Kokopelli Trail/Moab 2019 April-May (1 Viewer)

Dates

• April 20 - May 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 26 - May 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 3 - May 12

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this has been on my list to do for a long time.....I scratched the surface last year with the trip to the top of the world but it is 3-4 day adventure depending on rain. The rest of the trip will be exploring MOAB and getting some quality wheeling time in. Did I say MOAB oh yes.....it is amazing and the views are incredible. The plan is 10 solid days of adventure. Anyone is welcome however 10 rigs max if you you are interested vote on the dates and put your name up. I know its far out but I need to arrange camping and lodging head of time and give my local contact heads up.

Kokopelli Trail - Wikipedia

I'm in, dates don't matter for me.

Was planning a long trip out that direction last 2-3weeks of May myself. If y'all are heading out I'd be much more willing to do the more difficult trails not being by myself. My family is doing a stint in Sedona for like 4 days the week of memorial day. So anything before their activities is good with me. Trip also relies on pto availability as I have no senority.

Very interested. May 10-19?

Put me down as a maybe right now until I can put my head on straight and check the calendars.

@KC100series, you in?

Edit: I'm in. No calendar conflicts right now other than my mom's birthday on the 24th of April.

Last edited:
Dang it, move it another week out...Mitch has finals in college thru 5/10. We definitely had plans to do this with you.
Well I’m flexible. Stacy said she does not want to go. So it will be me and maybe both or one of the kiddos.

i'm in. Dates should not matter.

Gotta have a reason to finish a truck aka.. Not gonna finish it if i don't have a deadline.. I will take the 45.. Can i reserve a spot..
Dog friendly? if Jenn would let me bring her.. Ive done moab rim, depending on which direction it is not as much fun for the person looking down the whole time!

Gotta have a reason to finish a truck aka.. Not gonna finish it if i don't have a deadline.. I will take the 45.. Can i reserve a spot..
Dog friendly? if Jenn would let me bring her.. Ive done moab rim, depending on which direction it is not as much fun for the person looking down the whole time!
Yes and yes dog friendly.

So this has been on my list to do for a long time.....I scratched the surface last year with the trip to the top of the world but it is 3-4 day adventure depending on rain. The rest of the trip will be exploring MOAB and getting some quality wheeling time in. Did I say MOAB oh yes.....it is amazing and the views are incredible. The plan is 10 solid days of adventure. Anyone is welcome however 10 rigs max if you you are interested vote on the dates and put your name up. I know its far out but I need to arrange camping and lodging head of time and give my local contact heads up.

I’m

I’m in dates don’t matter

I’m in if we’re talking May 10 or after.

Sammy, when we talked about this last year we were thinking about shipping our rigs out and either flying or piling in something fast and efficient for personal travel so we could focus more time on the trail rather than getting to it. Now that you have a big rig, I’m guessing you plan to haul yourself. Anyone interested in a shipping option? I can possibly get a break if we have enough to fill a complete trailer...not necessarily cheap but definitely low drama and more play time. I’m guessing it’ll probably run $1200-$1500 round trip for your rigs ride out west.

I would be very interested in shipping. I plan on doing this someday for the 45 run in California. Best place to ship them to would be Grand Junction. Maybe convince MetricOffroad to stash them for us? Guess i need to get my truck done and quit chatting?
Flying out and an uber would be an option.. Or if we are really cheap how many clowns can fit in a prius?

Sammy,

Just saw this - it'll be a blast, I'm sure. With Beth's illness and my Mom living with us, we have not been taking many trips lately, so I don't think we're a candidate, but I wanted to share some thoughts.

We've been to Cruise Moab 5 times, done the full Kokopelli from Grand Junction to Moab and Rose Garden Hill / Top of the World a couple other times.

Cruise Moab is a terrific, wheeling bucket-list event. Rising Sun does a great job with it and the crowd is really fun to wheel with. Have you considered dates that overlap with it? Based on the number of respondents that have indicated the dates don't matter to them, I'd highly recommend it.

Lots of folks come early or stay afterwards to extend their trip and get in additional wheeling. CM doesn't take over Moab as much as the Easter Jeep event, but its still pretty tough to go very far without seeing other Land Cruiser folks on and off the trail.

Folks come from New England to Florida, California to Canada with everything from buggies to cooly built diesel 70 series. There's a vender night, cook out, raffle, lots of trail diversity. I'd also suggest you look at some non-wheeling activities like rafting or mountain biking (rent them there) if you're going to be there that long. Or maybe a trip down to Canyonlands NP, either Needles or the Maze.

You mentioned you already have a local contact, but Ace Brown and Jonathan Harris from Bookcliff Cruisers, out of Grand Junction, and Stan Wright, the Toyota Trails editor and coordinator of the Hundreds in the Hills event are all experienced trail leaders for the Kokopelli and would probably be glad to share their info / insights too.

You'll have a great time if you choose different dates, but I know Cruise Moab will add greatly to your experience.

Rick

Last edited:
Sammy,

Just saw this - it'll be a blast, I'm sure. With Beth's illness and my Mom living with us, we have not been taking many trips lately, so I don't think we're a candidate, but I wanted to share some thoughts.

We've been to Cruise Moab 5 times, done the full Kokopelli from Grand Junction to Moab and Rose Garden Hill / Top of the World a couple other times.

Cruise Moab is a terrific, wheeling bucket-list event. Rising Sun does a great job with it and the crowd is really fun to wheel with. Have you considered dates that overlap with it? Based on the number of respondents that have indicated the dates don't matter to them, I'd highly recommend it.

Lots of folks come early or stay afterwards to extend their trip and get in additional wheeling. CM doesn't take over Moab as much as the Easter Jeep event, but its still pretty tough to go very far without seeing other Land Cruiser folks on and off the trail.

Folks come from New England to Florida, California to Canada with everything from buggies to cooly built diesel 70 series. There's a vender night, cook out, raffle, lots of trail diversity. I'd also suggest you look at some non-wheeling activities like rafting or mountain biking (rent them there) if you're going to be there that long. Or maybe a trip down to Canyonlands NP, either Needles or the Maze.

You mentioned you already have a local contact, but Ace Brown and Jonathan Harris from Bookcliff Cruisers, out of Grand Junction, and Stan Wright, the Toyota Trails editor and coordinator of the Hundreds in the Hills event are all experienced trail leaders for the Kokopelli and would probably be glad to share their info / insights too.

You'll have a great time if you choose different dates, but I know Cruise Moab will add greatly to your experience.

Rick
Thanks Rick I appreciate your insight.

I would be very interested in shipping. I plan on doing this someday for the 45 run in California. Best place to ship them to would be Grand Junction. Maybe convince MetricOffroad to stash them for us? Guess i need to get my truck done and quit chatting?
Flying out and an uber would be an option.. Or if we are really cheap how many clowns can fit in a prius?
Well I’ll have open seats as well

I'd like to toss chef into the list. We both need to finish up a project but worst case scenario we both attend in his tacoma. Best case we might bring 2 fj45s , mid case one 45 and one tacoma. Not having done any research is this a light trail or extreme? In English body damage expected or do I need to get arbs installed ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom