Kokopelli Trail/Moab 2019 April-May (1 Viewer)

Dates

• April 20 - May 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 26 - May 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 3 - May 12

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was some confusion, the plan above is the one Sammy put together and posted back on July 11, I just reposted it. I will talk to @2fpower as he has been in contact with our local guide to see if we should extend the kokopelli trail to 4 days.

With those dates worse case is we spent more time taking the trail ? We can adjust for that easily. Just let us know or have Kelly confirm. After he come up from wire world.

I don't think there are any changes to the plan..... Kelly (colorado) seemed very flexible, and it really is up to us. Given the size of the group, and the risk for repairs needed, we all need to keep in mind that the plans will change. Weather can also make things change. My point is that we need to plan for flexibility......

Any opposition to having us end up in Moab by Thursday, the 16th? Flights are about $200 cheaper from there so Sylvia can fly out.

@rockstate45 I don't understand your question.... see schedule below.

Trails - Friday May 10th/Saturday May 11th/Sunday May 12th (base out of KOA moab)
Kokopelli trail Monday May 13th-Wednesday May 15th.
More trail Thursday May 16th and Friday May 17th (base out of KOA moab)
Head Back on Saturday May 18th/Sunday May 19th

Guys,

Starting a little "planning" for the trip and that means double checking everything for the trip. What better place to start than with Cruise Moab's website for a little "initial" guidance. They've outlined some vehicle requirements (I can't imagine we'll have any issues with this in the group...) and a trail rating system. See below:

VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS | Cruise Moab

TRAIL RATINGS | Cruise Moab

At some point, I'll probably come up with a checklist of things to check (shocks, knuckle studs, fluids, etc.) and I'll post it for critiquing by the experts.

Jack

Working on a checklist to help prepare for this trip with things like checking fluids, belts, torque specs, etc. While the torque specs are geared toward the 80 series owners, the checklist might still be helpful for someone else trying to do a quick prep for this trip. I wouldn't mind building on this, whether we pass it along via email or a Google drive spreadsheet, I'm all ears.

Additionally, having a "spare parts" list would be helpful to know prior to the trip. I typically carry the small stuff - like belts, fluids, etc. but don't carry birfs, spare bolts (i.e. like brake caliper bolts that back out), driveshafts, etc.

Open to public forum for thoughts here.

I am definitely in !

Still in

Last edited:
Colin's dog Islay and my dog Roo get along pretty well which could in itself justify letting at least Islay join us. The Crowberries are optional tho..

I say come aboard the good ship lolipop. In fact, i will step down as co-leader and nominate him for that role.... I know that Colin is way more better (that's how english is done) at GPS nav.

do I hear a second?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom