FJ60 replacement power steering pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

More good news/bad news...

The part sounds great from the self-lubricating perspective. She was trying to get a product spec PDF for me, but hasn't found yet.

This piece is made-to-order, and the PO min would be QTY 50, w/ ~ a 4 week lead time.

If this is the right piece, it sounds like it could help out a lot of 60 & late-40 owners, so I would be willing to coordinate a group buy.

Before ordering the minimum 50, I think I better press out my old bushings and make sure the dimensions are correct. If need be, I may be able to order other sizes.

I can work on this in the coming weeks, or if anyone has already pressed their bushings out and wants to send to me, I will look at those.

New pump installed, desmog complete. Seems to run better definitely turns better.

My only loose end is this thing. I don't know what it is and can't remember where the vacuum line was connected. Can anyone coach me on this?

I got to play with my spare PS pump a little today after work.
No pictures, but it appears that the bushings in the pump are 18mm tall. So 25mm would need to be cut down. I am going to see if I can get any that are this dimension.

Also hoping I can press out the old bushing today after work and get a careful measurement.

I thought cruise control to but there is no other hardware in the interior. The other end connect to the throttle via a small chain. It has a vacuum line that was connected before I started the desmog. Thanks for the reply.

no need to hook it up, plug the vac line. Pretty sure it was CC if it hooked to the throttle

I thought cruise control to but there is no other hardware in the interior. The other end connect to the throttle via a small chain. It has a vacuum line that was connected before I started the desmog. Thanks for the reply.

It's definitely a cruise control module. I found the part on a hilux/ 4Runner forum. Funny thing is it is connected electrically. I assume it was use constant vacuum source so I connected it to the intake manifold fitting. Now I need to trace it all out because I definitely can't find the button that operates it in or around the dash.

I'd be interested in two of these bushings if a group buy is coordinated…

Great, I cracked the pump apart, and should be able to get the pieces to a press tomorrow. I hope it will not be much trouble to press the front bushing out.
Pressing the rear bushing out looks like it will require the removal of the little freeze plug on the back of the pump. Has anyone found a replacement for that?

Sorry, can't help with the plug, but I will take a set if we can get this done. Thanks for looking into this.

Subscribed.

John

We pressed the old bushing out. It did not take much force. The bushing definitely had play on the shaft.
First the wear on the old bushings and a detail of the grooves for lubrication:

10-08-15 044.jpg
10-08-15 045.jpg

My old pump is in pieces in my scrap metal bin. I couldn't get the springs and shoes back together and got tired of messing with it. If the pieces are helpful to someone you can have them if you wan to pay the shipping. I think the pumps problem was the front seal. All the internals look good with no bluing.

My friend was kind enough to take the time to press my replacement bushing in and turn it down on his lathe. I was just going to use a pipe cutter and trim it myself once I got the old bushing out.
The bummer is that the ID of my hoped for replacement bushing is a little too snug. The shaft does not slide in. Darn...

10-08-15 049.jpg
10-08-15 054.jpg
10-08-15 055.jpg
10-08-15 056.jpg
10-08-15 057.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom