Mike's Overhead Console Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love that overhead console.....once mine is running properly that may be on my hit list. MUCH better than that metal thing SOR offers, had one, thru it away!!!!!

Overhead console installed, wired for power and sound, installed two 3 way Kenwood speakers rated @ 220Watts RMS each.

full

and a center speaker grill for the CB speaker and two LED courtesy lights
full

full

That looks awesome! I may have to explore my options when I near the end of my build.

Love that overhead console.....once mine is running properly that may be on my hit list. MUCH better than that metal thing SOR offers, had one, thru it away!!!!!

Thanks Tom!

Next time I go to the lumber yard, gona pick up the lumber to do this. Thanks for the post

James, If you have any questions or need additional info please do not hesitate to ask as I'll be glad to help.

That really looks awesome, Mike! You did a great job, I'm sure getting the contours to fit right wasn't the easiest thing to do! I've got so many other things to do first, but I have always wanted to do an overhead console, too. I'll certainly be coming back to this thread in the future...thanks for your great pictures and documentation of this project!
:cheers:

Skip

That really looks awesome, Mike! You did a great job, I'm sure getting the contours to fit right wasn't the easiest thing to do! I've got so many other things to do first, but I have always wanted to do an overhead console, too. I'll certainly be coming back to this thread in the future...thanks for your great pictures and documentation of this project!
:cheers:

Skip

Thanks Skip! Be glad to help when the time comes.

Looks great!! Didn't think I needed one, but after seeing yours, well, I have got to build one.

How are your rubber seals ?? Are you pleased with all of them?

I recommend you build one. BTW, thanks for your kind words.
As far as the seals I'm very happy with them they all fit like a glove.

Great work, I'd love to install something like this on my BJ42 but electrics aren't my best!
Where did you wire all your circuits into? Eg for your switched power? Or did you run new relays off the battery?

Great work, I'd love to install something like this on my BJ42 but electrics aren't my best!
Where did you wire all your circuits into? Eg for your switched power? Or did you run new relays off the battery?

Thanks Kyle! I've temporarily wired it to the existing fuse block for testing purposes, however, I'll be installing a micro 6 circuit sub fuse block similar to this and connect it to switched power. I'll post some pics of the installation when it gets here.

s-l500.jpg

Mike, That is amazing work you did there. Looks great!!

Thanks Dave! I appreciate the accolades, how's your rig coming along?

I selected a different fuse sub block for the console, it will be located adjacent to the front heater.

full

I fabbed a mounting bracket to secure the fuse block to one of the heater bolts

full

full

full

full

I added a few extra outlets on the console

full

All electrical connections complete, currently testing and finalizing installation of the new sub fuse box, and also a pic of the topside of the console thru windshield
full

Great stuff!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom