Downey 22 Gallon Fuel Cells Becoming Available Again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will put you on the list for skid plate notification if I build them

I sell the tanks in my ebay store, they are not presently listed since I have been out of tanks for over a year. Once listed again there will be complete description, and photos showing all the parts included. Basically the tank, mounting strap kit, complete recessed fuel filler neck/cap/hose/clamps, and all of the aluminum top plate fittings/gasket/hardware, tank is totally complete without sending unit or fuel pump (where you have zillions of pump/sender choices). The Downey installation instruction sheets are actually here on Mud under the Downey Off Road link.
Hey Jim,
I have a 1971 FJ40 project that I picked up partially complete. The previous owner sold the project with either a Con-Ferr tank or one of your tanks. Is there a simple way to tell the difference between the two? The P.O. had installed an in-tank pump, but I don’t have that receipt so I'm not sure if it's compatible with the FiTech EFI I'm installing so I may have to pull the cover on the fuel tank to see what the pump is and if it's compatible... If so, I'd need a new gasket and it looks like you sell both varieties. Once I determine which tank it is - where will I find your store?
Thanks.
Jake

Con Ferr tanks were steel, my Downey tanks are nylon, both are 22 gallon, both have the lower rear side slanted upward for better departure angle (shape of my custom aluminum skid plates). My tank lab tested stronger than the steel tanks, pressure that ripped open a steel tank merely dented my tank (no puncture). Plus my tanks have no welded seams, and will never rust- - -easy deal. Probably easiest to merely install a fuel pressure gauge to test pressure of your pump. Carb would have needed about 5 psi, TBI fuel injection would have needed about 15 psi, and I believe the Sniper and FiTech work on about 65 psi ???. Easiest to deal with me here on Mud, I merely send PayPal invoices to people rather than dealing with my ebay store (and their many charges).

DSC_0905.JPG

IMG_8439.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom