LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have an 06 LC too, please share once you figure out the audio issues with the wiring.

Any 06 cruiser figure out the audio with JBL amp? My HVAC controls work but no audio :(

Maybe have to take it to a car audio place and have them install with a 5 channel amp and sub! Ugh, but I really want that.

any fixes on airbag light (code B1152-passenger airbag on/off indicator circuit) that im getting after installing

unable to reset via Techstream
I had an issue with something similar when I pulled out my passenger seat for amp install. I unplugged the airbag sensor plug under the seat and re-plugged it and the light went off. Not sure if it was this specific code though.

I had the PX6 version maybe there is a difference. Mine also had none of the 100 series artwork like yours has, it just has a yellow Lamborghini and a white sedan graphics. I tried to get support from Rhino through both Facebook and their email but it took them over 24 hours to reply on each, then I replied back and didn't hear anything for another 24 hours. After doing that for a few days I just decided to return it for a refund. Maybe I'll try again when they fix some bugs.

Made a video of my issues:

The Rear Defrost / OFF / Rear AC / Side Mirror Heater button are inoperable. Mine had some Saudi dude's account and I'm thinking I got a crappy unit.

I contacted RR last Sunday and again on Friday... Sent ZF last night to see if they can help.

Did you return your unit?

If I don't get a reply by Tuesday I'm sending mine back...

Anyone using an inclinometer app that works? I installed Car Web guru (home screen app) and it doesn’t have a built in inclinometer.

I’ve installed many apps and zero’d out the inclinometer and it just doesn’t seem to to read any data.

Hello all,

Amazing thread regarding the tesla style unit, thanks for a lot of good insight. I have gone through this thread and some others but couldn't really get a clear understanding if someone has tried to install this on the older than 2003 models?

I'm new to this forum and i own a Land Cruiser 100 2001 (50th anniversary edition). I'm once in a while hearing an extremely annoying buzzing sound that seems to be coming from the stock nav unit, and i'm wondering if i should go for a tesla style upgrade at some point as i believe it might be even cheaper than trying to find a new / used stock unit.

1576232568458.png

I found a pic from google on how my dash looks like.

I was looking at this option for my LC:
US $613.19 16% OFF|Android9 Vertical screen Car GPS Navigation For TOYOTA LAND CRUISER LC100 92 2002 headunit multimedia player radio tape recorder-in Car Multimedia Player from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress.

Appreciate any comments on the topic.

Looks like your model is not compatible.

I have a 2002 Lexus LX 470. The system looks exactly like @Finnish dude picture above. I was told by Rhino that they couldn't supply a compatible system. I was told by Phoenix that they could. I sent both of them pictures. So @rrc swb link above concerns me a little. Neither vendor gave me any technical details. I would have liked to talk to someone technical but that didn't happen. Phoenix seemed considerably more expensive and they would not price match Rhino. I never ended up ordering anything and am still evaluating. I really hope I find a solution though.

Sorry, I accidentally posted the post above three times but cannot delete them, but I can edit them!

Last edited:
Well since I have a 2006 with the JBL amp I have no audio. Went by a custom audio shop and they wanted way too much money to install a system that would be overkill for my needs and wants. So I guess I'll dust of my audio install skills and do it myself which leads me to a question:

I've pulled the passenger seat and removed the nav dvd computer, the backup ecu and the jbl amp. There is ample room in there for a Kicker KXA800.5 amp I'm planning to install. Question is this: Can I completely ditch nav dvd and backup camera ecu without causing any errors in the system as a whole? I'm planing on running the new backup camera that came with the PX6 in the stock housing so I'm thinking I won't need either.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Well since I have a 2006 with the JBL amp I have no audio. Went by a custom audio shop and they wanted way too much money to install a system that would be overkill for my needs and wants. So I guess I'll dust of my audio install skills and do it myself which leads me to a question:

I've pulled the passenger seat and removed the nav dvd computer, the backup ecu and the jbl amp. There is ample room in there for a Kicker 44KXA500.8 amp I'm planning to install. Question is this: Can I completely ditch nav dvd and backup camera ecu without causing any errors in the system as a whole? I'm planing on running the new backup camera that came with the PX6 in the stock housing so I'm thinking I won't need either.

Thoughts?
That’s what I did. Removed amp, nav dvd and backup computer.

Four channel for doors under passenger seat. Sub amp is on the removable box.

That’s what I did. Removed amp, nav dvd and backup computer.

Four channel for doors under passenger seat. Sub amp is on the removable box.

Super, thanks. I'm planning on re using the stock brackets with a few bends possibly. The amp I'm installing is 5 channel and i'll just run new 16 gauge speaker wire to the cargo area for the sub I'm getting. Should be awesome as the amp puts our 50x4 at 4 ohms or 100x4 at 2 ohms and 400x1 at 2 ohms for the sub rms. Has a bluetooth remote i'll flush mount in the dash or console somewhere.

Has anyone tried to contact RR about their head unit and got no response?

My unit doesn't work and they have decided to ignore it. I sent the pictures they asked and they went radio silent...

Has anyone tried to contact RR about their head unit and got no response?

My unit doesn't work and they have decided to ignore it. I sent the pictures they asked and they went radio silent...

I forget who but someone directed me to message the on FB and have had much better luck. Was getting nothing on phone or email but they usually respond to FB within a day.

I had a few questions before (since there's no instructions) and they replied quickly.

I don't have FB :confused:

Thanks, this fixed my issue where i had AC working then messed with the settings trying to change boot logo and then lost ac functionality. Switching back to this corrected.

For an 05' lx470 with auto AC
car type = cruiser 100 hi
protocol = tangdu

i have just realised i have no imobaliser light having replaced my old system,mind you its takrn me 3 months to realise this.Is this the case with all of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom