FJ60/FJ62 Heavy Duty Battery Cable Sets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reporting back as promised. Voltage runs about 1V higher on both the dash gauge and an aftermarket voltmeter. Starts have a little more audible “oomph”.

Here are some additional items I used:

1. New boot for the positive cable at the starter. The old boot wouldn’t fit over the new thicker gauge cable. I could have made a slit and zip tied it, but wanted something new and re. It did require a slight trim to fit over the attachment nut. Fastronix part number 404-110
99B32F4F-7E5B-495C-B5B9-2500D63851A8.jpeg

2. Covers for the mil-spec battery terminals. It’s kind of a tight squeeze fitting all the cables through the inlet passage, but some tugging and wiggling did the job. Alternatively I could have cut a slit and zip-tied. Fastronix part number 404-101
9FC2FE8E-7CE8-4C4E-8B03-C260E321DAE9.jpeg

Both items could probably be had from a different manufacturer through Amazon, but I’m not really an Amazon guy. I picked these up at a local hot rod shop - I bet “tuner” shops might have them too, or could at least order something similar.

Installed on the F62 rig and will repeat what others have said. Super solid construction. Will also say almost all the speedo bounce is now gone.

@Fourrunner I just sent you an email regarding an FZJ80 kit

@Fourrunner

I feel like we PMd about this, but what’s the story on alternator cables? Too difficult to bypass since they go into a wiring harness? Limited by the quick connector on the back? I’m looking at maybe getting my alternator rewound for better current delivery at idle - but then I thought I should start with the limiting factor first, those wimpy OEM cables. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks Mark!

I finally got mine installed a few weeks ago. They are awesome! Everything fit perfect.

Hey Mark @Fourrunner -

I figured out the alternator thing we discussed a while back. The cable on the stud goes into the wiring harness, comes back out to the fusable link, and then straight to the battery + terminal.

Do you think making that cable a bigger gauge would have an effect on battery charging or alternator power distro? Your cable set improved my starting and my voltage readings a good deal, but I’d still like to milk MORE from the alternator especially at idle. Is the current flow still going to be limited by the size of the fusable link wire? Would a bigger cable to that point see any real improvement? I think both are 14awg and of course it’s probably a bad idea to change the fusable link wire size - it’s that size for a reason.

The kit costs $145.00 shipped (within US). International shipping is available.

The kit includes 5 cables and battery terminal connectors. This kit fits FJ60's and FJ62's. See below for additional kits (FJ40, FJ80 and FZJ80)

Kit includes:
Battery positive to starter cable
Battery negative to fender and motor mount cables
Ground strap from head to firewall
Ground strap from starter to frame
1 Mil spec positive battery connector (not pictured)
1 Mil spec negative battery connector (not pictured)
Optional accessory - 1) Battery terminal covers (add $10.00)
2) Abrasion resistant sleeve (add $10.00)

Without terminal covers and abrasion sleeve - $145
DSC04016.jpg

With terminal covers and abrasion sleeve - $165
View attachment 2495031

Instructions for install: Battery Cable Kit.pdf

All cables are constructed from either 1/0 or 4 AWG tinned wire (marine wire). Wire is very flexible and jacket is resistant to moisture, oil, chemicals, and excellent abrasion resistance. Joints are sealed using mil spec heavy duty adhesive lined heat shrink to prevent corrosion.

Email me at tetoncruisers@gmail.com for any questions or to place an order. Custom kits for dual battery setups also available upon request.

See this thread for FJ40 cables:

See this thread for FJ80 cables:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/386775-fj80-heavy-duty-battery-cables.html

See this thread for FZJ80 cables:
PM sent

Another happy customer, great product and shipped quick!

I installed all ground cables last night, cleaned all grounding points and re-assembled with dielectric grease.

Perfect fit but I'm curious how everyone routed the ground cable from the battery to the fender? I didn't take a photo but routed from the fender to the front of the truck and looped over the top of the battery to the terminal. This is the logical way based on the battery tray support but it's pretty close to the hood when closed.

Thanks!

Another happy customer, great product and shipped quick!

I installed all ground cables last night, cleaned all grounding points and re-assembled with dielectric grease.

Perfect fit but I'm curious how everyone routed the ground cable from the battery to the fender? I didn't take a photo but routed from the fender to the front of the truck and looped over the top of the battery to the terminal. This is the logical way based on the battery tray support but it's pretty close to the hood when closed.

Thanks!
Howdy, @Ian Crawford. I've got a stainless steel battery tray. Mine took a little messing about with to get everything to sit in the proper place so that the hood wasn't obstructed. but I got it to work. My hood closes no problem... but I still need to fine tune my hood placement after putting it back on. I've got a little bigger gap on the p/s than the d/s/. Man, another fall project!
Take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom