EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@medtro I'm inclined to send you $80 for doing such a good job of arguing your solution. Nice effort: product and solution selling.

@medtro I, too, would like to purchase this kit from you. Do you have a PayPal handle? My '98 LC left my wife stranded today b/c of this issue. I read your other threads on this topic, pulled the relay & fuse, put them back, and guess what? Started right up! So yeah, I need dis.

Thanks in advance!

@medtro I, too, would like to purchase this kit from you. Do you have a PayPal handle? My '98 LC left my wife stranded today b/c of this issue. I read your other threads on this topic, pulled the relay & fuse, put them back, and guess what? Started right up! So yeah, I need dis.

Thanks in advance!

Waiting for your address confirmation. Please check PM or email. Thanks.

Waiting for your address confirmation. Please check PM or email. Thanks.

Got the kit from @medtro. Communication was exceptional, shipping was fast and the packaging was excellent. I opened the box and was pleased to find the kit (WITH a fuse already installed--thank you!) and a set of simple, straightforward instructions with excellent pictures. I installed it, went for a date with my wife and dogs to Sonic, and it works like a champ!

Thank you very much, Jackson! Keep up the great work!

-Vic

This bypass kit bypasses the bad EFI relay circuit in the fuse box so that the immobilizer system gets adequate power supply for starting the car. I made this for myself after my new 30A replacement fuse - initial fix for crank but not start problem, failed to start after 4 days. Some members have showed interest in the kit and asked me to sell this kit.

This bypass kit is for you if:
  • You are told a new fuse box 82720-60023 will fix your intermittent starting problem but you don't want to spend $460 just for the part alone
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you replaced the 20A EFI fuse with 30A fuse or paper clip
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you have been tapping or removing/replacing relays and fuses in the fuse box
  • You want to have this kit in your glove compartment in case you run into this crank and non starting problem
This kit is 100% plug and play, no need to splice any wires.

Kit comes with relay, fuse and installation instructions. $79 shipped to 48 states. PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

View attachment 1330817
My

Message sent!

This bypass kit bypasses the bad EFI relay circuit in the fuse box so that the immobilizer system gets adequate power supply for starting the car. I made this for myself after my new 30A replacement fuse - initial fix for crank but not start problem, failed to start after 4 days. Some members have showed interest in the kit and asked me to sell this kit.

• You are told a new fuse box 82720-60023 will fix your intermittent starting problem but you don't want to spend $460 just for the part alone
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you replaced the 20A EFI fuse with 30A fuse or paper clip
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you have been tapping or removing/replacing relays and fuses in the fuse box
  • You want to have this kit in your glove compartment in case you run into this crank and non starting problem

Kit comes with relay, two fuses (one for spare) and installation instructions. $82 shipped to 48 states. PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

View attachment 1330817

Hi,

I would also like to purchase this kit for my 1998 LX470 ... it cranks fine, but won't start, and no check engine light appears... how can I contact you... my email is yeasure01@gmail.com and my cell is 312.617.8269 thank you

Hi,

I would also like to purchase this kit for my 1998 LX470 ... it cranks fine, but won't start, and no check engine light appears... how can I contact you... my email is yeasure01@gmail.com and my cell is 312.617.8269 thank you
Hi Jackson,

I want to thank you.

My 1998 LX470 had this intermittent cranks fine but does not start issue.

About a week ago, it became a permanent crank but does not start issue.

As you indicated, with the key inserted and ignition on 2 things would happen:

1) the check engine light would not come on for 3 seconds, when the ignition was put in the on position (the design is that it should come on for 3 seconds, and then go out after it checks the system)

2) the security key (red light) would flash on the center console indicating I either had the wrong key, or the security system could not identify my key

So after not starting for three days, I received your kit.

I tried one last time to start the truck before I installed your kit.

Same result, no check engine light and security key blinking red.

I removed the key, and then installed your kit.

Went back into the drivers seat, put the key in and viola!

The check engine light came on for 3 seconds, and then went out...

the security key was not blinking red anymore...

I turned the key, and she fired right up!

I want to thank you for making this kit available....

I had already contacted the dealer, and they had no clue as to what the problem was...

granted, the truck is going to be 20 years old.... but it is still a great machine...

thank you again for being so kind as to shared your solution to this problem...

Words cannot express how happy I am that I have my truck back in running condition.
Hi,

Kit comes with relay, two fuses (one for spare) and installation instructions. $82 shipped to 48 states. PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

View attachment 1330817

Hi Jackson,

I want to thank you.

My 1998 LX470 had this intermittent cranks fine but does not start issue.

About a week ago, it became a permanent crank but does not start issue.

As you indicated, with the key inserted and ignition on 2 things would happen:

1) the check engine light would not come on for 3 seconds, when the ignition was put in the on position (the design is that it should come on for 3 seconds, and then go out after it checks the system)

2) the security key (red light) would flash on the center console indicating I either had the wrong key, or the security system could not identify my key

So after not starting for three days, I received your kit.

I tried one last time to start the truck before I installed your kit.

Same result, no check engine light and security key blinking red.

I removed the key, and then installed your kit.

Went back into the drivers seat, put the key in and viola!

The check engine light came on for 3 seconds, and then went out...

the security key was not blinking red anymore...

I turned the key, and she fired right up!

I want to thank you for making this kit available....

I had already contacted the dealer, and they had no clue as to what the problem was...

granted, the truck is going to be 20 years old.... but it is still a great machine...

thank you again for being so kind as to shared your solution to this problem...

Words cannot express how happy I am that I have my truck back in running condition.

Different Tyco relay (with same capabilities) and fuse holder are used in the kit since the following picture is taken. The kit you will be getting will not look identical as shown in picture below.

View attachment 1330817

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom