Door Lock Actuator Replacement (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just did my driver's side on my '03 LX finally. Had this problem for a year. Swapped just the motors. Ziptied the casing. Locks and unlocks strongly. I had to purchase the motors with the collars/round shaft.

Considering this since the drivers lock on my LX doesnt work via the key fob or lock button on the inside but works with the key hole. I have a '99 sitting in the yard and was wondering if the actuators will swap over and fix my problem? I know that I wont have the folding mirrors but that is not a concern to me

Considering this since the drivers lock on my LX doesnt work via the key fob or lock button on the inside but works with the key hole. I have a '99 sitting in the yard and was wondering if the actuators will swap over and fix my problem? I know that I wont have the folding mirrors but that is not a concern to me
Yes, the actuator assembly should swap over. Replacing the motors is an easy enough job though, and I'd imagine your other LX's actuators are just as, if not more, tired. On your 2005, see if you can figure out which type of motor it is before taking the door panel apart. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only way to know for sure. A set of four motors is around $20, I'd buy both, use what you need, and sell to another enthusiast with the other type of motor. I'd only want to take the door panel apart once, so I would not run the risk of using tired/worn/older actuators.

Just my 2c.

My 100 has been sitting in the garage for the last 2 months while I've been on active duty. Came home to find my truck needing to have all 5 replaced rather than just the 1 that it was needing before I left. I guess that's what happens when it is 110 degrees outside.

I will be starting this project soon for all doors including the hatch. I'm glad to have this thread to help out!

My 100 has been sitting in the garage for the last 2 months while I've been on active duty. Came home to find my truck needing to have all 5 replaced rather than just the 1 that it was needing before I left. I guess that's what happens when it is 110 degrees outside.

I will be starting this project soon for all doors including the hatch. I'm glad to have this thread to help out!
What’s your plan?? If your shafts are keyed, it seems to be a long term solution. I swapped mortors on the 80 and the shafts were not keyed and I keep having adhesive failures

What’s your plan?? If your shafts are keyed, it seems to be a long term solution. I swapped mortors on the 80 and the shafts were not keyed and I keep having adhesive failures
I'm not quite sure what you mean by keyed? I haven't had the chance to read through this entire thread yet, just the last 5-10 pages. Do you mean D shaped rather than circular?

Am I better of buying the Camry actuators ($93 vs $20 for motors only) and just swapping over the plastic L piece?

Am I better of buying the Camry actuators ($93 vs $20 for motors only) and just swapping over the plastic L piece?

I did all 5 actuators at 112k, I am now at 201k and have only replaced the driver door again. The replacement of the actuator is quite simple and cheap. If you just use dots of super glue the clamshells will stay together just fine, and if you need to replace them again they will come right apart. It is possible doing it in the summer in Phoenix makes the glue softer so the shell separates easier, dunno for sure but I didn't have any problems and because of the failure in heat I replaced mine in the summer.

As for using the Camry L piece to replace all 5, that seems spendy for something so easy. Plus if you are trying to keep cost down you may be able to find a supplier in China for much less. I did a group buy for the motors, and if I remember correctly it was only $4 per piece plus the ~$1 for shipping to get it to the other Mud members. I guess it just depends on where you want to spend your time/money.

Yes, the actuator assembly should swap over. Replacing the motors is an easy enough job though, and I'd imagine your other LX's actuators are just as, if not more, tired. On your 2005, see if you can figure out which type of motor it is before taking the door panel apart. Unfortunately, that seems to be the only way to know for sure. A set of four motors is around $20, I'd buy both, use what you need, and sell to another enthusiast with the other type of motor. I'd only want to take the door panel apart once, so I would not run the risk of using tired/worn/older actuators.

Just my 2c.
The '99 is a LC so I dont know if its compatible due to the power folding feature in the LX

@knewstance the information is somewhere here on this thread for the part number. The vendor I went through in China is Kysan Electronics.

@knewstance the information is somewhere here on this thread for the part number. The vendor I went through in China is Kysan Electronics.
Thanks!
I ended up just ordering the eBay set of 4. Hoping they are right! I'll be tackling the project early next week once they get here.

So I'm pretty sure I want to go the Camry actuator route instead of putting new motors in my current actuator assemblies. I know it will cost a little more, but I don't think I want to go down the road of cracking open and then gluing together my actuators, with the likelihood of having to do it again sometime in the future.

That being said, I am a little confused on which Camry actuators I need. According to the Aisin website, there is a different part number for each door. Do I need to order the exact Camry actuator that corresponds with the LX470 door that I'm replacing? Or is there only one particular Camry actuator that I need for all of mine?

Below is a screenshot of the Camry Part numbers from AISIN.
According to Rock Auto, the following part numbers are equivalent:

DLT-063 = 69120-33010
DLT-067 = 69110-33010, 69110-AA010
DLT-069 = 69140-33020
DLT-130 = 6913033020

1565747492359.jpeg

Below is a screenshot of Aisin's part numbers for the LX470 actuators.

Again, Rock Auto says these are equivalent part #'s:
DLT-078 = 69050-60060, 69050-60061, 69050-60062
DLT-081 = 69040-60080, 69040-60081
DLT-091 = 69030-60080, 69030-60081
DLT-102 = 69060-60060, 69060-60061, 69060-60062

1565747791093.jpeg

Anyone know which Camry actuators I should order? I need to do passenger front and driver rear door, but I'm leaning towards just doing all of them since they will fail sooner than later anyway.

Thanks!

I can't seem to find someone selling 5 of these on eBay. Several of the postings are for a different part number all together (FC-280PT-20150).

Just fixed my driver's side this morning with the Camry actuator. I had a moment of slight panic after I removed the white "L" shaped plastic lever from the old unit to swap out with the green lever that comes on the Camry actuator. I didn't pay attention to how the lever sits. Since it just pops in, it seems like there are a number of positions you could set it at. I guessed at the resting angle of the lever and everything worked out fine. But something to note before you remove the "L" lever from the old unit. Good luck! I'd call it an annoyingly satisfying DIY repair.

Got the 4 on eBay, if I need another it’s another $6
I saw that one but it's not the same part number. They both show up when doing a search for the 20150. Not sure if they are equivalent. There's the FC-280PT-22125 and the FC-280PT-20150.

OMG. My 99 Lexus GS400 had these little motors and every few years I'd be replacing one. Unfortunately, there was so much crap in that actuator it was a pita to change just the motor. Rewind a whole lot further... I ran Mabuchi motors in my slot cars and that was A LOOOOOONG TIME AGO. Bet half of you have never even seen a slot car.

While I'm at it, is it the same crappy little motor in the 200 series liftgate? Mines getting a bit lazy on occasion.

Slot cars were fun. We had a Walt Disney owned sport center called "Celebrities" with a cool track. Back in the day!;)

Amazon product ASIN B07DNKBD6D
if that doesn't work search for - Passengers Front Door Lock Actuator Replacement for 97-01 Toyota CamryUSA 69110-AA010
How has your Camry actuator held up? Mine was working great until this weekend. I can hear the motor doing it's thing when I press the lock/unlock button but it's not pulling the lever. My guess is that the "L" shaped piece that I transferred over from the original actuator has worked its way out of the Camry unit. It never really snapped into place and since you aren't cracking open the new unit, there's no way to secure it from the inside.

I just finished replacing my passenger door motor for the second time (2014 previously).

When I popped it open, it was totally rusted/ruined.

I still had 4 motors from my last order, so I cleaned it out and put a new motor in.

This time around, I put a bead of RTV around the outside of the epoxy.

Moral of the story: make sure you get the seam water tight.

FD755FE9-D048-451E-8704-E343270EF80D.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom