Builds Megadoomer Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Put a new cable in over the weekend. After I put it in i stomped on the pedal a few times and it broke. As I replace things I see what a mickey mouse job the PO did on things. I noticed the top of the pedal was too low and the cable rubbed on the exit fitting. I think it made too much resistance. I put the pedal back together and made it a little longer. Put a spritz of bed liner on it and took it too the store. The pedal is way easy to push and I lurched off the line a few times.
20170320_180003.jpg
the PO had made a lock at the end of the cable and the hole was too small for the cable. So dumbass cut a few of the wires so it would fit. I'm surprised my heavy foot didn't break this sooner.

One of my big items before the Pig Party was to fab a fan shroud. Well on Friday I grabbed some ABS sheet on my way home and got to work today on it.
20170326_120900.jpg

Made my measurements and cut it out with my jig saw.
20170326_121836.jpg

20170326_123029.jpg

After I cut the notches out started to heat bend the sides. Just a few seconds of Mapp gas and sandwiched between two pieces of steel. It cooled quickly and holds it shape well.

20170326_124429.jpg

20170326_124643.jpg

Kept bending until I got to this point. Luckily I had some 1x1 angle that fit inside to do last tab.

20170326_125126.jpg

Took the notches that were left over and made pieces to reinforce the corners. I will probably pop rivet these in.
20170326_125519.jpg

The corner pieces.

This is the last cut. The dreaded circle. I took a lot of measurements to make sure this lines up. I mock fit it and I have plenty of clearance from the edges of the blades. Yay
20170326_201405.jpg

It's not pretty but you won't see it once it's on. Tomorrow I will put the corners on and finalize the mounting to the radiator.

Went out of town most of the week so I haven't installed the fan shroud. But while I was up north I got my EFI from my friend. Excited!
20170402_194814.jpg

Installed the shroud. It fit and the fan has good clearance. I idled the truck in 80 degree temps for 15 minutes and it stayed 180. On the road it now runs at 170-175. Very pleased.
20170406_172819.jpg

Next weekend I will be putting the EFI but I was rotating my tires and checking my brakes today. All the pads are good but honestly for having 4 wheel disks I really don't have very good stopping power. The booster and MC look old AF and I think the lines are really thin. I was looking into the 4runner setup and maybe replumb. I don't know what I have now but I don't have to worry about the slave.

Is the 94 4runner really plug and play?

I checked all the pads and they have meat but they are really hard. Also the outside rotor on the front driver had some bad groves. I think the PO ran the pad to metal and didnt want to replace the rotor. They are Man-a-fre brakes and they are not cheap. They were only going to sell me the pair but i talked them into selling me one rotor and a set of pads. I have some sort of GM caliper in the rear and hope i can can get a part number to replace those pads. I want to try the pad swap and see if the stopping is improved before I drop on a booster/MC.

My new fuel regulator came yesterday from the ebay. My other regulator only goes up to 16 psi and the Fast EFI needs 43 psi. Plus i needed the vacuum line too. If work doesn't rear its head I will be doing the EFI with my father in-law this weekend. I need to weld in the bung for the o2 sensor some time after work. The pig party is coming and i want to get the bugs out long before then. I will report soon.

Yesterday I put on the EFI. Took all day but it started right up and I drove it about miles after. Runs great.
20170429_120631.jpg
20170429_120640.jpg
20170429_120646.jpg
20170430_092801.jpg

I built a new spare tire rack on the swingout. I wanted a matched spare but recent crap has got me on a budget so I am just using my old swamper on an Alcoa.

I have been noticing am extra thud in the rear when I go over speed bumps. I knew my driver rear mount was a little knackered but now i thinl its given up alltogether. Is the a problem for the Colorado trip if the other mounts are good?
20170612_163831.jpg
20170612_163933.jpg

Is the a problem for the Colorado trip if the other mounts are good?

I would say “less than ideal” would be most accurate description, other than the “thud” going over bumps the damage to that area is done and the ultimate repair stays the same. You will be transferring some additional load to the surrounding mounts but from the sounds of things I don’t believe we are doing any hardcore trails that would cause permanent damage to those areas.

I am going to lose a lot of points. My rat-rod piggy runs on hopes and dreams mixed in with finger spliced wires and duct tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom