Builds Megadoomer Build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow! One heck of a list and well under budget. Good Job!
Well, Kinda. It doesnt include
$1800 for motor and trans
$650 for AA adapter
$450 for wire loom
$900 for shocks
$300 to re-rebuild the transmission
hundreds in consumables and another few hundred in beer.

Yesterday I drove up to Mt Laguna. It's nice peak at 6500 elevation and is only 50 miles from my house. We actually have a ton of survey work going on up there so I know the area pretty well. We were getting snow most of the week but by the time I got up there it was warming up and getting slushy. I went down a pretty fun road and when I was coming back up there was a log jam because 3 cars got stuck.

1640972047971.png

I set that electrical vault there under the Pig.
1640972081946.png

1640972152112.png

Not sure what the Subi was thinking but we got him back on track.
1640972200363.png

I even made a video of the BMW I pulled out. Sound is weird, I am still learning how to edit.

@scrapdaddy the pig is sweet. Pulling up a 6% grade at 80 mph. Temp stayed at 180 while on the freeway even when climbing. It is still basically the same off road capability with same gearing and shoes but a little more power and probably a few hundred pounds lighter. The only thing I don't like is not having the sway bar in. I am going to get that going with a list of other things hopefully early next year. Happy new year everyone!

It's a front off road style sway bar I pieced together at Kartek. It is a 1.25" hollow bar. I got 1 straight arm and a bent arm for the driver side. Turns out I need them both bent and I need to still get the links. The shop is about a 2 hour drive so I haven't been able to get the last bits I need.

Yesterday I drove up to Mt Laguna. It's nice peak at 6500 elevation and is only 50 miles from my house. We actually have a ton of survey work going on up there so I know the area pretty well. We were getting snow most of the week but by the time I got up there it was warming up and getting slushy. I went down a pretty fun road and when I was coming back up there was a log jam because 3 cars got stuck.

View attachment 2879943

I set that electrical vault there under the Pig.
View attachment 2879950

View attachment 2879951

Not sure what the Subi was thinking but we got him back on track.
View attachment 2879953

I even made a video of the BMW I pulled out. Sound is weird, I am still learning how to edit.

The Subi was thinking, "No problem, I has tow hook!"

Post 2001 on Mud!
Last weekend I tackled a few of the items I had left. Finally put in the new A/C compressor. I changed out the heater shutoff valve and now the A/C will not have hot water in core while on cool setting. The a/c is blows pretty cold. I also put in the new proportion valve. The fluid leak is fixed, well sort of. It has a small drip still. Just had a hell of a time making a flair that will seat right. Probably going to reflair this weekend.

I am trying to fix some of the beater parts on the truck because I am going to have a guy take it for a day and tune the ECU. That service is not cheap but I think it will be worth it. I am still on the startup tune and I can feel there is more in there.

No pics of the work. Was kind of boring. So here is when we visited my Grandma 2 weeks ago. She is supposed to turn 90 in a few months, but no one is too sure she will make it.
Screenshot_20220116-143955_Gallery.jpg

That's so special to have the time with your Grandma, she looks to be very alert, you're so lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom