Ever heard of LC-America.com or the guys that run it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't speak to how they are getting them into the U.S. but there was a guy popped in Birmingham for bringing in 2010 and up model Land Rovers Trucks with 1980's vins. I can't remember all the details, but one of the buyers took it to a reputable shop and I believe they reported him .

The group I worked with at EXPO are from Germany with lots of international experience with deep pockets. We visited LC79 and they bough me 2 shirts all the time laughing saying this is a close as you will get to having this truck in the USA.

upload_2018-5-31_7-9-20.png

I can't speak to how they are getting them into the U.S. but there was a guy popped in Birmingham for bringing in 2010 and up model Land Rovers Trucks with 1980's vins. I can't remember all the details, but one of the buyers took it to a reputable shop and I believe they reported him .
Is that what started the massive land rover seizure and crush

I've heard what Greg Miller had to go through to get one of the expo7 rigs into the museum....that says it all

The 79 at the museum is sweet

Bumping this to keep felons in the limelight

Single. 200 series received twin turbo in some markets.
Curious what market did the 200 receive a single. It was my understanding the only reason for the single turbo on the 79 was do to the steering not permitting it were as on the 200s they were IFS

This vendor has been around for years in different forms, promoting different deals and vehicles. Not looking to further opine on veracity, honesty or even reality of these offerings, but I get the occasional thread notice from MUD on a topic related to LC America and affiliates, much of which tie back to the VDJ79 offering, which is the most attractive and compelling product they have promoted.

Fact is, I personally doubt their model and product are viable - a new turbo V8 79 legal in US - regardless of price. Safety and emission regulations and Toyota corporate legal action just won't let it happen, regardless of the vendor's skills or technology chops.

Interestingly, the pitch started off as a basic, affordable and legal stock 79 and over time they started talking about up-optioned mega trucks with all kinds of stuff added on. A legal, $75,000 79 Series in USA? Not likely.

That said, I know that it is possible to purchase a "new" street legal 79 pick up with a 1HZ, 80 Series chassis, etc. bone stock for that price.

No, I don't sell 'em and don't have a dog in the fight, but the right buyers can find the right turn-key vehicles. There is no shortage of suitable 80 Series base vehicles, OR new, complete bodies with most of the interior components and support systems. What's missing is a qualified, competent, ethical builder that can deliver.

What is required of a buyer?
  1. Patience
  2. Funds
  3. Good manners
  4. Reasonable expectations
  5. Ability to make/keep commitments
Not looking to stir things up, but if you want a 79 Series ute in USA, it is possible.

Cruiser Brothers sells fuel tanks, repair kits, parts and accessories - not turn-key, built vehicles - but we see a lot and know some folks. Just saying - pigs can fly sometimes - and solutions are out there.

Last edited:
These guys reminder me of college boys selling speakers ‘for cheap’ back in the ‘90’s out of a white Chevy Buffalo Bill van.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom