For Sale GAUGING INTEREST: FJ25 and early FJ40 FHT window hardware (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

scoobiedubes

SILVER Star
Threads
A few of us with early FHTs are wondering what kind of demand there might be for reproducing the typically broken or missing window hardware. I got one of them on loan and sent it off to Angelo aka @thecrazygreek and he got all the dimensions into CAD, but its not going to be a cheap part to reproduce if only a few of us need them. The more of us that need them, the better obviously.

So, this is not a group buy post (at least not quite yet), just trying to figure out if its economically feasible I guess. Please reply if you're in for a set (or more than a set). If we get quite a few interested, I can post a poll (I think?) to see what everybody's willing to spend for a set and go from there. Just don't expect anything soon! These things always take quite a while.

(PS we need a "gauging interest" prefix for these classifieds threads_

6A38F40D-8937-4FC8-9B23-D8CC2B68B6AB.jpeg

CA0C1CB9-60F3-41C8-8E03-F1DDF71405ED.jpeg

F85305E2-DCC4-4420-BCAE-7349C205DD57.jpeg

A few of us with early FHTs are wondering what kind of demand there might be for reproducing the typically broken or missing window hardware. I got one of them on loan and sent it off to Angelo aka @thecrazygreek and he got all the dimensions into CAD, but its not going to be a cheap part to reproduce if only a few of us need them. The more of us that need them, the better obviously.

So, this is not a group buy post (at least not quite yet), just trying to figure out if its economically feasible I guess. Please reply if you're in for a set (or more than a set). If we get quite a few interested, I can post a poll (I think?) to see what everybody's willing to spend for a set and go from there. Just don't expect anything soon! These things always take quite a while.

(PS we need a "gauging interest" prefix for these classifieds threads_

View attachment 2873499

View attachment 2873500

View attachment 2873501
Yep … I’m definitely interested and may be up for buying a couple of sets.

I think I found someone that can make them but I probably have to have them make 10-12 sets to make it worth their while, and they'd be probably in the $500 range per pair. They're more complicated than I realized at first glance. @Splangy @Indygbd @tahoe40/45 @FishDoctor @swamp-thing let me know if you'd still be in at that price point and I'll see if I can get that project off and running.

Any leftovers I have I'll put on ebay.

Last edited:
I think I found someone that can make them but I probably have to have them make 10-12 sets to make it worth their while, and they'd be probably in the $500 range per pair. They're more complicated than I realized at first glance. @Splangy @Indygbd @tahoe40/45 @FishDoctor @swamp-thing let me know if you'd still be in at that price point and I'll see if I can get that project off and running.

Any leftovers I have I'll put on ebay.
Hopefully they will come in a bit less. I’m in

Can I got them Cad files? I got a shop that can make them. And with my set they say they could.

Can I got them Cad files? I got a shop that can make them. And with my set they say they could.
Hey there. What file format do you need them in?

I will send them over.

Wh
At kind of format would help them load it up and use in cad?
I can provide:
  • X_T or X_B
  • STEP
  • 3MF
  • IGES
  • OBJ
  • STL
  • SHAPR
  • USDZ

Hard to get these guys to even take you seriously. How do they even get any biz.
Noone wants to sit and talk numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom