FJ60 License Lamp Assembly Logo (3d Print) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Anyone have any interest or need in a replacement logo for the FJ60 license lamp assembly? Mine was turned into a plastic ball by a chrome stripper (not the one on a pole) and led me to this point. I had a local prototype shop CAD a printable format but hey have a $ minimum to print it in high res that equals out to 4 logos. I can use two. Anyone else? Their minimum is 300$. That would make each piece 75$ printed in SLS Nylon.

FullSizeRender-2.jpg

licenselight.jpg

Last edited:
I have two that need the badges. One has been modified to recieve a backup camera and both have been powder coated so I'm invested in what I have. However, my total investment would not equal the price of the new unit .

Last edited:
Great job! It's always great to have options when refurbishing parts.

Printed SLS is going to look like ass compared to the original. Maybe OK in matte black, but otherwise expect to do a LOT of detail sanding and filling. Their version of the TOYOTA lettermark looks pretty amateur.

You'd be better off with the letters embossed lightly instead of raised. Then you can sand across the entire surface and fill the letters with paint or epoxy, rather than trying to detail around them. Also have them use a real font.

You'd be better off with the letters embossed lightly instead of raised. Then you can sand across the entire surface and fill the letters with paint or epoxy, rather than trying to detail around them. Also have them use a real font.

I agree with Super77 about the font, the "O" in the TOYOTA looks off in the CAD drawing, they are skinnier than the rest of the letters. I use the free/student version of AutoDesk Inventor to draw files to 3D print. That program isn't too tough to learn, especially if you watch a couple online tutorials. If you wanted to be able to draw and edit files yourself so that you could make sure everything was exactly how you want.

...or, for under $40, you could get your letters here or here and stick them to a smooth-finished 3D printed part, painted black. That would give you the raised chrome-finish letters of the original.

I had the lettering revised. It looks better now and I Should have a printed version this week. Also getting IGES file for a CNC version.

I had an ABS version printed first to make sure the design and fitment were going to work. The letters on the original part from Toyota were not symmetrical. I had them more "equally spaced" and doubled the height of the letter itself on the face of the emblem. I should have the higher resolution nylon print outs by the end of the month.

Even in the low res ABS, this part could be usable with a little hand work.

IMG_5630.JPG

J,

I like it. So how do you plan to affix it? VHB tape, epoxy or...

I just order a few sets of laser cut LAND CRUISER and TOYOTA letters for misc future products out of mild steel.

You should take the D-pillar and fender vent to them to prototype.

J

Yes the plastic pieces will only be around so long... i bought new ones a couple years ago, but the rear vents already look like crap.

Yes the plastic pieces will only be around so long... i bought new ones a couple years ago, but the rear vents already look like crap.

I thought about sending everything I could think of to a casting company in Denver, but 1000 piece orders per item are hard to swallow.

J

I'll probably use a combination of panel bonding and self tapping screws in the back. I had them include a variation of the OEM attachment points That are 5mmx5mm with a hole in the center.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom