EFI Relay Bypass Kit (Immobilizer Fix) for UZJ100/LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@medtro Thank you so much for this invention, I need one please PM me.
I have been using this forum for research since I bought my LX470 mid 2020, but after stalling on the highway because of the EFI fuse situation I think it's time for a more permanent fix.

@medtro I would like one of these kits, as I am experiencing this issue on my 1998 LC. Please PM me and I will get you paid most urgently. Thanks and have a good one!

This bypass kit bypasses the bad EFI relay circuit in the fuse box so that the immobilizer system gets adequate power supply for starting the car. I made this for myself after my new 30A replacement fuse - initial fix for crank but not start problem, failed to start after 4 days. Some members have showed interest in the kit and asked me to sell this kit.

This bypass kit is for you if:
  • You are told a new fuse box 82720-60023 will fix your intermittent starting problem but you don't want to spend $700 just for the part alone
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you replaced the 20A EFI fuse with 30A fuse or paper clip
  • You have intermittent starting problem and you have been tapping or removing/replacing relays and fuses in the fuse box
  • You want to have this kit in your glove compartment in case you run into this crank and non starting problem
The kit is designed to connect to EFI fuse slot. It is 100% plug and play provided there is no damage to the EFI fuse slot. If your EFI fuse slot is melted or damaged, you will need to connect the kit to the battery.

Kit comes with relay, two fuses (one for spare) and installation instructions. $135 shipped to 48 states. Please send PM for payment info or shipping cost outside 48 states.

View attachment 1839355
I am interested in this kit, I don't know how to PM. Please contact me, thanks in advance.

Ok.. I think I need your kit but not sure. Do these symptoms I'm getting sound like I have the immobilizer issue and would benefit from having the kit? (I don't understand how the bad EFI fuse is related to immobilizer)

Recently the 98 LX470 wouldn't start. (Cranks but won't start) the security light on the dash wouldn't go off when inserting the key. (New key)

I remembered the weird wire going from radio to efi fuse that I had previously removed. I put that wire back and it started. (Seems that it's getting power to the efi fuse?) But not sure how that's connected to the immobilizer. (Still trying to understand this issue and may need to reread the thread a few more times.)

Would the kit fix this?

Ok.. I think I need your kit but not sure. Do these symptoms I'm getting sound like I have the immobilizer issue and would benefit from having the kit? (I don't understand how the bad EFI fuse is related to immobilizer)

Recently the 98 LX470 wouldn't start. (Cranks but won't start) the security light on the dash wouldn't go off when inserting the key. (New key)

I remembered the weird wire going from radio to efi fuse that I had previously removed. I put that wire back and it started. (Seems that it's getting power to the efi fuse?) But not sure how that's connected to the immobilizer. (Still trying to understand this issue and may need to reread the thread a few more times.)

Would the kit fix this?

I responded to you in the other thread. I will post it again here.

If you have crank and no start then check to see if you have blinking security light while engine cranks. The security light is located next to the clock display in center console.

If you have blinking security light while engine cranks, then follow troubleshooting instructions in post #51.

I just experienced this same problem. Left me stranded on mountain late at nite.
Thankfully tow truck came out and saved me. Towed me 60 miles home.
My mechanic was able to figure a quick and simple bypass that seems to be working so far. Do not know if it it safe or if it will continue working. Will keep you posted.
I was stranded too. Seems grounds for class action suit against Lexus? Or at least a recall . I'm surprised there hasn't been a recall for this issue

I responded to you in the other thread. I will post it again here.

If you have crank and no start then check to see if you have blinking security light while engine cranks. The security light is located next to the clock display in center console.

If you have blinking security light while engine cranks, then follow troubleshooting instructions in post #51.
Okay. Gonna do that test now. So if I understand correctly, the wire should go from the positive battery terminal to the F location. If it starts with the wire, I need the kit.
Additionally, I saw you mentioned in a thread someone may need a new fuse box ? In what situation would I need a new fuse box in addition to the kit? Or would the kit alone solve the problem?

Okay this is weird but I definitely need the kit. I just stalled on the middle of the road after accelerating and giving it lore gas than usual. The LX completely stopped in the middle if the road with the red battery light on the dash. I put on the emergency blinkers, waited about 30 seconds and it started again. I was able to drive home but am not confident to drive it anymore. Also have new battery and alternator. Is this also because of the immobilizer/relay issue? Or is it a separate issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom