GX rear door cutting board/kitchen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stance.com
I have seen some awesome rear cutting board/cutlery set ups on the various builds but was wondering who else out there has done the same? Would love to compile a little thread with images and lessons learned as I am about to do the same for the back of mine. Post up some pics of your GX rear kitchen set up!

I have this sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. So many projects + one 3 year old = FAIL
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/camping-gear/chairs-tables/drop-down-table-mk11.html
tbra027-2.jpg

I guess someone on the GXOR Facebook Group beat me to the install but has the same brilliant idea as me. :idea:

I like the concept of the FrontRunner model but I'd prefer the vertical space to be open so you could put cutlery there, similar to Adventure Driven's setup.

I like the concept of the FrontRunner model but I'd prefer the vertical space to be open so you could put cutlery there, similar to Adventure Driven's setup.

I agree. The front runner set up is very cool, however, the way the cutlery was stored on the ADVDRVN set up was really slick.

95d1cef2af40eb9eb3d1f9efffecaeb5.png

Anyone else out there using a similar or unique set up on the back gate?

I agree. The front runner set up is very cool, however, the way the cutlery was stored on the ADVDRVN set up was really slick.

95d1cef2af40eb9eb3d1f9efffecaeb5.png

Anyone else out there using a similar or unique set up on the back gate?

Since it's not visibly obvious, does anyone know how the board was kept in place when in transit?

I have this sitting in my garage waiting to be installed. So many projects + one 3 year old = FAIL
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/camping-gear/chairs-tables/drop-down-table-mk11.html
tbra027-2.jpg

I guess someone on the GXOR Facebook Group beat me to the install but has the same brilliant idea as me. :idea:

Looks like there's some empty interior space when folded (wood drawer sits under that bottom metal piece) - might be able to attach/stow cutlery inside and away from prying eyes. The FrontRunner table is currently out of stock :(....

Last edited:
Since it's not visibly obvious, does anyone know how the board was kept in place when in transit?

I was looking at that as well. Couldn't figure it out from photos. I am thinking out either using a piece of HDPE for the cutting board as I just feel it's safer/cleaner than bamboo or wood (especially with meat). My thought was to take and flush mount some small magnets and then another set on the door so that it would stay up when needed and then could be popped down when needed as well.

Could you cut out a small section of the back door plastic to allow for mounting more securely to the door? it looks like the back section has some pre drilled mounting holes.

My plan to install the Front Runner fold down table is to make holes in the plastic where I plan to mount it. Then secure it to the sheet metal behind the plastic with NutCerts.

I'll have a swingout on the other side of the door. I'm thinking if there is a clean way to mount the frontrunner table on the swingout instead.

My plan to install the Front Runner fold down table is to make holes in the plastic where I plan to mount it. Then secure it to the sheet metal behind the plastic with NutCerts.

Get after it!! You officially have an expectant audience interested in learning how this goes :).

I'll have a swingout on the other side of the door. I'm thinking if there is a clean way to mount the frontrunner table on the swingout instead.

That might be tough to get all four corners mounted on a swing out. But three shouldn't be too bad.

Get after it!! You officially have an expectant audience interested in learning how this goes :).

Tell me about it! I have a huge list of items to get done on the truck before my MOAB trip in March. I am going to start booking some wrenching time on the wifey's calendar. :p

I am preparing to do mine as well. Waiting to find a sheet of stainless steel on Craigslist. I’d rather not use wood. Stainless is much more sanitary

I'd prefer it recessed into the cubby so the whole door's surface is flush (for packing), and ultimately that makes a relatively small cutting board/table surface, but good enough for snacks and coffees.
Those front runner setups ARE über sweet though!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom