Builds Finally got my own...Meet BeBe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Painting it black would probably look good.
Bleh!!! Negative not a fan of black interior after having our '11 4Runner. Can you say HOT AS HADES!!

Ok question... what is the easiest way to remove a door??? Spraying bolts now to ensure nothing gets stripped but there aint a lot of room.

Wife and I finally got a chance to camp. Took everything up to Lake Almanor for the weekend even though both of us are getting over a chest cold. Got lucky with a spot right up against the water but the sites are just about on top of each other. Oh well still fun and the dogs are loving it so far.

Snapseed.jpg

Another looking out towards the lake. Nice weather right now and calm.

Snapseed.jpg

Well lately not much going on. Had to replace the drivers side regulator as I stripped out a tooth in the previous which made it impossible to roll the window all the way up. That was GREAT FUN in the recent storms we have been having.

Put I did buy a new toy. Planning on finishing the body work in the next couple weeks so I can paint her completely.

Have to say the large lens makes a big difference but the quality of the lens is HUGE. Can see sooooo much better now. Still only a cheap Antra AH7 but for $100 I am seriously happy.

IMG_0543.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

Going from the tiny 2" tall lens of the HF (which wasn't a bad helmet, it worked) to the almost 4" tall lens of the Antra is HUGE. Actually took me a minute to adjust to the new lens and being able to see so much. On top of the the Antra lens system is all digital so no longer fumbling with a knob on the side of the helmet. Have it cranked up to 13 for MIG and she has been doing great, also come with a grind function as well!

In the first pic you can actually see the difference in clarity of the two lenses. The HF is slightly darker, but that always made it a little harder to see what I was doing with the puddle. Now I can see EVERYTHING very clearly.

Pics of the rust repair? Our trucks have some of the same issue.

Can do... Main area that I will be replacing is the fender panel below the fuel spout right up against the fender well. Other than that, I am completely replacing the drivers door and rear passenger door as those are in the worst shape. Probably could have used to replace the front passenger but it is workable.

Well the weather has decided not to cooperate over the last few weeks with my painting plans. Literally went from being in the 70s-80s to not getting above 65 and now we have a new storm coming in and it is not supposed to get above the mid-high 50s for the next few weeks. So full paint shenanigans are going to wait until spring when things can keep my garage at a consistent 65* or close there of.

For now, I ordered a new window run (68141-90A01) and a new outer felt non-chrome version (68210-90A02) so those should be here sometime next week. In the meantime, I will finish sanding down the drivers door to 320 and spray with primer for the time being. Then comes the fun part of learning how to pull the door apart and put everything back together in the new doorskin!!!

Well the weather has decided not to cooperate over the last few weeks with my painting plans. Literally went from being in the 70s-80s to not getting above 65 and now we have a new storm coming in and it is not supposed to get above the mid-high 50s for the next few weeks. So full paint shenanigans are going to wait until spring when things can keep my garage at a consistent 65* or close there of.

For now, I ordered a new window run (68141-90A01) and a new outer felt non-chrome version (68210-90A02) so those should be here sometime next week. In the meantime, I will finish sanding down the drivers door to 320 and spray with primer for the time being. Then comes the fun part of learning how to pull the door apart and put everything back together in the new doorskin!!!
So you’re doing a new skin on one of your doors? Look forward to seeing how that process goes. Always wanted to do something like this.

Sorry not doorskin... thats what I get for typing while trying to talk shop (talking about skinning an application in C# vs CAF). Replacing the door all together is what I meant. Doorskin would be a SERIOUS endeavor and not for my faint heart when it comes to welding.

Piktors - A graphical image depicting a specific event or series of events through a medium such as velum. In more modern times this is depicted through an electronic digital means.

Finally have some after all this talk. Got to working on the exhaust this weekend since I had some time to fix my mistakes from when done originally. Funny thing is, it was approximately a year ago when I did the first attempt, took my time this time. Definitely helps having my own welder and space to work, regardless of how small the work area is.

Of course, I didnt get a whole lot of pics because the phone was sitting on the shelf playing music the entire time. But welded up myself a nice section of exhaust. After running the short, stubby over axle pipe for so long the system is SOOOO QUIET now... really kinda miss the sound.

Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

Even went so far as to thread my own piece of 3/8" rod for the hanger at the end....

Then once everything was done it got a nice final painting of VHT Flame Proof SP117 (flat aluminum) which is apparently made for exhaust parts.

Next will be to finish the sanding on the drivers door and start swapping components.

Well unfortunately I think this has been coming for a while. Over the last few months I have been randomly coming out to spots on the driveway or parking lot where it looks like the overflow for the radiator is leaking. I looked at this a while back and originally believed it was just the upper rad hose leaking a bit, which throwing another clamp on the hose seemed to fix the issue. However, that was the case until I started using the heater more and more. Last weekend, when I had a quick minute I pulled the upper shroud portion to find what looks like a few pinhole leaks in the base of the upper tanks right below the upper rad hose and possibly even around the upper hose pipe itself.

So for the first time EVER BeBe is going to a professional tomorrow morning to get her radiator checked out and repaired (if possible). Nervous to get the call that the radiator is shot and needs to be replaced to the tune of $350+ (CSF and Mishimoto are running right around $400). But good news is that this guys is good, highly recommended and does custom radiators for hotrods and race cars at all of 30yrs old. Good thing is that if that is the only spot then it is up high enough that he said he SHOULD be able to repair it in the truck.

Wish me and BeBe luck!

I support repairing the oem radiator if possible. I like my CSF but the paint cracked instantly, matching the rest of truck.

I support repairing the oem radiator if possible. I like my CSF but the paint cracked instantly, matching the rest of truck.
At least it matches!

@gregnash bummer about the radiator but good luck man! And at least you have an experienced guy helping out with it!

Get well soon Bebe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom