Scored 2007 LC w/174K AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2001LC

SILVER Star
Threads
I went and bought my 5th 100 series, fourth in 11 months.

Today while waiting on PO to bring (260 miles round trip) to me, for inspection & close, I was extremely excited. I was like a child on Christmas eve waiting to peak under the Christmas tree.

I've been working hard on acquiring this one for 2 months. This was/is a very complicated deal that title will take months to clear up, so I'm at risk. Most would have walked away and many did. Everyone said don't buy it, it's to risky, just walk away. But I'm a risk taker by trade, and have done my home work.

What is really cool, is I set a goal 12 months ago to buy high mileage 100 series to learn from and restore. With the ultimate goal to work my way up (trading) to a newer model with profits form sales once restored. This one fills the goal and them some. It's sooner and with a newer model the I'd hope to get too at this point in time. I love it when a plan comes together exceeding expectations.

It has 173K on odometer, just broken in.... LOL (last three had 215k, 267K & 299K on clock). No Rust. C/TR Black Garnet Pearl (3Q2) / Gary leather. Has DVD screens in both (I'm told) seat headrest. AHC. With decent maintenance records. Leather needs closer inspect but looked excellent as did carpet.

Mechanically it's appears an 8, after 60 minute visual inspect and drive, that I'll work to bring back to a 10. If weather holds I should have properly inspected in a week or so. It has some issues I found today, but nothing known at this point concerning to me, just parts and time for normal stuff.

I'll rebuild the front end (wheel bearing, drive shafts & boots) as needed and baseline all fluids. Steering feels good. Snow tires will need to go before I can properly listen to rolling drive train, but nothing jump out at me.

Cosmetically it's a 7 1/2 that I'll bring back to 9 ++ by detail interior and perfect the paint and minor body dings. I'll work to bring back to showroom fresh as best I can within reason this spring.

I'll post some better pictures when I clean it up and take some. For now here some photos PO provided me during due diligent period.
07 LC 171K $15.5 1.jpg
07 LC 171K $15.5 3.jpg
07 LC 171K $15.5 5.jpg

Index:

Oil Dip stick O-ring page #4 post # 64
Power steering flush Page #8 Post #141
Windshield molding Page #10 post #193

Last edited:
Congrats-

I bet Mike down at BIOR has a take off bumper that will match your truck.

Can't wait to see what you do with it. Does this mean you'll eventually sell your current 2001 DD?

Just great!

There goes your user name!

lol...

Nice score bro.

Nice buy! Looks in real good condition. what were the known issues?

Ooooh... nice score. And, the best color too ;)

Let's throw a little Garnet inspiration your way...
IMG_8581.jpg

Last edited:
I went and bought my 5th 100 series, fourth in 11 months.

Today while waiting on PO to bring the 260 miles round trip, to me, for inspection & close, I was extremely excited. I was like a child on Christmas eve waiting to peak under the Christmas tree.

I've been working hard on acquiring this one for 2 months. This was/is a very complicated deal that title will take months to clear up, so I'm at risk. Most would have walked away and many did. Everyone said don't buy it, it's to risky, just walk away. But I'm at risk taker by trade and have done my home work.

What is really cool, is I set a goal 12 months ago to buy high mileage 100 series to learn from and restore. With the ultimate goal to work my way up (trading) to a newer model with profits form sales once restored. This one fills the goal and them some. It sooner and with newer model the I'd hope to get too at this point in time. I love it when a plan comes together and exceed expectations.

It has 173K on odometer, just broken in.... LOL (last three had 215k, 267K & 299K on clock). No Rust. C/TR Black Gamet Pearl (3Q2) / Gary leather. Has DVD screens in both seat headrest. AHC. With decent maintenance records. Leather needs closer inspect but looked excellent as did carpet.

Mechanically it's appears an 8, after 60 minute visual inspect and drive, that I'll work to bring back to a 10. If weather holds I should have properly inspected in a week or so. It has some issues I found today, but nothing known at this point concerning to me, just parts and time for normal stuff.

I'll rebuild the front end (wheel bearing, drive shafts & boots) as needed and baseline all fluids. Steering feels good. Snow tires will need to go before I can properly listen to rolling drive train, but nothing jump out at me.

Cosmetically it's a 7 1/2 that I'll bring back to 9 ++ by detail interior and perfect the paint and minor body dings. I'll work to bring back to showroom fresh as best I can within reason this spring.

I'll post some better pictures when I clean it up and take some. For now here some photos PO provided me during due diligent period.
View attachment 1393202 View attachment 1393203 View attachment 1393204 View attachment 1393205

I love your Positive Attitude. This is exactly what I have done and am pretty confident I have one of the best LX470s in Australia. It's worth it.

Unfortunately I've pissed off a few people because I listed it for sale then withdrew it, because it's just too good. Although now i'm seriously empty in the wallet and out of work since an interstate move to a small town. Which I'm thinking may have been a bad decision, but Damn it I have the nicest UZJ100 for miles so temporary broke-ness is fine.

Congrats-

I've got some rock rash on my bumpers from a trail run last October and had never thought to check with shops for take offs. I was planning to just live with it until I got cash for real bumpers but thats a great thought. Thanks for the tip. (I need pearl white...)

Let's throw a little Garnet inspiration your way...
IMG_8581.jpg
Sure is shiney- one of my more favorite colors- looks good Mark.

Congrats-

Thanks. Good Idea I'll check with Mike. Hope a local member will have one, taking up space in garage after build, that he'd be willing to part with.

Can't wait to see what you do with it. Does this mean you'll eventually sell your current 2001 DD?
Plan is, stock showroom look & ready to drive coast to coast as usual. Sell the 01 would be like selling my first born, but for the right price! uh well...

Man! That's a lot of LC's. Good luck!
Two (99 & 00) were bought just because I was looking for parts for the 01LX. Workout really well in the wallet, paying for this one.

Just great!

There goes your user name!

lol...

Nice score bro.
It is great, THX. Oh darn didn't think of that..... LOL I'll need to keep the King (2001LC) for that reason if no other!.

Nice buy! Looks in real good condition. what were the known issues?
Well I was in hurry, but so far:
Both 1/4 panel and roof above windshield have minor dings & scratches.
Rear bumper need replacing.
Paint to dirty to get clear picture of condition. Should buff out nicely.
Chrome around shift on console bubbling. Indicates spillage.
At least on one interior door panel minor damage.
Speaker covers fraying.
Leather and carpet need good cleaning and condition.
Floor mat stays missing.
Back up camera giving unusable view.
Both outboard CV boots seeping at small inboard clamp. Not much grease slung and color is black. Tighten bands or rebooting ??
Indication from pre inspection DD wheel bearing service need (there always set up wrong) Boots may be clue of bearing chatter.
Oil seen on lower oil pan DS gasket area. May be pan, from spillage during filling, head covers gaskets, oil pump or filter
Oil seen on transmission on pan gasket DS. May be from same sources ^^
Both oil drain & oil filter cover plates missing.
#2 under shield cracked.
All six lube points a little on dry side, with very little grease build up from slung off grease on frame and such.
Slight idle oscillation. Minor tune most likely.

Alignment felt just a little funny and tires have inner wear.
A very lite & interment scarping sound while rolling.
Snow tires need to go so I can feel and hear. So no clue yet on the above other the snow tires may make feel off.

TPMS light on, PO stated RH rear wheel TPMS sensor out.

Cabin fan came on what seem early during warm up. Will need to watch more closely and check coolant level.

So far I'd say the best condition out of the four in last 11 months.
004.JPG

015.JPG

014.JPG

Dude, you're an animal. Can't see how this one turns out.
I am aren't I..LOL. I'm excited myself too see how it turns out.

Let throw a little Garnet inspiration your way...
IMG_8581.jpg
You are my inspiration. I told my girl friend; I didn't even like the color until I saw yours and @landylover21 's last year. With you and @landylover21 guidance, I produced a beautiful finish on the WhiteLady (01LX) that went to a needy family. It was my first detail & perfection job.
1 (6) 2.JPG

I love your Positive Attitude. This is exactly what I have done and am pretty confident I have one of the best LX470s in Australia. It's worth it.

Unfortunately I've pissed off a few people because I listed it for sale then withdrew it, because it's just too good. Although now i'm seriously empty in the wallet and out of work since an interstate move to a small town. Which I'm thinking may have been a bad decision, but Damn it I have the nicest UZJ100 for miles so temporary broke-ness is fine.
Seem to be a few of us around restore and collecting. I'll tell you, I really struggled with listing the Golden pearl white 01LX w/215K. Had it not sold in 5 minutes of listing the ad, at twice KBB, I'd still have it. It was mechanically a and cosmetically a 9 1/2 out of 10.
1 (2).JPG
Body trim polishing & correcting compounds

Last edited:
Nice find!

Now wait a minute... Don't I remember that you are/were one of those never nav/5spd/VVTI types? :)

I say the more the merrier.

I love the color too!!!

Nice Cruiser! I was the guy that happened through your neighborhood and saw your White LX a couple months ago prior to you having it ready to sell. I ended up getting an 04' Cruiser with 170k miles!

Nice find!

Now wait a minute... Don't I remember that you are/were one of those never nav/5spd/VVTI types? :)
Thanks.

You got me there. But to be clear I never said "never" I just felt and still do the 01 (00-02) model is possible the most reliable 100 series built. With less maintenance cost, but I like all years.

Here is my feeling on issues of 03+:

First; the more toys the more repairs.

NAV on this 07 looks cool and I can see with Maui Jims on, should be fun. The rear camera is nice or will be when fixed. But with any NAV it just one more very expensive repair if (reports in mud indicate is not often) it goes out. But I noticed it does have blue tooth, very cool if it works. I still prefer the simplicity of the three dial in my 01LC. But could become addicted to the toys and cool factor of the 07 NAV. But understand me; I would never sell the 07 if it was a no NAV. That would trump everything.

The 5 spd in 03 was trouble free and has dip stick, I like those. Dip stick makes monitoring and flushing ATF fluid a snap, something I'm big on. 04 and early 05 have low speed shutter issue due to the vent tube allowing moisture in IIRC. Later the issues was corrected, but still lack dip stick. So pre on 04 is still my favorite, but I'm sure I'll love this one.

VVTI is without a doubt an interference engine. The likelyhood of break when properly serviced is minimal but still the non VVTi will not cost you and engine 9 out of 10 times.

The smog pump introduced in 06 seem to have issues (work around has been found in mud). This seemed to be reported more in the 06 than 07. This could be because there aren't many 07 in the USA or could be it was corrected at some point by Toyota IDK.

We're seeing CAT issues on the 06. That mystery has yet to be solved.

In 03+ Mr-T moved the charcoal canister. I've always top off fuel with a double squeeze. I'll need to stop doing that in the 07, or risk damage and or vapor lock.

But really all years have + & -, and now I need to learn the 07.

I'll need the FSM for 07, and too read yet one more model years OM on those colds winter days I can't be work on it.

I say the more the merrier.

I love the color too!!!
If I can get near @Manhattan & @landylover21 level of perfection, then I'll love it to.
Nice Cruiser! I was the guy that happened through your neighborhood and saw your White LX a couple months ago prior to you having it ready to sell. I ended up getting an 04' Cruiser with 170k miles!
I remember you, congratulations on your search.

Funny It turns out the LH front tire only had 10 PSI when you drove it. It must have felt funny to you, sorry. It really turn out sweet when I got it done. I hope your 04 is even better. If you every need some help on it stop on by. You should still have my number.

Last edited:
If it weren't winter, you could count the leaves in that reflection! That looks incredible. I Can't wait to see how the '07 turns out.
1-6-2-jpg.1393411

@hoser, There seems to be many of us with this Illness, and I predicted a pandemic as spring approaches. So lock up your 100 series to be safe....LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom