EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay. Gonna do that test now. So if I understand correctly, the wire should go from the positive battery terminal to the F location. If it starts with the wire, I need the kit.
Additionally, I saw you mentioned in a thread someone may need a new fuse box ? In what situation would I need a new fuse box in addition to the kit? Or would the kit alone solve the problem?
Fuse box is responsible for many circuits in the vehicle. This kit addresses one weak point, EFI circuit of the fuse box. You may need new fuse box when fuse box starts to fail other circuits.

Okay this is weird but I definitely need the kit. I just stalled on the middle of the road after accelerating and giving it lore gas than usual. The LX completely stopped in the middle if the road with the red battery light on the dash. I put on the emergency blinkers, waited about 30 seconds and it started again. I was able to drive home but am not confident to drive it anymore. Also have new battery and alternator. Is this also because of the immobilizer/relay issue? Or is it a separate issue?
Do you have crank and no start problem? If no, then you don't need this kit.

Do you have blinking security light while engine cranks. The security light is located next to the clock display in center console. If no, then you don't need this kit.

If you have blinking security light while engine cranks, then follow troubleshooting instructions in post #51.

Do you have crank and no start problem? If no, then you don't need this kit.

Do you have blinking security light while engine cranks. The security light is located next to the clock display in center console. If no, then you don't need this kit.

If you have blinking security light while engine cranks, then follow troubleshooting instructions in post #51.
Yes, I have the intermittent crank but no start issue. I also messaged you for the kit. Lasg week I replaced battery, alternator, and have new key from dealership. It only doesn't start after sitting for a day day two.. I need the kit but I'm trying to figure out if this stalling on the side of the road after hard accelerating is related to it or if it's a separate issue.

Yes, I have the intermittent crank but no start issue.
Do you have blinking security light while engine cranks? The security light is located next to the clock display in center console. If no, then you don't need this kit.

Lasg week I replaced battery, alternator, and have new key from dealership. It only doesn't start after sitting for a day day two.. I need the kit but I'm trying to figure out if this stalling on the side of the road after hard accelerating is related to it or if it's a separate issue.
Stalling is related to fuse box if you have blinking security light after it stalled.

Do you have blinking security light while engine cranks? The security light is located next to the clock display in center console. If no, then you don't need this kit.

Stalling is related to fuse box if you have blinking security light after it stalled.
This is the case with both situations. I had the blinking security light after it stalled on the road. Waited about 45 seconds, tried once to start, didn't start and had blinking security light while key inserted, then waited another 30 seconds, and then was *LUCKILY* able to get the security light to stop blinking and start engine, but I'm guessing I got lucky. Drove to the closest auto part store, turned off the vehicle, then got the blinking security light while key inserted (again). Bought new fuses and wire in the store, did the test (pg 51) and replaced the fuses. (Failed test and needs bypass kit.) It seems to be VERY finnicky, working fine one minute, then having the issue again the next minute. too unreliable. It could happen again and for longer at any point in time. Need to fix.

So I'm guessing the bad circuit in the fuse box for EFI is also somehow connected to the random stalling in the road..
[EFI Fuse --> intermittent immobilizer start issue-----> random stalling while driving] The EFI fuse, or whole fuse box itself seems to be the root of the problem and could potentially leave one stranded either way.. has there really not been a recall for this issue??

Bottom line. If I'm not mistaken, it seems I indeed do need both a new fuse box, as well as the bypass kit. Will message you my info

Last edited:
This is the case with both situations. I had the blinking security light after it stalled on the road. Waited about 45 seconds, tried once to start, didn't start and had blinking security light while key inserted, then waited another 30 seconds, and then was *LUCKILY* able to get the security light to stop blinking and start engine, but I'm guessing I got lucky. Drove to the closest auto part store, turned off the vehicle, then got the blinking security light while key inserted (again). Bought new fuses and wire in the store, did the test (pg 51) and replaced the fuses. (Failed test and needs bypass kit.) It seems to be VERY finnicky, working fine one minute, then having the issue again the next minute. too unreliable. It could happen again and for longer at any point in time. Need to fix.

So I'm guessing the bad circuit in the fuse box for EFI is also somehow connected to the random stalling in the road..
[EFI Fuse --> intermittent immobilizer start issue-----> random stalling while driving] The EFI fuse, or whole fuse box itself seems to be the root of the problem and could potentially leave one stranded either way.. has there really not been a recall for this issue??

Bottom line. If I'm not mistaken, it seems I indeed do need both a new fuse box, as well as the bypass kit. Will message you my info

This kit will fix your current intermittent starting/stalling issue. There is no need to buy new fuse box for it. If you are going to get new fuse box, then you don't need to get this kit.

@4estLX you're symptoms are exactly the same as mine. I would try out this kit before changing out the fuse box. It is quite an expensive part.
As said before in the chat, you would only need one of the two things a fuse box replacement OR the kit. Changing the fuse box removes the need of the kit as the internals of the fuse box will be new and you do not need to bypass anything.

Using this kit saved me a lot of money and heartache. Would recommend as the first step unless of course you would rather just "bite the bullet".

I had this issue last year. It was even compounded by the fact that some keys would start the car... and some wouldn't! I replaced the EFI... and that worked for a few weeks. Then, the same thing again. Jackson sent one of these over. I waited until the issue resurfaced before I installed it. Fortunately, the next time it wouldn't start, it was just in the garage... and not out on the interstate. It only took about 10-minutes to install in poor lighting. That was 8-months ago. IT HAS STARTED PERFECTLY EVER SINCE! THANK YOU!!!!!

Pic of the installation...

20210325_100621.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom