EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just bought a low-mileage '99LC100.....and...guess what happened today....

I'd like to buy one, and bravo to you for coming up with this - as the OEM fuse boxes appear to be discontinued...

Looking forward to hearing from you - thanks.

Started having this crank but no start issue a few weeks ago, and it's been popping up every now and then. Looks like it's time to pick up one of these kits! I sent you a PM @medtro -thank you so much for doing this for the Mud community!

While on a recent trip, RPM dropped to 0 and engine died out. Tried starting a few times. Crank but no start. Waited 10 mins and eventually it started. Been a few weeks since then and everything is fine so far. Is this a sign of the issue beginning to happen? If so PM me need the kit.

While on a recent trip, RPM dropped to 0 and engine died out. Tried starting a few times. Crank but no start. Waited 10 mins and eventually it started. Been a few weeks since then and everything is fine so far. Is this a sign of the issue beginning to happen? If so PM me need the kit.

Do you have blinking security light while engine cranks with no start? The security light is located next to the clock display in center console, not in gauge cluster. If you have blinking security light while engine cranks, then please follow troubleshooting instructions in post #51. This is not a valid test if your security light doesn't blink while engine cranks. This will confirm if the kit will solve your no start problem.

Do you have blinking security light while engine cranks with no start? The security light is located next to the clock display in center console, not in gauge cluster. If you have blinking security light while engine cranks, then please follow troubleshooting instructions in post #51. This is not a valid test if your security light doesn't blink while engine cranks. This will confirm if the kit will solve your no start problem.

Only came across this thread after I got home. Cannot recall if the security light was blinking when it cranked with no start and it hasn't occurred again since then. Though I was lucky to be on a well traveled road when it happened, I do not want to be stranded in middle of nowhere in case whatever happened last time happens again. Then for now it sounds like the best course of action is to print the photo in post #51 and carry a spare piece of wire.

Do you have blinking security light while engine cranks with no start? The security light is located next to the clock display in center console, not in gauge cluster. If you have blinking security light while engine cranks, then please follow troubleshooting instructions in post #51. This is not a valid test if your security light doesn't blink while engine cranks. This will confirm if the kit
PM replied.
I had the textbook issue this morning trying to take my kids to dentist. Red light still blinking next to clock in my ‘02 LX with the factory key in. A little wiggle on efi relay with key in the on position and I heard it click and hum. Started right up after that. Don’t want this to persist. Please pm me so I can order your bypass. Thanks

I had the textbook issue this morning trying to take my kids to dentist. Red light still blinking next to clock in my ‘02 LX with the factory key in. A little wiggle on efi relay with key in the on position and I heard it click and hum. Started right up after that. Don’t want this to persist. Please pm me so I can order your bypass. Thanks

PM replied.

Just wanted to add my great experience with @medtro and the kit to all of the existing good testimonials-kit was shipped out quickly, and installed in less than 5 minutes with the excellent instructions. Big thanks for your expertise in solving this issue!

This bypass kit bypasses the bad EFI relay circuit in the fuse box so that the immobilizer system gets adequate power supply for starting the car. I made this for myself after my new 30A replacement fuse - initial fix for crank but not start problem, failed to start after 4 days. Some members have showed interest in the kit and asked me to sell this kit.

This bypass kit is for you if:
  • You are told a new fuse box 82720-60023 will fix your intermittent starting problem but you don't want to spend $700 just for the part alone
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you replaced the 20A EFI fuse with 30A fuse or paper clip
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you have been tapping or removing/replacing relays and fuses in the fuse box
  • You want to have this kit in your glove compartment in case you run into this crank and non starting problem
The kit is designed to connect to EFI fuse slot. It is 100% plug and play provided there is no damage to the EFI fuse slot. If your EFI fuse slot is melted or damaged, you will need to connect the kit to the battery.

Kit comes with relay, 20 AMP fuse and installation instructions. Fuse holder may not be the same as shown in picture. $135 shipped to 48 states. Please send PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

View attachment 1839355
I have this kit installed for about 2 years now. Works great! Until yesterday where my rig is now not starting up and the red car icon is flashing. Does it mean it's time to replace the whole fuse box? I also have someone told me to look into the anti theft antenna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom