Kokopelli Trail/Moab 2019 April-May (1 Viewer)

Dates

• April 20 - May 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 26 - May 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 3 - May 12

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sammy, when we talked about this last year we were thinking about shipping our rigs out and either flying or piling in something fast and efficient for personal travel so we could focus more time on the trail rather than getting to it. Now that you have a big rig, I’m guessing you plan to haul yourself. Anyone interested in a shipping option? I can possibly get a break if we have enough to fill a complete trailer...not necessarily cheap but definitely low drama and more play time. I’m guessing it’ll probably run $1200-$1500 round trip for your rigs ride out west.

It's only about a 12 hour trip to grand junction even in a loaded down, under geared 80 series. One long day of driving and you are basically at the trailhead. There is some pretty good camping on top of the Colorado monument for an easy start out the next morning.

I'd like to toss chef into the list. We both need to finish up a project but worst case scenario we both attend in his tacoma. Best case we might bring 2 fj45s , mid case one 45 and one tacoma. Not having done any research is this a light trail or extreme? In English body damage expected or do I need to get arbs installed ?
I don’t plan on any body damage. There are couple of obstacles that sliders will be a good idea but other than that you should be fine

So what your saying is get the truck ready and I might skip rose garden hill. I've been stuck on that one before.

Keep your calendars open for maybe Sat of Father's day weekend. My Fiancee and I are gonna have a big Hog Roast and would like you to be there.

We'll be pretty busy with the Smithville Warriors Track Season as well as some other planning and unable to make this Moab/Utah trip. :D :hillbilly: :grinpimp:

Those dates should work for me and I'm in if there's still space left for another rig

Sammy what are the dates looking like with others suggestions?

I'd like to make it on this trip. Got some billstein 5100s to put on so I should have some lift by the time to be a little more capable.

Sammy what are the dates looking like with others suggestions?

I'd like to make it on this trip. Got some billstein 5100s to put on so I should have some lift by the time to be a little more capable.
The furthest I can push trip out is may 9 - may 18th.

Sounds good to me. Please count me in. That's over Mother's Day, so I'll start the sweet-talkin' now.;)

Ok Guys and Gals we will go ahead and close this out:
Here is the list of rigs that are interested please post up for sure you can make these dates and the proposed plan.

@BigRedOne75
@Taco16Jessy
@KC100series
@Robkc
@Chef
@tornadoalleycruiser
@milemarker60
@FZJ80 in KC
@rockstate45
@kc_chevota
@2fpower
@DEW1

The Dates:
May 9th - May 19th. I will be leaving Columbia on Thursday early and probably staying the first night somewhere in Colorado. Be in Moab on the 10th by 12:00 pm is my goal. I will be staying at the KOA Moab, Utah Campground | Moab KOA in Moab. They have trailer parking and also a 3 tent site is 54 dollhairs a day ( I was told this price may change next year). Pool/place/Dog Park/Hot Tub and a place to hang out. Since will be in our rigs all day it will be worth it. I encourage you to book as soon as you know you can go. There is also lots of primitive sites/cabins/VRBO's as well around Moab. If you need direction for primitive camping I have some local intel I can share as well.

The Plan:
Trails - Friday May 10th/Saturday May 11th/Sunday May 12th
Kokopelli trail Monday May 13th-Wednesday May 15th.
More trail Thursday May 16th and Friday May 17th
Head Back on Saturday May 18th/Sunday May 19th

I will get with my local contact to see what trails to run in Moab and we can decide as a group when we get there depending on weather and other conditions.

Last edited:
Trainrech is out.. but i'm in don't forget i added @Chef from Columbia. prior to the trip i'll make sure he knows to follow you, I'll join in Kansas city or.. Chef and I will join you in KC or wait for you to pass us somewhere in Kansas.
So we running Kokopelli from MOab to Colorado?
Moab 10-13th checkout am, wheeling 13-15 (homeless), you coming back the 15th evening to the KOA or other - Sat 18th? or staying in colorado?

and yeah.. I"m in.. I'll figure out how to get out of work later! :)
I'll make sure @Chef is in as well.. Pretty sure i can get him to take vacation time as well.

Want to clarify the dates cause I will probably get one of those little cabins at the KOA. i like AC sometimes when i sleep.

Update 7/13/18
KOA booked for Fri 5/10, Sat 5/11, Sun 5/12 depart Sun 5/13, Arrival back at KOA on 5/15, Reservation at KOA Wed 5/15.

Chef and I might camp out somewhere in a national park the 16th and 17th. or slowly head back to Mo via Colorado.. we left our options open for that portion of the trip.

Last edited:
Trainrech is out.. but i'm in don't forget i added @Chef from Columbia. prior to the trip i'll make sure he knows to follow you, I'll join in Kansas city or.. Chef and I will join you in KC or wait for you to pass us somewhere in Kansas.
So we running Kokopelli from MOab to Colorado?
Moab 10-13th checkout am, wheeling 13-15 (homeless), you coming back the 15th evening to the KOA or other - Sat 18th? or staying in colorado?
I have not decided which way we will run it depending on if we will do top of the world as a separate trail or not. Stay tuned. Yes I plan on going back to the Koa after that. Saturday I will try to make it as far as I can into Kansas

My 2013 Tacoma has a 2" lift, 267/75/16's; a good rear bumper, and an undercover hidden front winch.
No traction devices nor armor.
I'm for sure body damage averse.
So, if this is "drive it home and keep it pretty" grade trails, sounds like fun.
If I drive it home dented up, I'd rather not.
Super doubtful my 45 would be done for this

My 2013 Tacoma has a 2" lift, 267/75/16's; a good rear bumper, and an undercover hidden front winch.
No traction devices nor armor.
I'm for sure body damage averse.
So, if this is "drive it home and keep it pretty" grade trails, sounds like fun.
If I drive it home dented up, I'd rather not.
Super doubtful my 45 would be done for this
You have one of the best spotters in this group I have worked with. My previous rig was just like you described. I can’t guarantee you keep it pretty drive it home because I have not ran most of the trails we are going to. But my buddy has done them in a 2014 4Runner with 33’s and same lift. There are some trails I have in mind that will require more but we can divide the group to accommodate everyone.

Sorry for the confusion @SammyT96LX450. I will not be able to make this trip.

Ok Guys and Gals we will go ahead and close this out:
Here is the list of rigs that are interested please post up for sure you can make these dates and the proposed plan.

@BigRedOne75
@Taco16Jessy
@KC100series
@Robkc
@Chef
@tornadoalleycruiser
@milemarker60
@FZJ80 in KC
@rockstate45
@kc_chevota
@2fpower
@DEW1

The Dates:
May 9th - May 19th. I will be leaving Columbia on Thursday early and probably staying the first night somewhere in Colorado. Be in Moab on the 10th by 12:00 pm is my goal. I will be staying at the KOA Moab, Utah Campground | Moab KOA in Moab. They have trailer parking and also a 3 tent site is 54 dollhairs a day ( I was told this price may change next year). Pool/place/Dog Park/Hot Tub and a place to hang out. Since will be in our rigs all day it will be worth it. I encourage you to book as soon as you know you can go. There is also lots of primitive sites/cabins/VRBO's as well around Moab. If you need direction for primitive camping I have some local intel I can share as well.

The Plan:
Trails - Friday May 10th/Saturday May 11th/Sunday May 12th
Kokopelli trail Monday May 13th-Wednesday May 15th.
More trail Thursday May 16th and Friday May 17th
Head Back on Saturday May 18th/Sunday May 19th

I will get with my local contact to see what trails to run in Moab and we can decide as a group when we get there depending on weather and other conditions.
Okay, dates are solid? Book May 10, 11, 12 at KOA? What are typical nightly temps? Just thinking whether cabin (hot) or tent.

Okay, dates are solid? Book May 10, 11, 12 at KOA? What are typical nightly temps? Just thinking whether cabin (hot) or tent.
Average temperature in my is a high of 83 and a low of 50. It’s high desert so things cool off pretty quick. And yes on the koa. We will be back from the 3 day trip on the 15th and back at the koa through the 17th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom