Build FJ55V : This little piggy came home.

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another round of rust repair.
Booked in for paint in 14 days. Let's get this bread!

20260710_101608.webp


20260620_132221.webp


20260607_162541.webp


20260710_154407.webp
 
Alright, the time is near.
My heart is with Nebula & 012.

Throw me your favourite green 55s 🙏🙏
  • 622 – Nebula Green: The most common factory green for the FJ55, widely used from 1972 onwards. It is a medium-to-dark olive tone. When paired with Cygnus White (012), it creates the signature two-tone look.

  • T303 – Fashion Green: Used on early-model FJ55s from roughly 1969 to 1971. It was often paired with Olympus White (T1453) or Cygnus White (012).

  • 621 – Rustic Green: While more famously seen on the FJ40, this dark olive green was also applied to some mid-to-late 1970s FJ55 models, paired with white accents (Combination Code 277

Screenshot_20260810_194917_Samsung Browser.webp


Screenshot_20260810_195333_Messenger.webp


tlc-2.webp


1598907957426.webp


Messenger_creation_DFDC48FF-9B21-4E96-A8F5-54717F3A2B9F.webp
 
Alright, the time is near.
My heart is with Nebula & 012.

If that's what you want then I wouldn't worry too much about what we think. It's a nice combo. FWIW I like the original brown color. Can't recall which brown that is though.
 
Yeah man, pick your favorite and never look back!
 
Thank you all for your 55 photos. Super helpful!
I did some collating last night and with my lovely wife's help put together a photo package for the painter.

Was also lucky to find a Colour Instruction Drawing on an old ih8mud thread.

Screenshot_20260811_220436_Gallery.webp


1786448741206.webp
 

Post #50
 
Alright, the time is near.
My heart is with Nebula & 012.

Throw me your favourite green 55s 🙏🙏
  • 622 – Nebula Green: The most common factory green for the FJ55, widely used from 1972 onwards. It is a medium-to-dark olive tone. When paired with Cygnus White (012), it creates the signature two-tone look.

  • T303 – Fashion Green: Used on early-model FJ55s from roughly 1969 to 1971. It was often paired with Olympus White (T1453) or Cygnus White (012).

  • 621 – Rustic Green: While more famously seen on the FJ40, this dark olive green was also applied to some mid-to-late 1970s FJ55 models, paired with white accents (Combination Code 277

View attachment 4192227

View attachment 4192228

View attachment 4192229

View attachment 4192230

View attachment 4192231
I think you might have the Rustic and Fashion mixed up there?
 
I think you might have the Rustic and Fashion mixed up there?
Sorry Mate, I might be wrong about that!
I thought Fashion Green was a light color, I might have been thinking Breath Green:
 
Back
Top Bottom