Builds Moonshine - A Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am hoping Moonshine will be at Logan's Run. :cool:

She will be!

@GLTHFJ60 ive got a rust free spare driver 60 door if you want it one day :)

Cole! Yes, I'd like to take you up on that. The last door I tried to track down was "mostly rust free", which apparently now means 5-10% rotten.

How long is the drive between our places?

In not so fun news, the 3rd gear synchro is getting rougher, and fourth gear synchro seems to be gone. Talking with @cruisermatt it could be the pilot bearing, but either way, trans has to come out in the not too distant future. Tow rig needs a clutch too.

Guess I won't be bored for a while, lol

She will be!

Cole! Yes, I'd like to take you up on that. The last door I tried to track down was "mostly rust free", which apparently now means 5-10% rotten.

How long is the drive between our places?
I’ll grab some pics tomorrow and send them to you. From memory it has no rust, still hoping that’s the case! My guess were probably 8ish hours away. I will be at southern cruiser crawl in AR next month if you know anyone from NC that goes?

After this weekend's progress, I was changing the oil, and found a wire that was beaten to death, and likely caused my fusible link short back in May. Can't believe I didn't find this sooner. I believe this was the OEM oil pressure sensor wire. got this cleaned up and retained properly on Sunday, and thought moonshine was good to go.

1568903141597.png

Of course, the ignition switch failed monday morning, by sticking in the START position. After running around the truck trying to get to the fusible link, it clicked off by chance. The return spring within the ignition switch failed 9 months ago, and I should have replaced it then. In tearing apart the column, then waiting for an ignition switch, I decided to clean up more of the dash wiring.

A year ago, I picked up a pack of these, thinking they were neat. I cleaned the wire, and fluxed it, before heating the connectors up. Almost every connection I used these connectors on failed. I kinda expected that, but at the same time, had hoped they worked. Anyway, avoid them, as I should have.

Amazon product ASIN B01M0EZBYQ
Inside of the broken ignition switch. Spring appeared to be the only failure, couldn't find an explanation for why it stuck in the start position. It doesn't appear to be the starter solenoid, because it has been operating as normal since the ignition switch replacement.

1568903296992.png

Cleaning:

1568903573458.png

All buttoned up with an 80-83 ignition switch, kinda clean, and ready for Logan's Run starting tonight!!

1568903630243.png

Last edited:
Yeah, a couple. Don't have any good ones of my truck.

Follow h8mud2uzfe99 and fbae62 on instagram. They have some good, really good, pictures and video of moonshine, from Logan's Run. They are on mud, but I'm not sure what their usernames are.

1569860345207.png

1569860362271.png

She did great, but 4th gear synchro is completely gone now.

You run street tires to make this harder this time or just didn't feel like hefting those huge meats around to swap them over?

Last edited:
You run street tires to make is harder this time or just didn't feel like hefting those huge meats around to swap them over?

:lol: both? My tow rig needs a clutch, meaning I couldn't tow to the event. That meant I couldn't swap at home, and I sure as heck wasn't going to swap them there.

Got some videos from @raanderson77 and put them up on YouTube. Check it out! Thanks Ryan!

IMHO, 4BTSwaps has been steadily going downhill since Andre sold it. Site admins seem to be doing more now *than they have been past few years*, and with a recent forum upgrade, Moonshine is featured in the site banner. Pretty neat. The admin account also used a smaller thumbnail of moonshine as their avatar :lol:

1572970077390.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom