LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've had the Phoenix radio installed for about a year now and I have only recently noticed an issue. All A/C controls work including the physical buttons, however changing the airflow position does nothing. It doesn't matter if it is set for foot vents, dash vents, or defrost, air only come out of the dash vents. I can press the button and the icons cycle and light up as expected however there is no change to the airflow out of the dash vents.

I realize this could be a mechanic issue but I was hoping someone here had and hopefully fixed a similar issue.
Sounds like the controller box, does selecting the manual defrost (icon above left over selector) work? When mine has frozen a hard reset fixes, but it doesn’t cycle through in that scenario 😕

I bought the 360 degree cameras with it and so far they are working, so it’s not the original back up camera. I think the unit is just a head and runs into the OEM amp. I certainly didn’t buy an amp. The audio sounds clearer to me than it did when I was connecting my iPhone with an aftermarket Bluetooth module. Everything seems to work; radio, climate, defrosters. This said, I can’t find a screen that gives me the outside temp. I also can’t find the screen that has the tire pressure monitor readings. I got external sensors with the unit. Of course, the OEM tire pressure light on the dash is still blinking, as it has been for most of the 11 years I’ve owned the truck! If I were less lazy, I’d put a piece of duct tape over it. We were skiing most of the day so I haven’t explored it a lot. I’ll poke around the functions more over the next couple of days. I used Ways and my music library while driving today and it was easy and very handy. I stopped using the OEM NAV system years ago since it was such a pain in the neck. Here’s a pic of the unit in the dash.

C8F434CA-0FFD-4134-AFD4-24E93011EDAE.jpeg

I bought the 360 degree cameras with it and so far they are working, so it’s not the original back up camera. I think the unit is just a head and runs into the OEM amp. I certainly didn’t buy an amp. The audio sounds clearer to me than it did when I was connecting my iPhone with an aftermarket Bluetooth module. Everything seems to work; radio, climate, defrosters. This said, I can’t find a screen that gives me the outside temp. I also can’t find the screen that has the tire pressure monitor readings. I got external sensors with the unit. Of course, the OEM tire pressure light on the dash is still blinking, as it has been for most of the 11 years I’ve owned the truck! If I were less lazy, I’d put a piece of duct tape over it. We were skiing most of the day so I haven’t explored it a lot. I’ll poke around the functions more over the next couple of days. I used Ways and my music library while driving today and it was easy and very handy. I stopped using the OEM NAV system years ago since it was such a pain in the neck. Here’s a pic of the unit in the dash.

View attachment 2916668
Cool! Thanks for info. I do not see security red light on the unit, I guess this functionality is lost. Am I correct?
Temperature supposed to be in the settings (advanced), just a toggle display it or not.

Cool! Thanks for info. I do not see security red light on the unit, I guess this functionality is lost. Am I correct?
Temperature supposed to be in the settings (advanced), just a toggle display it or not.
Thanks. I’ll try to find it in settings. I don’t see a red security light...so that appears to be lost.

I had zero luck, only one button worked out of that cluster. I ripped it yesterday and they are sending me another one. If the new one isnt plug and play, I'm giving up. I can't believe there isnt a way to replace the single din tape deck and keep all OEM AC controls etc...... sad..
Any luck with the new one (if you've received it yet)? I installed mine in November and have the same issue. I'm just now getting some free time to dig into it.

Any luck with the new one (if you've received it yet)? I installed mine in November and have the same issue. I'm just now getting some free time to dig into it.
Nope, I didn't have any luck. Returned both units and on top of that Phoenix charged me a 100$ restock fee for their non-working, non plug-and-play unit. So i just received and installed the GROM Vline VL2 unit and so far I LOVE it. Wish I would've went that route the first time. Truly Plug-and-play. I would def. post some vids or pics on here, but I don't know the proper location to do that....

Following up on my previous post regarding no defrost/floor vent. Turns out my issue was with the vent control servo and blend doors, not a failing of the head unit.

I took apart the lower dash under the steering column to remove the servo. With the servo unmounted but still connected I activated the vent options on the head unit and got no response from the servo. Not being one to give up easily I disassembled the servo to test the motor. The motor worked with 12V so then I cleaned everything and re-assembled. Lo and behold when I connected the wiring to the still unmounted servo, the servo moved using the head unit controls. The blend doors were also binding/stuck, took and little working but I was able to get them freed.

Last edited:
Following up on my previous post regarding no defrost/floor vent. Turns out my issue was with the vent control servo and blend doors, not a failing of the head unit.

I took apart the lower dash under the steering column to remove the servo. With the servo unmounted but still connected I activated the vent options on the head unit and got no response from the servo. Not being one to give up easily I disassembled the servo to test the motor. The motor worked with 12V so then I cleaned everything and re-assembled. Lo and behold when I connected the wiring to the still unmounted servo, the servo moved using the head unit controls. The blend doors were also binding/stuck, took and little working but I was able to get them freed.
Glad you got it sorted and TY for the update.
@fdmsiv does that mean everything works for you after a year of having this installed?
Also what year, LC or LX do you have?
Thank you in advance

Anybody here have any experience with the Teyes CC3 (or any other Teyes screen) on their LX ?

Anybody here have any experience with the Teyes CC3 (or any other Teyes screen) on their LX ?
I don't see an LX option, just the GX.

Last edited:
Olá a todos,

Tópico incrível sobre a unidade de estilo tesla, obrigado por muitos bons insights. Eu passei por este tópico e alguns outros, mas não consegui entender claramente se alguém tentou instalar isso nos modelos anteriores a 2003?

Sou novo neste fórum e possuo um Land Cruiser 100 2001 (edição de 50 anos). De vez em quando, ouço um zumbido extremamente irritante que parece estar vindo da unidade de navegação de estoque, e estou me perguntando se devo fazer uma atualização no estilo tesla em algum momento, pois acredito que pode ser ainda mais barato do que tentando encontrar uma unidade de estoque nova/usada.

View attachment 2155422

Encontrei uma foto do google de como é meu traço.

Eu estava olhando para esta opção para o meu LC:
US $ 613,19 16% OFF | Android9 Tela vertical Navegação GPS do carro para TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LC100 92 2002 unidade central multimídia player rádio gravador de fita no carro Multimedia Player de automóveis e motocicletas no AliExpress .

Aprecie quaisquer comentários sobre o tema.
Meu land cruiser tem o mesmo sistema que receberá o seu e acabou de ser um sistema o fabricante me garantiu que terá todos os recursos, inclusive AC. Agora resta montar e controlar

Seguindo, aguardo seu relato sobre se funciona. Este é o auto-rádio que você está substituindo? Este é o meu 02.

View attachment 2705054
Olá. Comprei um dispositivo estilo tesla que o fabricante me garantiu ter todos os recursos, incluindo AC. Meu sistema é igual ao seu. Agora resta montá-lo. Estou um pouco preocupado porque o fornecedor não me dá nenhuma instrução.

Waiting to hear back from Phoenix to see if my 02' LC with Nav is compatible with one of their units. I'm curious if anyone has explored if it's possible to add an OBD2 scanner app to the Android environment to view diagnostic data (water temp, transmission temp, fault codes, etc.) in place of something like mounting a ScanGauge2 or other device. I'm not sure how it would connect to the scanner (bluetooth?), but it would be cool if possible.

No-go on the Phoenix unit for my '02 with Nav. Just sourced rotary HVAC control unit, bezel, and wiring harnesses to start a Nav delete. Never an easy road with my Cruiser. :)

Waiting to hear back from Phoenix to see if my 02' LC with Nav is compatible with one of their units. I'm curious if anyone has explored if it's possible to add an OBD2 scanner app to the Android environment to view diagnostic data (water temp, transmission temp, fault codes, etc.) in place of something like mounting a ScanGauge2 or other device. I'm not sure how it would connect to the scanner (bluetooth?), but it would be cool if possible.
I have Atoto S8 on my other car, obd2 BT adapter and car scanner app - works like a charm. Tested the same adapter and same app with phoenix unit - works, in spite of their statement the BT adapter does not work and you need wifi. Wifi is a no-go for me since I use modem mode on my phone to provide wifi for the unit.

Thanks for starting this thread, @BigLittle. The other was definitely starting to meander away from the central purpose (and I had plenty to do with that).

For those who have questions about my install and experience to this point with the PX6 unit in an '06 LX, feel free to leave them here and I'll do my best to answer them or capture photos/video. I've also had plenty of time to assemble what I consider to be a "core" set of apps that improve the unit significantly from the factory setup.
I am about to order the LX6 for my 06LX with nav. I have had the car for about 24 hours and am also looking for information on replacing speakers/sub/amps.

@romeo72oo here’s some highlights from when I did this:
I put one in an ‘06, issues I ran into:
*power signal to amp
*ds front speaker not working
*ground loop buzz in speakers
*6v rear camera
Ultimate fixes:
*ditch the stock amp, purchase 5-channel and run RCAs from HU, use stock wires out of factory amp to speakers/sub. Run dedicated power signal wire from HU.
*have to loop ds speaker at nav harness under ps seat (don’t remove this component)
*run single rca w/ integrated trigger, splice in to camera.
Here’s the thread with the amp info:

You’ll need 5-channel (4 speakers + sub) and the ability to handle 2 & 4 ohm speakers (factory are 2ohm, most aftermarket 4ohm). I went with a Kenwood that fit well under seat once nav dvd & amp where removed.

Tucker

View attachment 2916668
I have an 07 LC with the nav system and have been looking at the Phoenix px6 set up. What did all did you order along with the head unit to make it work smoothly? Aside from your wood being brown and mine being grey they look the same. Are you still happy with the functionality of the system (hard to not beat the OEM system)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom