I installed Slee Offroad LX570 sliders, here's how it went (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I got a quote from Slee on the full install including Labor, light kit, rocker panels etc. I'm about 15 min. away from Slee. The only other thing I would possibly do is get the rocker panels painted to match my Claret Mica - burgundy color but I think the black would be fine. $625 Labor definitely seems reasonable, about 4 hours of their time. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, before my LX I had a Jeep GC and the extent of my DIY experience is oil changes, plugs, rotors & pads, shocks and springs to give it a 1" lift so I'm not sure I have the skills to do anywhere near as good as a job as Slee could do in probably a 1/4 of the time it would take me. If anyone in the Denver area has done the install would be willing to show me how and I could $ you for your time too that would be great.

Slee_Sliders_Est_ScreenShot.png

Nowhere near you but I would bet you the price of install you can handle it. It’s as easy as a brake job. Just spend that money on land cruiser rocker panels instead of paying a shop and then it’s absolutely a bolt on affair

We would pay Slee to do it if we had to do it again. It was a pain in the butt! The price they charge in labor is worth it. The instructions weren’t that intuitive. We bought the rocker panels from Groove Toyota but didn’t need to buy any extra clips for our 2013 LX570.

If it weren’t for the KDSS, I’d have iNstalled mine myself. But that is not something you want to tear up. Budbuilt spent about 4 hours on my install, 2 guys, so what you were quoted is reasonable.

Wow.......my installer charged me $250 for the 4.5 hour install.......they underestimated the difficulty of installing ARB Summit on my LC.....i thought that the price was fair.....but now seeing this, it's a bargain install cost!

I had Ben at Dissent do my install since he was already doing some other work for me. It was comparable to your quote minus the rocker panels. We decided to just chop the LX rockers. If it didn't work there was no big loss since I would have just used LCs anyways. I thought it was worth a try. Seems fine to me:

IMG_0900.jpeg

Thanks for this thread. I installed mine yesterday and this thread was very helpful.

Deleted - posted in wrong thread

Last edited:
We would pay Slee to do it if we had to do it again. It was a pain in the butt! The price they charge in labor is worth it. The instructions weren’t that intuitive. We bought the rocker panels from Groove Toyota but didn’t need to buy any extra clips for our 2013 LX570.
That is what I was thinking, a pain and kind of out of my skill zone. I have an appointment with SLEE next month to install mine.

Finally (after a couple reschedules on my end) got my Sliders installed by Slee. It's a pretty big job, I was there most of the day. Thankfully that have a super comfortable waiting lounge and great WiFi. Everyone was very friendly and their shop is pretty impressive.
IMG_20201104_163150633_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201104_163202435_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201104_163212076_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201104_163227476_HDR.jpg

I didn't opt for replacement rocker panels, I think it looks fine with the cut panels.

Hi, Perhaps impossible question - do you think the LX/AHC sliders here will fit a LC/AHC? I note from the thread that on the LX they are not equal forward/back due to being designed for LC rocker panels? I'm in Scotland, and was hoping someone else may have tried this before I look at buying and shipping over the pond. Appreciate any info - cheers :)

Hi, Perhaps impossible question - do you think the LX/AHC sliders here will fit a LC/AHC? I note from the thread that on the LX they are not equal forward/back due to being designed for LC rocker panels? I'm in Scotland, and was hoping someone else may have tried this before I look at buying and shipping over the pond. Appreciate any info - cheers :)
I would contact Slee directly.

Finally (after a couple reschedules on my end) got my Sliders installed by Slee. It's a pretty big job, I was there most of the day. Thankfully that have a super comfortable waiting lounge and great WiFi. Everyone was very friendly and their shop is pretty impressive. View attachment 2486871View attachment 2486872View attachment 2486873View attachment 2486874

I didn't opt for replacement rocker panels, I think it looks fine with the cut panels.

Why didn’t you cut the front rocker panel higher? I like the look...but if you hit a rock ledge just behind the front mudguard, then you are gonna have damage?

Post a picture of your LC, particularly the steps.

I believe most international LCs fitted with AHC, utilize the same steps that the LX uses in the US. Meaning it uses the integral step that needs cutting.

95% sure the steps would work in your application. You'll just need to note to Slee which fitment kit you need as they'll include a different number of rivnuts/candycane nuts/bolts - either the LX or LC. I believe you would likely need the LX kit as you have AHC.

Last edited:
Ah, you have the LC rocker panel with non integrated step.

If you indeed have the AHC system behind that, you'll still need the LX install kit. It should look great without needing to cut anything.

Did everyone just trash the OEM AHC bars after the install?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom