My 1975 lazy style revival thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up this 1975 FJ40 back in April. I was building my fake 45 at the time, so it went on the back burner. Now it's time to start my lazy guy style revival of this V8 swapped Cruiser.
When purchased, the top was off due to the non existent rusted drip rail. It had an awful 1/4 thick pipe roll bar and so other 1990's style crap. I removed that cage and some other stuff and rigged on the hardtop. Mostly to preserve everything. It came with some new oem and aftermarket parts and some newish 32" BFG muds.
Here's what we got........

20230325_102932.jpg
20230325_121953.jpg
20230325_122004.jpg
20230325_150506.jpg
20230325_150528.jpg

I bought it from a friend of the previous owner. I got the pink slip from California too. Then it lived in Texas and later in Arizona. He told me stories of his 40 and wheeling with his buddy in this 75. Was pretty cool to hear it's history.

I found an off the shelf rattle can color that is a pretty close match. This should be good enough for the few items that need to be painted.
It looks better in person.........should look good once I clean and buff the current paint.
20231028_163327.jpg
20231028_163247.jpg

The great thing about sheep skins is how nice they get when left out in the elements. Just think of the repurposing opportunities.
Toupee
Bathmat
Insulation for your sound proof vault
Fire starter
Bed bug colony starter kit
Assless chaps
Cool off the barrel of your cannon

There might be some I’m missing.

Jack some O Reillys stores can match and mix paint. They can also put your custom color in an aerosol can.

Hopping on the follow train…

Are you keeping the SBC?

Jack some O Reillys stores can match and mix paint. They can also put your custom color in an aerosol can.
I am fully aware......as can a auto paint store. This is a cheaper alternative and easier to get my hands on.

I second rattle cans. Once you find the right color you can get a bunch for cheep. But you better get a bunch… I learned the hard way! I found a perfect match for my cruisers original color ( perfect) rebuilt my front dash, matched great. A month later I went to get some for the body, discontinued. My current color is just off. Now if I find a good color, I hosed s few cans. Lol

You still haven’t put that spoke wheel on anything 😂.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom