Kokopelli Trail/Moab 2019 April-May (1 Viewer)

Dates

• April 20 - May 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 26 - May 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 3 - May 12

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry to hear you’re not going to make it and even more sorry you’re moving to our town...not sure our borders are open for the likes of you. Stacey’s cool though.

On a separate note, I’m bringing my Africa Twin out and I think I’ve got @1MAC on board to bring a two wheeler as well. Not sure how much they’ll be used but if any of u nut jobs have a bike it might be something to do on a side trip or something.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey gang I wanted to update this upcoming trip. It’s good news and “gooder” news. I spoke with my local contact in Colorado and we have most of the rides and trail options picked. From this point on @2fpower and @kc_chevota will assume the final planing roles. As of tonight I accepted a new position. So I will be moving to Kansas City in the next few months. In addition my training will be several months and will prevent me from going to moab this year however you guys/gals are in very good hands. If there any questions please post up. I’m excited to be closer to my off road family and join you guys on future adventures and also hopefully plan future overland trips. Cheers.
Wow buddy. Sad to not have you with us, but ecstatic to have you local, and congrats on the new gig! Family first always, so stoked for you!

Welcome to KC, Sammy! You should go house hunting with @CrowleyFJ40! I can point you guys to some nice areas close to me.
I'm definitely dragging a motorbike with us to Moab, so I can hop on and trail Connor in the 200.

Welcome to KC, Sammy! You should go house hunting with @CrowleyFJ40! I can point you guys to some nice areas close to me.
I'm definitely dragging a motorbike with us to Moab, so I can hop on and trail Connor in the 200.
Perfect I'll be in touch. I have to be within 30 minutes of Menorah Medical...but I'll call you once the time comes. Thanks in advance

@1994pd patrick has joined the maddness to fill the slot that Sammy made.

I’m excited to be making the trip. Now to get things ready...

We should get a new list together to confirm who all is part of the trip. I really hate to tell anyone no; however, there is a point where the group is too big and trips become frustrating for all. Looks like 12 rigs right now...

Please post if you can no longer make it.

@BigRedOne75
@Taco16Jessy
@KC100series
@Chef
@tornadoalleycruiser
@milemarker60
@1MAC
@FZJ80 in KC
@rockstate45
@kc_chevota
@2fpower
@DEW1

The Dates:
May 9th - May 19th
. I will be leaving Columbia on Thursday early and probably staying the first night somewhere in Colorado. Be in Moab on the 10th by 12:00 pm is my goal. I will be staying at the KOA Moab, Utah Campground | Moab KOA in Moab. They have trailer parking and also a 3 tent site is 54 dollhairs a day ( I was told this price may change next year). Pool/place/Dog Park/Hot Tub and a place to hang out. Since will be in our rigs all day it will be worth it. I encourage you to book as soon as you know you can go. There is also lots of primitive sites/cabins/VRBO's as well around Moab. If you need direction for primitive camping I have some local intel I can share as well.

The Plan:
Trails - Friday May 10th/Saturday May 11th/Sunday May 12th
Kokopelli trail Monday May 13th-Wednesday May 15th.
More trail Thursday May 16th and Friday May 17th
Head Back on Saturday May 18th/Sunday May 19th

Bump for an update.

I'm trying to do some planning on my end to get Syl's schedule to jive with the groups and having a little more information might help determine how we're going to plan this one. She won't be able to stay the whole time and that means either she and I leave early or she flies out early. At this point, she needs to be back no later than Thursday at 3 pm.

Does anybody plan on leaving early - say Wednesday?
Assuming we'll be wheeling the Kokopelli trail to Grand Junction, when do we plan on being there on Wednesday?
The second half of the week, where will we be spending our time? Should we be looking for dispersed camping or KOA in this area? I assume we will be Grand Junction and not head back to Moab.

@2fpower

Jack

I apologize for not logging on prior. My days were not approved for pto. I have zero seniority :/.

So I won't be able to make it.
sorry to hear you cant join us. Always a next time.

I apologize for not logging on prior. My days were not approved for pto. I have zero seniority :/.
So I won't be able to make it.
out tour guide would be kelly out at grand junction.... not sure if he is on mud or not. I can reach out to him for an outline plan.

@kelly saad looks like we have an opening if you are still interested.

Sweet! I could justify May 10th no problem, that's my birthday! Probably count me in, but if someone in your group wants my spot, then they can take it. I can fill a spot if there is one. I will be at Cruise Moab too. Thanks!!

Couple years ago, my 100 did not belong on Cliffhanger, but it handled it, I think. :confused:

Just realized we are going to have 3 Kelly guys on this trip....

Talked to Kelly (grand junction kelly) EDIT: there is a plan already... see below.

Last edited:
Ok Guys and Gals we will go ahead and close this out:
Here is the list of rigs that are interested please post up for sure you can make these dates and the proposed plan.

@BigRedOne75
@Taco16Jessy
@KC100series
@Robkc
@Chef
@tornadoalleycruiser
@milemarker60
@FZJ80 in KC
@rockstate45
@kc_chevota
@2fpower
@DEW1

The Dates:
May 9th - May 19th. I will be leaving Columbia on Thursday early and probably staying the first night somewhere in Colorado. Be in Moab on the 10th by 12:00 pm is my goal. I will be staying at the KOA Moab, Utah Campground | Moab KOA in Moab. They have trailer parking and also a 3 tent site is 54 dollhairs a day ( I was told this price may change next year). Pool/place/Dog Park/Hot Tub and a place to hang out. Since will be in our rigs all day it will be worth it. I encourage you to book as soon as you know you can go. There is also lots of primitive sites/cabins/VRBO's as well around Moab. If you need direction for primitive camping I have some local intel I can share as well.

The Plan:

I will get with my local contact to see what trails to run in Moab and we can decide as a group when we get there depending on weather and other conditions.

I thought the original plan was to run the trail west to east? Trailer to Moab and run trails for a couple of days and the. Run the Kokopelli in reverse early in the week. I’m good either way, but if we are changing I need to change my camping reservation.

I thought the original plan was to run the trail west to east? Trailer to Moab and run trails for a couple of days and the. Run the Kokopelli in reverse early in the week. I’m good either way, but if we are changing I need to change my camping reservation.

I was assuming the same but open to anything. Thought the plan was to get all the tow rigs to KOA then branch out from there.

The Dates:
May 9th - May 19th
. I will be leaving Columbia on Thursday early and probably staying the first night somewhere in Colorado. Be in Moab on the 10th by 12:00 pm is my goal. I will be staying at the KOA Moab, Utah Campground | Moab KOA in Moab. They have trailer parking and also a 3 tent site is 54 dollhairs a day ( I was told this price may change next year). Pool/place/Dog Park/Hot Tub and a place to hang out. Since will be in our rigs all day it will be worth it. I encourage you to book as soon as you know you can go. There is also lots of primitive sites/cabins/VRBO's as well around Moab. If you need direction for primitive camping I have some local intel I can share as well.

The Plan:

if there are changes in the dates i need to move my KOA reservations. if anything were to change perhaps we spend 4 days instead of 3 on the kokopelli trail and move he Wed 5/15 KOA reservation to a Thurs 5/16 reservation. My KOA reservations are 5/10, 5/11, 5/12 and again 5/15

KOA 5/10-5/13 then 5/15-5/18

Same sentiment. Whoever is the leader now please confirm the plans so all with reservations can make changes if still available to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom