EBC pads on an 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
So I went with terrain tamer discs, then oem remanned calipers and TT pads, and still the truck didnt want to stop. No mind you it sitting on 37x 13.5 heavy nitto tires but even with the ABS pulled it wouldnt stop. So before this last trip east to west and thru the rockies I got napa calipers EBC pads and still used the TT discs finally (and after gravity bleeding thanks @ajax1) Ive got brakes, they stopped my in the mountains and I went thru the rockies westbound at night in a snow storm, and they stopped my on hells revenge,metal masher flat iron mesa etc etc etc, and they stopped me 7500miles later when I pulled back in my driveway. a lot of people including myself have been trying to find real brakes for a fully modded 80 series. And this setup has been the best Ive tried by far. hope this helps.

I am about to install a full kit from Power Stop that I sourced from Rock Auto. The rotors are drilled/slotted rotors and their Evolution series pads. My LC is stock but it will be nice having a little extra stopping power.

If you do not mind I will add my 2 cents after I get these installed and have had a chance to put them through the paces.

Reactions: RFB
Yep, been running EBC for almost 4 years. Haven't killed any nuns yet.

1418244571438-jpg.1003858

1418245437005-jpg.1003861

I was using those too and they stopped great and wore down kinda fast but I started having plumes of white smoke out of my exhaust so Im pretty sure its the UK trying to put chemicals in the pads to cause chemtrails to control our minds. But other than that they are cool

I've never really noticed a difference between EBC pads and OEM pads, but I keep my brakes all OEM and they stop the truck with my little girly 315s without complaint along with my Swampers. 37s are the new 35s so I'm behind the curve ;)

I do service and inspect my brake system every spring, so it's always in good repair and I still run the LSPV (set to max) and ABS.
The higher the rotating mass, the more brakes you need, but for a 21 year old brick she stops pretty well.

I was using those too and they stopped great and wore down kinda fast but I started having plumes of white smoke out of my exhaust so Im pretty sure its the UK trying to put chemicals in the pads to cause chemtrails to control our minds. But other than that they are cool
your on it, but please keep breathing in deep because Ca.was the start point, and HARVARD has totally come out last year. but why let that stop you. right?/ troll on.

I’m about to throw some EBC 80 series yellows and DBA rotors on the front today. They’re replacing OEM rotors and 100 series OEM pads. @RFB what model EBCs did you use?

I’m about to throw some EBC 80 series yellows and DBA rotors on the front today. They’re replacing OEM rotors and 100 series OEM pads. @RFB what model EBCs did you use?
DP6993 6000 Series Greenstuff
EBC 7000 Series Greenstuff SUV Supreme Compound - DP7992 - FRONT

I am about to install a full kit from Power Stop that I sourced from Rock Auto. The rotors are drilled/slotted rotors and their Evolution series pads. My LC is stock but it will be nice having a little extra stopping power.

If you do not mind I will add my 2 cents after I get these installed and have had a chance to put them through the paces.

Same kit I’m running plus all new lines and calipers lspv rod cut and put to full up travel, I can lock up 37s no prob

Same kit I’m running plus all new lines and calipers lspv rod cut and put to full up travel, I can lock up 37s no prob
ryan did you remove ALL abs or just pull and cut the rod?

DP6993 6000 Series Greenstuff
EBC 7000 Series Greenstuff SUV Supreme Compound - DP7992 - FRONT

I threw on the same pads a couple of weeks ago and the braking seems to really improve on my 80. I don't know about longevity but it does seem like these pads bit harder than whatever was on there before.

your on it, but please keep breathing in deep because Ca.was the start point, and HARVARD has totally come out last year. but why let that stop you. right?/ troll on.
Harvard is making chemtrails now??? Mind control man. I knew it. Wake up sheeple!

I threw on the same pads a couple of weeks ago and the braking seems to really improve on my 80. I don't know about longevity but it does seem like these pads bit harder than whatever was on there before.
ive got 10000 out of these and its been thru winter the desert the mountains and they are still spot on. and you know we had a serious set of nor easters

(and after gravity bleeding thanks @ajax1) Ive got brakes

Although the pads you chose are more aggressive than stock and should help, getting all the air out probably helped more than anything.

and you know we had a serious set of nor easters
Do you really believe the government is controlling the weather? Because that does make me question the validity of your technical recommendations. EBC higher friction pads do indeed wear faster then oe.

Do you really believe the government is controlling the weather? Because that does make me question the validity of your technical recommendations. EBC higher friction pads do indeed wear faster then oe.
My technical recommendations are answering questions Ive been asked. Ive never once mentioned anything other than 80s on this forum and related. K? if you want to make claims at least look it up its pretty damn easy, but what fun would that be. heres Ill do the work for you.
Harvard's Solar Geoengineering Research Program

I ran that setup and really liked it. I got 49,925 miles out of the set of front pads, but I'm a Mall Crawler, highway driver with minimal offroad. I also do a lot of engine braking instead of foot braking.

ryan did you remove ALL abs or just pull and cut the rod?
Pulled fuse, removed all wiring, left the sensors in the knuckles to keep dirt out, cut the rod then zip tied it up .

Reactions: RFB
Pulled fuse, removed all wiring, left the sensors in the knuckles to keep dirt out, cut the rod then zip tied it up .

Do you have an and light on and do you have to deal with emissions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom