I installed Slee Offroad LX570 sliders, here's how it went (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you for your notes and tips. This thread and grinchy were very helpful. I just installed my sliders yesterday and it went well. The instructions were much improved and clear. The only tips I would add are to install the led light brackets last, they get int the way. Also, your run taps through the welded bolts on the step to clean up power coat overspray as your first, much harder to do once they are mounted.
View attachment 2179936

Looks awesome! How long were you on the wait list?

Thank you for your notes and tips. This thread and grinchy's were very helpful. I just installed my sliders yesterday and it went well. The instructions were much improved and clear. The only tips I would add are to install the led light brackets last, they get in the way. Also, run taps through the welded bolts on the step to clean up power coat overspray as your first step, it's much harder to do once they are mounted.
View attachment 2179936
Do you have a close up of the full on side shot of the slider to show spacing? I had mine on a jack with all hardware loosened and could not get the slider to go up anymore.
Also, how is the positioning of the slider front to back? I tried to get it to slide all the way forward but it seemed to be centered on the horizontal slots used for hanging the slider and all the holes lined up but it seemed like it should be able to go more towards the front of the truck?

Do you have a close up of the full on side shot of the slider to show spacing? I had mine on a jack with all hardware loosened and could not get the slider to go up anymore.
Also, how is the positioning of the slider front to back? I tried to get it to slide all the way forward but it seemed to be centered on the horizontal slots used for hanging the slider and all the holes lined up but it seemed like it should be able to go more towards the front of the truck?
I didn't notice at first but you're correct, it isn't centered front to back and there are no adjustment options. I'm okay with it as the step is functional where one would need to step.
IMG_20200111_164553.jpg
IMG_20200115_084554.jpg
IMG_20200115_084603.jpg

The sliders are as high as I could get them. The gap is about 3/4 of an inch to the metal body.

IMG_20200115_084734.jpg

I didn't notice at first but you're correct, it isn't centered front to back and there are no adjustment options. I'm okay with it as the step is functional where one would need to step.
View attachment 2183608View attachment 2183610 View attachment 2183609

The sliders are as high as I could get them. The gap is about 3/4 of an inch to the metal body.

View attachment 2183614

Mine are basically the same as this. They are designed to be centered between a regular land cruiser rocker panel.

I used a jack to try and get the slider as close to the body as possible and had the same gap, so I am assuming that is the way it is supposed to be with the 'new' style slider. I believe @tbisaacs was the previous revision based on the SLEE logo cutout being on the treadplate vs the body of the slider and also the location (rear on the slider I have, front on his).

60075041186__013E45E1-A33C-4FD4-B7AF-74378E152960.JPG

I
Mine are basically the same as this. They are designed to be centered between a regular land cruiser rocker panel.
I just noticed that too. It fits and looks good with the land cruiser rocker panel. The first picture here kind of shows that.

Overall, I am really happy with the quality, fit, and form of the sliders. I am curious how the AHC protective plates will mount up to the sliders and I believe I am on the list for those when they're available. (Emailing Slee now to confirm)

I'm now curious how this will match up with my Bud armor, looks like maybe two new holes through the Bud up front, two middle rear. Although hard to say.

Overall, I am really happy with the quality, fit, and form of the sliders. I am curious how the AHC protective plates will mount up to the sliders and I believe I am on the list for those when they're available. (Emailing Slee now to confirm)
Any word from Slee? I'm waiting for the same.

Got an email from Christo today and placed my order right away for LX sliders and skids. ETA 2-3 weeks. Pre-ordered 8/6/19.

Their rear bumper is tempting since they have it in stock but, $4,500 shipped...
I really want the bumper but 🤑

Just placed my order. Signed up on Dec 23. Should be shipping in about 2 weeks. He said they are nearly caught up on the list. This was the third order. 20 units for about 35 on the list. 4th order and they will be in stock and shipped as ordered.

I sent an email to get on the list for the AHC skids. I wonder when they'll be available. I haven't gotten a response yet.

Emailed to get on the waiting list on Dec 24, got the email this week and was able to call Christo today. Should be shipping within a couple weeks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom