Kokopelli Trail/Moab 2019 April-May (1 Viewer)

Dates

• April 20 - May 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 26 - May 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May 3 - May 12

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty sure yes thurs depart. Plan was to be in moab fri evening. I'd say as far into Kansas as one can get or the tip of Colorado. Best to do the mountains in daylight.

Maybe a pet friendly hotel off I70 this side of denver?

Pretty sure yes thurs depart. Plan was to be in moab fri evening. I'd say as far into Kansas as one can get or the tip of Colorado. Best to do the mountains in daylight.
Oh, I thought the plan was noon Friday in Moab. That would require decent miles on Thurs.

Maybe a pet friendly hotel off I70 this side of denver?

I do the denver drive often. You better know where your staying before you hit the road. The hotels along 170 west of salina all the way to denver sellout most nights. If you try and go till your tired you'll get left without a place to start or pay an crazy amount of money for a room.

Why I was dropping the hint now. I'll prob reserve a spot next week for @Chef Annie, Roo and myself. Not driving till were tired with two doggos and expecting to find a spot. We can always catch up or not on 70. Driven to moab too many times to expect an early arrival in a wheeling truck, towing? Yes but if I cant get the h55f in that would be a long haul

If the goal is Denver, then I could break with the group at Limon, stay with my sister in Monument, and catch up in Denver first thing Friday morning.

Sounds like we have a few different departure groups with different goals.

Syl and I would look to leave about 8:30 am. I'd like to get to Grand Junction where one of my friend's parents has a house. Per Google Maps, it's 12 hours and 37 minutes. I'm guessing that's realistically a good clip longer than that and mountain driving would be no fun.

That said, I'd rather make one big push (12-14 hours) than do two long days at 7-9 hours each. Anybody else interested in making that push?

For the record, I think as we can stay together in groups - at least 2-3 rigs - would be best.

Jack

I'm planning to drive straight through to grand junction. Not sure when yet. 13 hour drive. I will be driving truck and 35 foot trailer, so not pushing speed records, especially when I hit the mountains.

Dwayne is taking over my reservation so you guys might want to get hold of him for site info

As the time grows more near, is a slot most likely going to be there for me? Not a big deal, just want to kinda plan. I could probably just go last minute too, it’s only about 5 hours.

Mitch is awaiting when his finals are so no telling when we will be able to head out. We will monitor this page and jump in a group if able. We are driving the 100.

Who has the "roster" or can we make one of who's who, mud names, real names, driver and passenger names , dog names , truck year, color, type and ham call sign? I'll do it if everyone PM me this info. And an email address to share the Google doc

Last edited:
Who has the "roster" or can we make one of who's who, mud names, real names, driver and passenger names , dog names , truck year, color, type and ham call sign? I'll do it if everyone PM me this info. And an email address to share the Google doc
I emailed the TAC roster to you. I'll PM my info to you as well. Is there any reasonable way to have a list of who is bringing what, so we don't double up on some items, or do we just assume we're good to go among the group? For example, I don't have a lot of tools, but I will have recovery equipment, hand shovel, axe, hand saw, Superflow 12V air compressor and a spare (good) birfield. I thought about firewood but not sure it makes sense to haul from KS.

I too want to make as much progress as possible day one. Grand Junction it is.
Same here for the longer push to Grand Junction. I'm hoping my 5.3 is somewhat evenly matched with @1994pd 's 5.7 in tow mode...the hills may take me a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom