LOCAL Resources for Service, Parts, Tools, Supplies, Services Etc. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anybody have Techstream and is willing/able to program one of those Lexus key cards for me? The dealership said they absolutely will not program a key for me since I didn’t purchase it from them. I work in Springfield but live close to Annapolis. I have a 2021 LC200
Baldino’s lock and key Manassas va on Mathis ave. Worth the drive.

Baldino’s lock and key Manassas va on Mathis ave. Worth the drive.
I just tried Baldinos in Annapolis. The guy looked at me like I was crazy and had no idea how to do it. I ordered TechStream and it “should” arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

I just tried Baldinos in Annapolis. The guy looked at me like I was crazy and had no idea how to do it. I ordered TechStream and it “should” arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the info!
Manassas not Annapolis. The Toyota dealer there in Manassas uses them for keys

Does anyone have a recommendation for a plumber who will run a water line and install a yard hydrant? I'm not having much luck finding a local plumber willing to do this kind of work.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a plumber who will run a water line and install a yard hydrant? I'm not having much luck finding a local plumber willing to do this kind of work.

Good timing, I just had my hydrant moved on Monday.
My regular plumber subs out to an outfit called Priority 1 in Leesburg.
If they don't service your area, they can probably refer.

They've got a directional boring machine. Took them 1.5 hours to extend the line about 30 feet and install a replacement hydrant on the other side of a large rock garden. Most of the time was spent hand digging the holes for the old and new hydrants. Three man crew. Cleaned up everything afterward.
I've got pure clay/topsoil, no rocks. In those conditions, they can run ~300' with the borer. If you're in a rocky area, they will probably trench.

Another company wanted to trench around the rock garden. The quote was +50% and the area would have needed a lot of restoration.

Gonna extend the rocks to the new hydrant. Need to seed the old area. It was a huge hole. Line was buried at 40" and also had a conduit that needed to be capped and abandoned
20220328_125910.jpg
20220331_105303.jpg

Last edited:
Good timing, I just had my hydrant moved on Monday.
My regular plumber subs out to an outfit called Priority 1 in Leesburg.
If they don't service your area, they can probably refer.

They've got a directional boring machine. Took them 1.5 hours to extend the line about 30 feet and install a replacement hydrant on the other side of a large rock garden. Most of the time was spent hand digging the holes for the old and new hydrants. Three man crew. Cleaned up everything afterward.
I've got pure clay/topsoil, no rocks. In those conditions, they can run ~300' with the borer. If you're in a rocky area, they will probably trench.

Another company wanted to trench around the rock garden. The quote was +50% and the area would have needed a lot of restoration.

Gonna extend the rocks to the new hydrant. Need to seed the old area. It was a huge hole. Line was buried at 40" and also had a conduit that needed to be capped and abandoned
View attachment 2967496View attachment 2967500
Thanks for the recommendation. Got mine in today. I need to go back and put a layer of rock around the base.

PXL_20220414_210028416.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation. Got mine in today. I need to go back and put a layer of rock around the base.

View attachment 2981519
Excellent!

My rock extension isn't finished yet. But I was able to do a huge brush burn this week. Was holding off til I had the hydrant situation sorted out.

The mill down the street will do landscape rock in bulk bags. Gonna have them half fill so I can handle with my small skidsteer. Need a few tons for two projects.

Rock at the big box store is almost $5 bag now. :censor:

I got my rock in this evening. I had some that was about to be hauled off so I used it here. 2 layers of weed cloth underneath. We'll see how it does over time.

IMG_20220415_211856.jpg

Anyone have a recommendation for an auto upholstery shop? I need to get the headline in the Suburban recovered and maybe the seats recovered.

Roys in Berryville.
Haven't used them, but hear they do good work and will take on unusual/difficult jobs.

Sterling Upholstrry.
Used them a cpl times. Good quality, reasonable price. Have heard same from others.

Pollet in Fairfax
Top shop in the area and priced accordingly.

Anyone have a recommendation for an auto upholstery shop? I need to get the headline in the Suburban recovered and maybe the seats recovered.
B Z Auto Upholstery they are Lorton.

Roys in Berryville.
Haven't used them, but hear they do good work and will take on unusual/difficult jobs.

Sterling Upholstrry.
Used them a cpl times. Good quality, reasonable price. Have heard same from others.

Pollet in Fairfax
Top shop in the area and priced accordingly.

Yeah, I talked to Doug Pollet. I'm hoping not to spend that kind of money on this project. Katskins are nice but this 'burb is no show car. He quoted me $800 labor to install new carpet and that's while the seats are out.

Funes's upholstery LLC does great work. He's out in Paris VA.

looking for a shop local to Reston/Herndon/Sterling that can weld. Fredericksburg and Bealeton are just a bit tooooo far from western fairfax co.

1) front radius arm brackets. bonus points for being able to press new bushings into arms
2) panhard correction brackets
3) t-case crossmember bolt snapped off in frame

none of this is rocket science, just attention to detail so things end up square. my fabricator buddy moved 5hrs away or i'd convince him to do it

Not in Reston but they said they would take care of the same thing on my GX and I've been meaning to schedule

Any recommendations for detailing? I am NOT a car detail kind of guy, but we're prepping the 100 for shipment to Europe, so would like to get someone to get the interior/exterior/engine bay sufficiently clean to impress the customs folks in Belgium.

I plan to pull all five wheels and pressure wash the undercarriage, but think I should probably just hire an expert to do the rest . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom