Ever heard of LC-America.com or the guys that run it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If this company can be proven legit, then I will delete this thread immediately.

Anyway:

I found a craigslist posting yesterday for a guy selling a LJ78 Prado stating that the vehicle milage was 110,000miles but the odometer showed 216,000km which == 134,000miles. I texted the seller to let him know that he had the wrong milage shown on the post and that it's misleading. He acknowledged that the milage was incorrectly shown on the vehicle details but hasn't updated it yet. He said "I don't understand why I can't sell the LJ78. My brother in Colorado sells them for double what I'm asking." I knew then that he didn't know anything about Land Cruisers and informed him that the 2LTE is why he cant sell it.

Post: https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/d/1991-toyota-land-cruiser/6478933105.html

The posting also has links to WWW.UNUSUAL-AUTO.COM which is sketchy in it's own way.

Anyway, the guy then told me that I "should know about him" because he's "a prominent figure in the Land Cruiser community" and then sent me a picture of a 2017 LC79 attached to this post. I told him that I've never heard of him and that it's not legal to import those vehicles.
He then sent me this link:
Https://goo.gl/photos/dqRNYkQcUpxfUBdGA which he "sends to the haters to prove them wrong". He then asked me "are you on the www.lc-America.com mailing list because the EPA has apparently made changes to the import laws"?

Anyway, the guy got super weird with me when I called him a scammer. He then tried to further convince me that he's legit for the next hour, and finally gave up (text screenshot below). He even sited this address:

"The main address for LC-America is 3119A North El Paso st, Co springs"

What's the deal with this dude? Is he really illegally importing Land Cruisers 79's?

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3180.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 3.13.12 PM.png

Was going to point you to that thread, you found it first...

The lc-america.com site is "powered by Papp Brothers Automotive" which is also in connection to Funded.com for some reason?

IF its legal, prove it with a license plate title and registration, insurance....

@Chachi254 Thanks for this. Please keep us up to date

And nothing has been done?

I’m working with the AG in Nebraska on getting this guy again.

Has he actually done anything illegal? (especially in Nebraska?) If money has been exchanged and no product was sold then I am sure someone would have said something by now.

On another note: Hasn't that truck been in the US for more than a year now? That alone is illegal for sure.

@Chachi254 Thanks for this. Please keep us up to date

Absolutely!

The guy has confirmed to me via text that he is Michael Papp and the same phone number is linked to a number of scams online, most of which I've posted above in examples. I'll keep you posted on what comes of it.

Has he actually done anything illegal? (especially in Nebraska?) If money has been exchanged and no product was sold then I am sure someone would have said something by now.

On another note: Hasn't that truck been in the US for more than a year now? That alone is illegal for sure.

The photos in the album he sent me show, what seems to be, him exchanging keys to a new owner. Regardless, the importation of those vehicles is illegal and the web of sketchy cons his phone number and sites are connected to cannot be coincidence.

No, from my knowledge he hasn't committed fraud to anyone in NE, but he sold the Land Cruiser to a guy in New Jersey, which means it's now a federal issue rather than a state issue. Which, I'm assuming, after his time spent in jail for fraud last time, he's probably violating parole or something else related.

His webste LC-america is terrible to use and try to read, these colors dont rhyme

Did you make a deposit with Papp? I understand if you can’t discuss details on here though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom