Does your rear seat rattle? Check this out... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Been following your thread. An ingenious method of solving a very common issue on these rigs. My commendation goes out to you. If still available, put me down for two sets. Congratulations on your inventive and rewarding effort.
Thanks for the kind words! Please PM me Name, address, quantity and I will send payment info.

61282543-EE9E-49C0-9066-BE4945DA4C47.jpeg
7064AC0E-F220-4A18-9B37-3E548689184A.jpeg
Ok folks, we're live. Glamour Shotz of the first & second batch are attached. Those who PM'd me already - I have responded with payment info. Sorry for the cut & paste, I'm inundated with messages right now.

Here's the details:
-$20/pair shipped in the US
-Quantity discounts start at 5 pairs
-Shipping outside US charged actual price
-DM name, address and quantity to order
-Cloned from original NLA Toyota part
-Tough urethane rubber
-80 Shore hardness like the original pieces
-Simple installation
--If you already contacted me via Instagram stay with that line of communication so you're not accidentally placing double orders!!!
-Shipping begins 10/4/2021
-DM for other rubber part needs

Last edited:
When using PayPal this logo thing should pop up once you find my name:

B7C4157B-2CEB-4773-BD63-3BC453B3A009.jpeg

View attachment 2799034View attachment 2799033Ok folks, we're live. Glamour Shotz of the first & second batch are attached. Those who PM'd me already - I have responded with payment info. Sorry for the cut & paste, I'm inundated with messages right now.

Here's the details:
-$20/pair shipped in the US
-Quantity discounts start at 5 pairs
-Shipping outside US charged actual price
-DM name, address and quantity to order
-Cloned from original NLA Toyota part
-Tough urethane rubber
-80 Shore hardness like the original pieces
-Simple installation
--If you already contacted me via Instagram stay with that line of communication so you're not accidentally placing double orders!!!
-Shipping begins 10/4/2021
-DM for other rubber part needs
I’d love a set. Thanks!

If anybody has trouble with PayPal please DM or email me (I've messages you my email address for PayPal). Thanks!

D37557A0-22B0-4C29-869E-5DEC6FFC2BAD.jpeg
I'm getting two batches done each day now - early in the morning before work and after I get home. The rubber has a 4 hour de-mold time, and that's as fast as I can make them. I have a day job, two kids, a guitar amp repair side hustle, and lots of work keeping my daily driver 60 on the road - cranking these out as fast as I'm able.

So far they are turning out great. Here and there one ends up being a reject because it didn't cast properly. I am looking at every single one to make sure I won't ship the rejects, though. I have about 40 sets made so far and I'm assembling shipping materials now, too.

Last edited:
View attachment 2800185I'm getting two batches done each day now - early in the morning before work and after I get home. The rubber has a 4 hour de-mold time, and that's as fast as I can make them. I have a day job, two kids, a guitar amp repair side hustle, and lots of work keeping my daily driver 60 on the road - cranking these out as fast as I'm able.

So far they are turning out great. Here and there one ends up being a reject because it didn't cast properly. I am looking at every single one to make sure I won't ship the rejects, though. I have about 40 sets made so far and I'm assembling shipping materials now, too.
Ah... an amp guru... rad. Your profile pic makes sense now. I’m a strat guy myself. Reworked my 69 twin several times over the past decade.

@cps432 I've never found the Strat body shape to be comfortable - not since I first held one when I was 10. Profile picture is my 1965 Duo Sonic II and a 1963 Champ I was working on. I love short scales and the pickups are like the bastard child of Strat pickups. My house is like an orphanage for weird vintage guitars and amps.

I had a 90s Twin once .... I like when an amp breaks up too much to ever own one again. Great amps but just too damn clean for me! I have a 67 Showman that's an almost identical circuit but gets some more hair on it at high volume, so it scratches that same Twin itch a little better.

I could go on and on haha. PM me if you ever wanna talk shop some time.

A couple of you have expressed interest but I haven't gotten a PayPal yet. No problem if you changed your mind or have been busy, I completely understand either way. I just wanted to follow up and be sure I wasn't leaving you in the dust! If the PayPal info is NOT in your inbox, send me a message and I'll get it to you.

@Spook50
@ryaneddy16
@Pantingfish
@StudsTerkel

A couple of you have expressed interest but I haven't gotten a PayPal yet. No problem if you changed your mind or have been busy, I completely understand either way. I just wanted to follow up and be sure I wasn't leaving you in the dust! If the PayPal info is NOT in your inbox, send me a message and I'll get it to you.

@Spook50
@ryaneddy16
@Pantingfish
@StudsTerkel
Still in. My VA payment posts tomorrow so I'll PP you as soon as it's in my account.

PM sent on order request for 1 set. Updated 9/1: and more importantly payment sent. Thanks for seeing this project through.

Last edited:
2 Questions...
1: Will this work for a 1990 fj62 as well?
2: My rear seat has more of a squeak than a rattle, definitely coming from the right backrest attachment point... Would this still alleviate the squeaking?

2 Questions...
1: Will this work for a 1990 fj62 as well?
2: My rear seat has more of a squeak than a rattle, definitely coming from the right backrest attachment point... Would this still alleviate the squeaking?
I am betting that the 62 latch design is the same, and thus the bumpers would fit. It would be great if you sent a photo (here or PM) to confirm that.

If the latches are same and you're missing the bumpers, these WILL quiet down the noise generated by the seat post rattling around in the latch mechanism. That being said there are other areas of the seat that can generate noise. For example, on my rear seat, one of the posts on the seatback that engages with the latch is loose inside of the seat. The screws holding it down are as tight as the can be and it still has play - never seen another 60 with that issue. Now that my new bumpers have been in almost a week the post/latch noise is completely gone but I can hear the other noise more clearly now. And yes, it's more of a squeak. Take your rear seat back out of the latches, tighten the post screws, and then try to wiggle them. Report back what you find - I'm interested.

They won't hurt, I just can't promise they're a panacea for every noise your truck makes. I really wish mine would quiet down my exhaust leaks but they don't seem to work for that 😉

I am betting that the 62 latch design is the same, and thus the bumpers would fit. It would be great if you sent a photo (here or PM) to confirm that.

If the latches are same and you're missing the bumpers, these WILL quiet down the noise generated by the seat post rattling around in the latch mechanism. That being said there are other areas of the seat that can generate noise. For example, on my rear seat, one of the posts on the seatback that engages with the latch is loose inside of the seat. The screws holding it down are as tight as the can be and it still has play - never seen another 60 with that issue. Now that my new bumpers have been in almost a week the post/latch noise is completely gone but I can hear the other noise more clearly now. And yes, it's more of a squeak. Take your rear seat back out of the latches, tighten the post screws, and then try to wiggle them. Report back what you find - I'm interested.

They won't hurt, I just can't promise they're a panacea for every noise your truck makes. I really wish mine would quiet down my exhaust leaks but they don't seem to work for that 😉
Awesome! I'll report back when I get my truck back from the mechanic

3FF234D8-50D2-445F-97E3-11EB412C2BA1.jpeg

Orders shipping today as promised. This is about half of them.

DFDBD25C-E33C-4BE9-AAD2-29AA64E654C7.jpeg
The other half going is going out later today. This is all orders prior to right now.

It's cool seeing little annoyances like the rattling rear seat get some fixes, especially when it's a way that lets a member of the community bring in some money for their own Cruiser addiction.

It's cool seeing little annoyances like the rattling rear seat get some fixes, especially when it's a way that lets a member of the community bring in some money for their own Cruiser addiction.
I can 100% guarantee that after paying myself back for supplies (which cost several hundred dollars), all proceeds will be going to Land Cruiser parts (most certainly from vendors who frequent Mud). No funny tricks here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom