Builds FJ45/62LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG00512 (1).jpg
IMG00498.jpg
IMG00501 (1).jpg
I got my FJ45LV back 2008. Started this restoration two years ago this month. Lots of pictures and explanation to follow ; )

IMG00503 (1).jpg

It is interesting what people would use as mirrors .
What is an original mirror for an LV ?
The only ones I know of , were up on the front fender ...
Where Fj55 mirrors ever put on LV in the factory?

The front floors really didn’t exist anymore… And I had really nice rear wood floors ?

The condition seems extra rough but looks like you have all the important parts.
I look forward to more pictures.

Glad to see you start a build thread Joe. Having seen some of your work I know it's going to be a good one!

You right about the mirror Joe, only stock one offered from Toyota was on the front driver fender and only on 1961-early 1964 I believe. My 1963 LV had one.

Glad to see you start a build thread Joe. Having seen some of your work I know it's going to be a good one!

You right about the mirror Joe, only stock one offered from Toyota was on the front driver fender and only on 1961-early 1964 I believe. My 1963 LV had one.
Thanks JP your door skins were a huge help with building my quarter panels!

:popcorn:

(I've personally seen the LV transformation going on in Parkton MD and let's just say this will be a fantastic build thread ;))

As for side mirrors, I'm going with the fj45/55 repro's made by Slocruisers. You have to balance function/safety with historical accuracy and I just don't see how the mirror's mounted on the fender would be as safe as one's mounted to the door.

Keep posting up pics Dr. Joe.

Thats a basket full of project right there but certainly not impossible.. Frame looks like its ok,

Nice to see a build thread on this one.....can't wait to see more!

Thats a basket full of project right there but certainly not impossible.. Frame looks like its ok,
:popcorn:

(I've personally seen the LV transformation going on in Parkton MD and let's just say this will be a fantastic build thread ;))

As for side mirrors, I'm going with the fj45/55 repro's made by Slocruisers. You have to balance function/safety with historical accuracy and I just don't see how the mirror's mounted on the fender would be as safe as one's mounted to the door.

Keep posting up pics Dr. Joe.
Thanks for the fantastic words Pete !
Pete got my front seat since I went with 62 floors .... Front seat Pete

Nice to see a build thread on this one.....can't wait to see more!
Thanks for the gasket kit Chris!
I can’t resist but to post some pictures of the FedEx truck stuck in my front yard .
AC45AEF8-8CFD-4C81-B278-3DAC03EA58EC.jpeg
218CC0DC-9FB0-4A53-9737-F9CC52F1D61B.jpeg
51630954-ECC9-4519-A51F-0DE70CF34895.jpeg
5B01298B-EC68-4B5E-BB25-A9CF3D048975.jpeg
After being stuck in my yard the man tells me there’s a lot of packages in the back of the truck that look like that???

IMG_1762.jpg
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg

I cut out a section of the firewall and grafted in an FJ 62 firewall section .
That way I could use the Fj62 to steering column , brake booster ,gas pedal and petal bucket set up .
Had to customize the pedal bucket to fit and shorten the steering column.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom