Dissent offroad modular rear bumper. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^ That's pretty sweet..!!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Thanks Neil and Katie for the use of your bikes and racks for prototype!
It was great seeing you angain and hanging out today during install!
Hope it works out well for you.

Here it is all mounted up with bikes and the 1up bike rack!
Turned out great!

That rack up high like that is awesome. Got anything that fits a 4x4labs swingout ;) for my rig.
Thanks!
Actually considering making a bracket so my accessories can mount to the 4x4labs bumper.
There are a lot of 80s out there with 4x4labs bumpers that may be interested!

The flat carrier for an ice chest is nice. It would be cool to have a version that is the more traditional basket for fuel/water that could be flipped upside down to provide a low profile side (like above) when using for an ice chest or as a table-top for BBQ or stove.

Anyway- love your creativity! Can't wait to get mine installed.

Tom

Ben installed my bumpers a couple weeks back. He is a super nice dude, very accommodating to our traveling schedule. I just felt bad that he had to get a taste of what the rust belt is all about.

Here are a couple pics from our trip. I was traveling with my 6 month pregnant wife so no real off roading, though we did the Dale Road in Joshua tree and after talking to some locals they mentioned it is tore up a lot more than usual. There was one diagonal wash that the bumpers made much smoother. I'll try and see if I can get a shot from my go pro of it.

View attachment 1440843

View attachment 1440844

I love the way your rig looks. Are those the 18" Toyota rims? What size tire? No lift I'm guessing?

Realized I never posted pics of the bumpers Ben installed for me in December, so far 100% satisfaction and can't wait to show them off next month at 100s in the hills :)

U6ruDYB.jpg

Mkx41cb.jpg

V2XrpRX.jpg

eiOrQnu.jpg

Thanks!
Actually considering making a bracket so my accessories can mount to the 4x4labs bumper.
There are a lot of 80s out there with 4x4labs bumpers that may be interested!
And a couple of 70's too. ;) Let me know if you need measurements.

@benc that swing out for the bike rack is perfect! Hoping I get a raise in the next few months to put towards some of your fine weld lines!
Thanks!
Let me know when your ready.

And a couple of 70's too. ;) Let me know if you need measurements.
The nice thing about the 4x4 labs bumper is I believe the bolt pattern on all of his swing arms are the same so anything I make for the 4x4 labs bumper should fit on any model, the 70 series may require a smaller tray though as it is much narrower than the 100.

Has anyone mounted back up lights into the bumper? Any photos or ideas would be helpful and appreciated!

@benc any thoughts on how much weight that might hold on the bike rack? Looks like you tested it with 2 fairly light hard tails. Do you think it would hold 2, heavier, full suspension bikes? Would it hold 4 bikes?

@benc any thoughts on how much weight that might hold on the bike rack? Looks like you tested it with 2 fairly light hard tails. Do you think it would hold 2, heavier, full suspension bikes? Would it hold 4 bikes?

I think we still need to do more testing before max load is completely known. Two bikes while driving on the road are no big deal. I did drive off road (bumpy fire road) and the amount of sway was normal. I plan to use a tension strap from the rack to my roof rack for very rough or extended offroad riding.

I don't think four bikes is a good idea. The weight isn't as big a deal but the extra leverage is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom