Does your rear seat rattle? Check this out... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yes, i know you can't stretch it. scan the back of the vent, 3d print, pour mold, pour product n profit. yeah it's not that simple
For a simple flat piece that could work, but you lose the effect of the gasket coming out wide of the vent and the "lip". For the same finished product you could get a sheet of dense vinyl or rubber and just cut it with a knife.

0A8999A5-422F-40B8-B305-A16FFB5F6679.jpeg
BCBC0EB3-6DD4-42F1-99EC-2C848C238419.jpeg
Photos of vent gaskets showing the lip. My rear left isn't so bad, but the front one has shrunk on the left side of the photo, you can see how it's now completely behind the vent.

And yes, my truck has a crappy single-stage repaint that has faded to a color I call "tomato". At least they took the time to put some aftermarket stripes over it 🙄

C1823E99-4C07-41F9-BE2F-418FA193ECCF.jpeg
Four 1st gen hard resin clones bondo'd. The originals had a small groove/indentation worn in them from the seat post. These need a final sand yet and I have two more that need bondo from start to finish, but once I have 6 total I'll make a mold of those "corrected" bumpers. From there I can cast 6 more perfect ones, then mold all 12 of them. That will give me a mold I feel comfortable producing with. I will probably cast a pair of urethane rubber bumpers tonight and stick them in my truck for some testing.

I'm in for a pair - lmk

In for a set!

23B46344-B1DD-427A-896D-8A89983093EB.jpeg
Cast some test pieces of rubber yesterday - one each of the two products I have. One is definitely harder than the other. I think the softer one will wiggle into place better (and it feels almost exactle like the OEM bumper), but it cuts easier with a knife,
so that worries me. I'll throw them in my truck this afternoon and see how they do.

I also poured a small batch of the soft rubber this morning to see how the new molds look. I did a test with the hard resin and you can see imperfections from where the bondo was molded. 99% of folks probably wouldn't care, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and it bothers me. In a few hours we'll find out if the rubber casts any different than the resin - likely not.

FYI, I've been posting more updates on Instagram: @cruisertrash.fj60.

I find it a little easier to fire off quick photos over there. I'll keep updating this thread too, just not as frequently.

I live in Denver, real estate is f'king expensive man! 🤣
Expensive doesn’t describe it... criminally unobtainable is more like it.

By the way, I like the tomato color...

Expensive doesn’t describe it... criminally unobtainable is more like it.

By the way, I like the tomato color...
You're here in town too?

You're here in town too?
Boulder. Or Longmont currently. I took my truck apart at my buddy’s house and I’m struggling to put it back together now 🤣

Boulder. Or Longmont currently. I took my truck apart at my buddy’s house and I’m struggling to put it back together now 🤣
I should probably take my 60 apart but it's my only running vehicle 😬🤣

I went back through this post and wrote down Mud handles and quantities for every interested party. The work to get these ready continues and I'll tag everyone in a post when it's time.

I should probably take my 60 apart but it's my only running vehicle 😬🤣
You too, hu? I took two weeks of vacation and I’m gonna need at least an othe week. Maybe I’ll be looking for a new job after this 🤣🤣🤣

You too, hu? I took two weeks of vacation and I’m gonna need at least an othe week. Maybe I’ll be looking for a new job after this 🤣🤣🤣
I take certain things apart but only for a weekend at most - it's gotta get my kids to school and me to work on Monday! The longest it was out of service was 6 days when I removed the original suspension and installed the OME stuff. Brutal job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom