LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is the left channel out for all of the inputs; AM, FM, turntable, external input, etc?

Usually it is the power amplifier that fails. After some quick research at Google University the amplifier module is available from Amazon for $13.

So, this is a blind attempt to fix the problem. If this doesn’t work, then a service manual/schematic will be required to diagnose the problem. Or, get the service manual and diagnose the problem before ordering parts.

Thoughts?

Can any of you point me in the direction of quality local shops have tech stream with the ability to raise and level my AHC? I am on a sensor lift, but need to get the additional lift via tech stream and level the suspension out as my driver’s side front sits a bit lower it.

Baldino’s lock and key Manassas va on Mathis ave. Worth the drive.

Ritchie at the Manassas Baldino's did some key whispering on my VERY troublesome Disco. He's the go-to guy for NoVA.

Ritchie at the Manassas Baldino's did some key whispering on my VERY troublesome Disco. He's the go-to guy for NoVA.
Absolutely.
Funny story about him there was a tow company that services Arlington in Fairfax county that never paid their federal taxes the IRS had a lien on them and he would never pay on time so they would go to his office in Merrifield Virginia where he had a safe he told him the money was in there but he didn’t know the combination he was being a smart ass. They would call Baldino’s down and the guy would break into the safe in less than 20 minutes and charge them almost $2000 he did it two or three times in a row and the guy finally got wise and started sending them money.

Any recommendations on shops in the NOVA area (Fairfax, Chantilly, Centreville, Sterling) that can install the leveling spacer (fronts) for the LC200? Also need to install my cat shield for my Tundra but I need two notches cut on the 10ga steel to fit under my TRD Pro skid plate.

Grew up in manassas and remember many times passing his shop on mathis, that shopping center is the land time forgot.

I would take it over to Windshield City and talk to Mike, the owner, about your specific situation. When he did my windshield he found a bit of rust and he wire brushed and primed it before installing the new glass. However, if it's real body work type of rust he may have you take it elsewhere for that.
Iptman- thanks for this recomendation. I purchased the gaskets and this week Mike replaced both my front and rear LC80 glass seals -- like you mentioned he wire brushed & primed any potential rust spots. Mike @ windshield city was fantastic to deal with, fair pricing and did a great job. Huge resource to the community.

Iptman- thanks for this recomendation. I purchased the gaskets and this week Mike replaced both my front and rear LC80 glass seals -- like you mentioned he wire brushed & primed any potential rust spots. Mike @ windshield city was fantastic to deal with, fair pricing and did a great job. Huge resource to the community.
Yea, he did my 4Runner and we had him do the Sienna too. Great dude.

I just saw this at Walmart. Might be a good and cheap option for the 2F.

PXL_20230123_210952569.jpg
PXL_20230123_211003328.jpg

I just saw this at Walmart. Might be a good and cheap option for the 2F.

View attachment 3227658View attachment 3227659
I had a flashback when I saw the pic of the Castrol bottle.
I remember waiting till every 3rd Sunday and getting the track Auto add in the WaPo and waiting for the .99 quart oil pice and getting 6 Qts of oil and a PH1 oil filter for my truck for $11.

I remember Trak Auto well! Used to go to the one on 123 near Burke Center Pkwy after picking up a rental VHS tape at Errol’s!

There was a small book store right next to it where I’d buy my fishing and BMX magazines; I’d often run into the hot girl from a different school who I’d see on Occoquan or Burke Lake fishing every now and then but was way too scared to talk to. Looking back, there’s no normal reason we’d cross paths in a bookstore so damn much. If only I’d had a spine back then…. Or if she had.

I remember Trak Auto well! Used to go to the one on 123 near Burke Center Pkwy after picking up a rental VHS tape at Errol’s!

There was a small book store right next to it where I’d buy my fishing and BMX magazines; I’d often run into the hot girl from a different school who I’d see on Occoquan or Burke Lake fishing every now and then but was way too scared to talk to. Looking back, there’s no normal reason we’d cross paths in a bookstore so damn much. If only I’d had a spine back then…. Or if she had.
Would have...
Could have.....
or
Should have......
are the starts of most sad sentences.

Anyone have a recommendation for welding up a small crack on an aluminum Jon boat? It's not near the water line, I'm just trying to prevent it from getting worse

PXL_20230201_181035703.jpg

My buddy had called around to a dozen or so welders in the area. Several said they don't do aluminum, most of the rest said they won't weld on a Jon boat since it has wiring pulled through and styrofoam blocks in the voids. I think we're going to have to cut an access panel right above the crack so we can get to the back of the crack and ensure we don't start a fire between the sheets of aluminum. Sucks.

Powder Coating

Had a very good experience with NV Coatings in Chantilly.

Brought them a set of 5 cosmetically-unpleasant wheels picked up from a breaker yard. Plus a set of new Nokian Outpost ATs. One week later, I am pleased with the results. They sanded out all the gouges on faces and smoothed out any rash on the lips. No metal or filler added.

Good communication. Fair-ish pricing. Excellent finish. Haven't run the setup yet to see how the balance is.

I had always used Asco in Manassas. But didnt care for the work they did on the last two sets a few years back. Plus they won't do much prep work beyond stripping. And they don't deal with tires.

View attachment 3188393

Anyone know of a good local powder coating place?
Yes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom