Ever heard of LC-America.com or the guys that run it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sadly, another victim of the Papps.... :-(

Jorge Finol Piñero--Toyota Land Cruiser Classifieds- North America

screenshot_2018-12-28_09-35-37-png.1864244

Wow that is crazy but comes as no surprise to me. :(

Did BAT reach out to you via email as they said they would?
Yes.

"
Hello,

This is Robert from Bring a Trailer, I help manage the community on the site. We took note of some of the feedback you shared on UnusualAuto's listing, some of it on the very first day of the listing, and the follow-up you posted Saturday evening.

In the time after an auction closes we reach out to buyers and sellers to see how the transaction progressed. This is in part to make sure everything goes smoothly and to see that both parties are satisfied with the experience. It is now only a day after the auction, but we see that you may have some specific outside experience with the seller. Can you share with us what that is?

Thank you in advance,"

Papp tried to sell me the 79 from unusual auto. Seems to be setting up a bunch of business names.

Any updates on the lawsuit? It appears I’m the latest victim and just discovering this today after wiring him money last week.

Bump, for those that don't follow the Expo classifieds, he's at it again. My first post or two in that thread and it didn't click at first but I knew I recognized that style of post... He was even dumb enough to post his address to view the vehicles which Google directly links to Papp Brothers LLC. I used to live in the same town (Orefield) and pretty sure had heard about this clown even before I did much forum time.

Entertaining read. I'm sure he'll find more suckers somewhere but hopefully not on the still decent forums like here and Expo.

Just an fyi in case anyone comes across it elsewhere. Read that thread before even bothering to make a decision to reach out.

He is on Toyota Sera facebook pages there are 3 or 4 Sera pages ..... trying to sell two Toyota Sera's Now.....I found this thread thinking of buying one from him .....thanks people

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 2.12.26 PM.png

you can go on facebook unusual-auto and leave messages orlinkto this thread .......if your looking form...hes very active there ....ijust checked that add is off market place but he some how posts it on the Sera page still....I guess copy and paste job

Here's some more fuel for the fire... follow up on my experience with M. Papp of Unusual Auto in hopes that it keeps someone else from dealing with him.

This is cross posted from BBB and I'll try to share it elsewhere...

On July 9th 2019, I wired Michael Papp $13000 as payment for an Isuzu Rodeo Camper Truck from Japan. He told me it would take about 8 weeks for delivery.

On September 12th, 2019, 12 weeks after payment, I had still no idea of the status of the vehicle I had paid in full for. Communication was sparse and he regularly ignored my messages. Occasionally he would tell me "it's taking longer than usual, but no reason to be concerned."

Because it was taking so long and there was no update as to when it might arrive, I agreed to take a different vehicle, (Mitsubishi Delica) priced at $10,000, which was already at the Long Beach, CA port, with the understanding that I would be refunded $1800, the difference in cost between the $13000 I wired him initially, minus delivery to Colorado.

When the vehicle arrived in Colorado, the roof was almost completely rusted out and in general, the van was in very poor condition. During this time I was still waiting for the title and associated paperwork which did not arrive for several weeks.

When it finally did arrive, I saw that the invoice stated that the cost was $13000, not the $11,200 which was agreed upon. I also noticed on the paperwork that his cost for the vehicle plus shipping from Japan was under $5000, which made sense considering the condition.

At this point his communication became even more irregular until he finally told me to "**** OFF" (his capitalization). He has now blocked me on facebook messenger, the primary mode of conversation throughout this terrible experience.

I have contacted the South Whitehall Police Dept. and they are currently investigating.

Good luck with any resolution.

Unfortunately, having lived in the same town as Mr Papp for a number of years and having had several dealings with the South Whitehall Police I can't say I envy your chances of them accomplishing anything. Nice guys, generally but taking reports and writing tickets are more their forte over actual investigation. Not sure what a better recourse would be, though.

Regardless thanks for sharing, the more dirt on this scumbag the less chance he keeps pulling it off.

gonna be hard to get the word out...they've done a good job of creating buzz on the 70 series in a bunch of no name auto websites.

it's vintage all over again. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom