For Sale Expert Restored 1980 FJ40 Land Cruiser - Charlotte, North Carolina (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1980 Toyota FJ4- Land Cruiser - $74,900 - Charlotte, North Carolina
(704) 453-2140

The heavy-duty FJ40 series Land Cruiser was introduced in 1960 and quickly became America's best-selling Toyota with production running nearly a quarter of a century. The popular and durable FJ40 series has always been known as a very reliable, long-lasting and nearly unbreakable vehicle that gets you anywhere you need to be.

Fully-restored and meticulously prepared by noted experts, The FJ Company, this Land Cruiser includes a drivetrain correct to the vehicle that has been fully-overhauled with all Toyota parts. The fresh nut and bolt refurbishment of this iconic SUV resulted in this superb example that is in top physical and mechanical condition. The off-roader is powered by its venerable numbers-matching inline OHV 4.2-litre six-cylinder engine and four-speed manual transmission with front-locking differential. Wearing a new soft-top with pull-up rear windows, it is accompanied with its original owner’s manual and original tool kit. The factory correct beige/gray color combination, evocative of a desert safari, remind us that FJ’s are as comfortable crossing huge dunes as they are negotiating dense jungles. This beige 1980 FJ40 Land Cruiser follows this rough and tough, yet classic and cool tradition and is sure to please any auto enthusiast.

FJ40 Toyotas are embraced by collectors of every age and are appreciating in value every year. Jalopnik, the web-based automotive-journalism authority, just recently wrote a terrific article on the collectible desirability of the classic Toyota FJ40 calling it “the definitive 20th century 4X4”:

https://jalopnik.com/this-is-why-everyone-wants-an-fj40-toyota-land-cruiser-1794192907

The FJ40 was even featured in a tire commercial showcasing its tough, adventurous style it is known around the world for:

https://youtu.be/vASwC4Wy2_c

Here is your chance to have one of the finest examples available of the rugged and adventuresome 4-wheeler that is ready to perform any duty. Whether it is as a weekend driver, an off-road adventurer, or car show attendee, this Land Cruiser has it all and is ready to be enjoyed.

For more pictures and information please visit our Hendrick Performance website at:

http://www.hendrickperformance.com/detail-1980-toyota-fj40_land_cruiser-used-16820721.html

111111.JPG

P1350572.JPG

P1400887.JPG

P1400906.JPG

P1400912.JPG

This is basically a Landcruiser enthusiast website. You don't really need to explain what an FJ40 is. Thats a nice example of what a South American cruiser can look like without all of the niceties of the North American/European models.

I remember that commercial and always wondered who would let someone stand on the roof of their 40???

I almost thought for a minute that this particular rig was on that commercial..... Nice sell pitch though:flipoff2:

Just for the recored.... FJ 40s are everywhere on TV and the movies.:moon:

Being at Hendrick Performance, one would think you knew cars, but I don't think you know your audience here on mud.

GLWS

Mayhap the above ad was an ‘assignment’ given to a secretary... copy and paste - mission accomplished :rolleyes:

The rack installed on the Land Cruiser in the Hancook commercial is like a Con-Fer rack and has feet attached to the drip rails. I had all three of my kids standing on mine at one time.
View attachment 1566352

Is the truck under the kids a Toyota 033 color?

fully restored and meticulously repaired? except for the 2 hose clamps on the upper rad hose.

lack of heater is not a good selling point for those in northern climates

lack of smog is not a good selling point for those areas that need it.

FJ Company does good work, but this sort of restoration baffles me a bit. I understand restoring a non-US truck that has desirable differences from US-spec (FJ43 for space, BJ40 because diesel, etc), but restoring a non-US FJ40 seems like an odd choice. All you get is materially worse mechanicals and creature comforts with no real positive trade offs.

If you are going to put $50k plus into a high quality restoration like this why not start with a US spec that has heaters, dash pads, disc brakes, etc? IMHO, this truck (while beautiful) fits in with someone who already has a cherry FJ40 plus maybe a few other restored cruisers, and wants to fill out a collection with a non-US truck just for the 'differentness' of it. Not sure why anyone would pick this truck as the first LC going into their collection, much less the first FJ40 they acquire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom