Builds FARM USE (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got radiator back from repair, but I guess they didn’t understand what keep the patina meant! Probably original and for $65 bucks I will take it. Ordered some 7.00-15 bias ply power king tires for it. Should have some pics next week. My rock auto order did not make it for the weekend so should get back to the ford!

76C38D41-8D7D-4B35-961B-D81FD9C5B339.jpeg

159FEA88-352C-4DAA-86D4-023E940A5E43.jpeg

Removed all the drums. All shoes are good but right rear cylinder looks shot. Anyone have luck rebuilding them or just replace?

AB5C6769-CCEF-408C-BD03-2213AF474CF5.jpeg

You can do both, repair or replace. With something as critical as the brakes I always tend to lean more towards the replace side. They're not that expensive and pretty easy to swap out.

I rebuilt my OEM front disks calipers, and replaced the rear's cylinders.

Anyone have luck rebuilding them?
Yes. Many years ago when rebuild kits were cheap and easy to find, i rebuilt all my cylinders.
Easy rebuild. I learned to anti-seize the adjusters and had great brakes for a long time.

Removed all the drums. All shoes are good but right rear cylinder looks shot. Anyone have luck rebuilding them or just replace?

View attachment 2916295
I know you’ve got two builds going and might want to save some bucks. If so, I have my old cylinders from when I switched to discs. I know one side was at the end of its lifespan, but the other was still working well. They’re yours for the cost of shipping.

On the other hand, I know you like tinkering and @posers brackets are super easy and then you don’t have to adjust your rear brakes again.

I’m a bad influence….

I have been over to @miller house/shop, he does some fabulous work! I am jealous of his progress :hmm:

Anyone know if parts are available for original glass fuel filter. Need spring and filter. I guess I could rig up any spring.

View attachment 2911683

@ToyotaMatt has them listed on his website here:

If you only need to scavenge a few subparts, 23300-30012 is the exact same assembly but with a metal bowl instead of a glass bowl and is available from Toyota for really cheap:
1644272365649.png

I got clutch master and slave replaced and bled. It’s moving something lol. Had to put longer rod that was in old unit in new one. Installed brake master. Picked up fuel filter from Toyota- thanks for the info on that! Going to rebuild all wheel cylinders and have a few spares coming.

BE41EB31-5B1A-439D-A97D-9562DCC800DE.jpeg

198682D8-6522-43F6-A3BD-4F6B3F29E49C.jpeg

EDA2F550-61AF-4D4A-ADF7-5AE3B03684F7.jpeg

Hi Mr Miller ..

I have your NOS glass bowl fuel filter kit plugs and plays because I include all the needed and well not mentioned buy OUR BOY From France 🇫🇷….

See the metal bowl. Is a different profile and circumference. Pie R squared and such ….

I have the correct original JiS and JDM micrometers and millimeter alloy blend top housings

The new metal housing is simply POT metal

My nos glass BOWL comes with complimentary oem toyota compression nuts and the needed non USA red brass olives 🫒

Lastly and to all that read this post

ToyotaPartsDeal is far from just that

There is only two logical ways to make up for a odd ams
Unusual lower then everyone else price point on
Your needed toyota genuine USA spec sourced parts

- first they mark up your shipping more then SoR did or does you know
Tjat old urban legend wise tail …

ToyotapartSTEAL is a bunch of trained to talk fast 💨 AMWAY type scammers

2nd - and few folks realize this bull #it smoke and mirrors plan ..

Sure some common perceived and indeed actual high price pint parts we all need are sold for a hard to believe savings

They pad the back end in all the small essentials like bolts clips hardware assembly , light bulbs , seals gaskets o-rings

You get the idea

They mark all that stuff up like several
Hundreds of a %

So a .38 cents clip or a $4.2O seal is fixed cost retailed for $3.80 and the seal is sold to u and told its a rare unicorn bull smack for $13.80

Simply put

This is THERE Way !

I worked for toyota dealership level
Parts and service and 2 years at the corporate level
And over a lack luster low job satisfaction career of 12+ years many many dealers have cloned toyotapartsteal
Buisness modle

Not all of them to be clear

But enough to know you need to play ball with a vigilant street smart approach on the broad brush topic

Those are the facts as I see them.

I was a dealer ship gypsy in my early hungry days as a t ten technician

I left one dealer and rolled into another for a dollar more per hour sign on bonus

See dealer don’t give u a raise even
If u deserve one ?

You have to leave and come back
A unscripted time window later

This translates into low moral and new
Fresh bait unskilled to Boot

If it’s too good to be true it’s usually has a catch

That’s the catch above on toyota parts STEEL

Thanks for letting me share

Well got the coolant system all hooked up and the newly repaired radiator leaks like they put a new hole in it. Engine ran pretty good went through all the gears tranny works. the other bad news is most the wheel cylinders completely locked up. If kroil and some heat won’t free them up time for new I guess.

Pulled radiator back out and took to repair shop. I pulled all front wheel cylinders out and was able to free them all up. I bought rebuild kits for a 7/70 and up and they are the wrong size. My 70 says dec70 on door tag but who knows what was put back in at some point. None of them showed signs they were leaking so we’ll see! The kit said fronts were 1.250 and mine measured 1.100. An oil can and some brake work on a land cruiser in a heated garage… does it get much better lol.

B42DDDA7-64A8-4A4D-BC36-F9026ED93DBD.jpeg

E403C7CE-EF03-41CE-A8F9-9C65F361A7F9.jpeg

4BA666F9-73C4-4BEE-BCC6-30354ED53A34.jpeg

Every wheel cylinder was seized. Pulled them all apart cleaned and reassembled. 5 cans of brake cleaner later back in truck. Pressure bled system. Rear is good, but found front rubber lines blocked solid so ordering those this week.

4347D68F-EF67-4A92-B0FD-5C1F5B928F66.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom