Howdy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm new here, just picked up my first 1976 FJ40! This is my first project like this and I'm excited to get started! I've been lurking these forums for weeks, such an amazing resource.

As excited as I am to start, I don't even know where to begin. Well, I guess the first thing is the seat bracket extension I ordered so I can fit in the thing but from there I guess I'll figure it out as I go.

Here are some pictures:

s-l1600 (22).jpg
s-l1600 (21).jpg
s-l1600 (20).jpg
s-l1600 (11).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg

Welcome to Mud! Looks like you've got a decent (if not wholly traditional) rig to start with. Have fun with it.

The back emblems have been bothering me, they are in the wrong order aren't they? And that red isn't OEM is it? I assume this has been repainted but I don't know for sure.
s-l1600 (4).jpg

Looks nice from the pictures. Enjoy the ride and welcome to MUD.

Just putting it out there you mentioned perfering OEM, there’s a lot there that is not OEM... but that also isn’t a bad thing...

Just putting it out there you mentioned perfering OEM, there’s a lot there that is not OEM... but that also isn’t a bad thing...
Definitely, I'm sure there is a lot more non oem than I've noticed so far. I was referring to the emblems specifically on that, I just think oem looks nicer than the black/red mine is. I do want to keep it OEM-ish but there will be aftermarket for sure.

And that red isn't OEM is it? I assume this has been repainted but I don't know for sure.

There is no color anywhere on your truck that is factory original (except maybe the frame is still black?). :oops: Some previous owner has gone to great lengths to paint pretty much everything. Like most of us, you will probably come to cuss the PO sooner or later.

There is no color anywhere on your truck that is factory original (except maybe the frame is still black?). :oops: Some previous owner has gone to great lengths to paint pretty much everything. Like most of us, you will probably come to cuss the PO sooner or later.

But I hope not... it looks good at least... some of us are just purists... lol. And we have had our share of “surprises”. Lol

lol, yeah I'm sure. I suspected it was repainted, the badge location (and wheels) is the first thing that made me suspicious. That's fine though, I'm just having fun with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom