Builds FJ45/62LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I started this build at my old house, build a shop under my deck just for this project. ( you’ll see you why later )
Setting up a plan
Started by building new body mounts to the A&B pillars . Now that the truck is supported . I made the whole platform of the vehicle built off of 2 x 6 rocker panels , could even be rock sliders .
This way I could out fit the 62 floors on top of the 2 x 6 rockers to Weld down to
Welded in a bunch of angle to structurally support the body of the vehicle.

IMG_1927.jpg
IMG_1908.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg

So you thought this out and didn’t just start jamming stuff together.

I should try that.
Yeah , I figured I should do some measuring before just jamming things together

I have been torn on what to do about my rockers.. I want to keep the long curve that they have but it is a total PITA to try to replicate the 2x6 or 2x4 tube is appealing since it is pretty simple. looking forward to the rest of the build..

I have been torn on what to do about my rockers.. I want to keep the long curve that they have but it is a total PITA to try to replicate the 2x6 or 2x4 tube is appealing since it is pretty simple. looking forward to the rest of the build..
I cut down the 2 x 6 tube , later in the build. I had to wait and put the doors on to follow the curve of the doors .

Forgot to take pictures of it, but I turn the underneath of my deck into a sandblasting booth . Then sprayed in a epoxy primer . The floors , sandblasted ,epoxy primer then spray bedliner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom