Builds Fj40 One Ton Buildup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics

OK finally got some pics.

Let me know what you think.

J.R.
1.jpg
cage1.jpg
cell.jpg

More pics

A few more
seats.jpg
shockmount.jpg
shocks muffler.jpg

More pics

My own stinger design.

Another cage pic.

J.R.

Didn't post
cage2.jpg
stinger.jpg
stinger2.jpg

Blacksmith/Shackle

Had to add a little blacksmithing into the buildup.

J.R.
shackle.jpg
forge.jpg
twist.jpg

Looks Big, Loud and Obnoxious, Just the way I like em. Very nice.

Big Loud Obnoxious

Big Loud Obnoxious is what I was going after. I think the orange flames and extra large stinger takes care of that. I will probably paint all the orange eventually, so it will tone down the obnoxious part.

Lincoln lockers front and rear. So it's redneck as you get.

Will have bigger tires sometime next year, have to get some property sold. So it will be bigger. Will probably run 42's.

I got my hardtop on, it fits very well over my new cage. It's been about five years since I've had it on.

Homemade hydraulic assist is working very nicely. On road and off. Front spider gears are welded and it still turns that locked axle good. No real difference than being in two wheel drive.

I need to get my ladder bar welded on, buggy leafs try to open up while accelerating, and it bounces when it spins.

With the body and frame completely sandblasted and painted. It should stay a solid rig for along time.

J.R.

More pics

Electric fan, with painless wiring. Works good. Keeps cruiser @ 195

You can also see my last minute resovoir for additional power steering fluid.

Hydraulic assist. Works good.

J.R.
electric.jpg
ram.jpg

Thanks

Thanks for the compliments. I worked hard on it. It may not show to alot of folks, but it's a bunch of work to build a rig.

I've got a few other things planned for it. Will have to wait awhile, but we can always plan.

It needs fuel injection for sure.

It definately needs 1.6 roller rockers to replace the 1.5 stamped steel ones it has.

100 Horse Nitrous will probably be 1st on the list, even before the fuel injection. A little more grunt without too much strain on the motor.

Of course, it needs new tires, you can tell by the pictures. then Ring and Pinion.

I would like to eventually have four wheel steering. I've got all that planned out, I just don't have a clue about four linking the rear end. I've never studied it, or even looked into it. I've just seen the folks on extreme 4x4 do the calculations.

My buddy is putting coils on his heep sometimes this month. I'm trying to talk him into turning his Dana 70 into a steering axle. He's not going for it right now, but I may eventually get him to do it.

I've also got another buddy building a motor. It will find it's way into the cruiser if only for a couple of weekends of fun. 383 SBC. Trick Flow aluminum heads and pistons. Still up in the air on the cam. Probably like .620 to .650. We'll have to see.

Take care,

J.R.

JRFJ4- said:
I've got all that planned out, I just don't have a clue about four linking the rear end. I've never studied it, or even looked into it. I've just seen the folks on extreme 4x4 do the calculations.

If ya got the coin, Proffitt's done all the math on the 4 link. Looks like an easy way to go.

http://www.proffittscruisers.com/suspension/coils.html

Good looking rig!!!:cool:

Figure out where you can fit the links. Then plug them into the calculator.

Fine tune from there.

It really is not that complex..

Updates

Replaced my Edelbrock carb with a Holley Truck Avenger. I just could not swing the price of fuel injection right now.

I have had nightmares with that stupid Edelbrock. I've tried every fuel pressure/float seeting I can think of. Hopefully this Holley will help me with some of my flooding problems. And it has external float adjustments which is great.

I backed one tire up on a flatbed trailer to twist it up. It looks good. I will try and get some pictures up.

I'm definately looking at 4 linking the rear in the future. A buddy of mine just got his Heep done. 4 linked with Fox Coilovers. All with new 44" tires. It does great.

I also bought some brackets to make my trac bar from Off Road Connection. I just have to get them welded on.

JRFJ4- said:
I'm definately looking at 4 linking the rear in the future. A buddy of mine just got his Heep done. 4 linked with Fox Coilovers. All with new 44" tires. It does great.

Good man. Ditch the RTI ramp king buggy leafs and link it. You won't go back.

Ed

JRFJ4- said:
OK finally got some pics.

Let me know what you think.

J.R.

I hope those aren't your spare tires In the back :D

mud

I've got a new computer and still trying to figure out how to size pics.

I just couldn't drive home 2 minutes and put the doors on before running it through the pond.

JR
fx (2).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom