Builds Dissent offroad 2005 gx470 build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is this an updated bumper with the plate cutout on each side? Steel or aluminum?
Post #165, lifted's is the aluminum version. Yeah, his has cutouts for lighting options, I think he just got fogs, no integrated button led turns...

I LOVE the persistence!!! Lol

Totally!! 🤘 👍
Teaser side rail post #45. The bumper went from idea to production in like a year and the side rails are now over 1.5 years... no word, eh?

*hijack-begin*
FWIW, Rhino-Rack's Prado 120 backbonefits the GX470 and is available. While it's not listed on the USA website the warehouse has some (RTPB2 is the code name for {rado120/GX470 backbone). I'm sure it's readily available in other markets wher ethe Prado 120 exists too.
*hijack-end*

I'm psyched to see unfinished Aluminum front and rear Dissent bumpers on a silver GX!!! anyone have one yet?

Totally!! 🤘 👍
Teaser side rail post #45. The bumper went from idea to production in like a year and the side rails are now over 1.5 years... no word, eh?

*hijack-begin*
FWIW, Rhino-Rack's Prado 120 backbonefits the GX470 and is available. While it's not listed on the USA website the warehouse has some (RTPB2 is the code name for {rado120/GX470 backbone). I'm sure it's readily available in other markets wher ethe Prado 120 exists too.
*hijack-end*

I'm psyched to see unfinished Aluminum front and rear Dissent bumpers on a silver GX!!! anyone have one yet?

I have emailed Ben directly in the past. The front bumper is the only thing available to buy from him (just shoot an email). He moved on from the 470 platform due to lack of interest. From what I gather on products that were offered for the GX then discontinued (SSO bumper, etc), there are many people that say they want them but don't actually buy, thus not viable to continue R&D and production.

He did mention in his email (in July) to me that he could be willing to do a run or two of the rear bumper, but would need to be a group buy of a minimum of 10 people. 50% deposit, non-refundable. Pricing would be similar to the LC100 listed on the Dissent site.

Not sure if he would still be down to do so, but worth a try if you can gather the 10 people via here/GXOR - FB.

I have emailed Ben directly in the past. The front bumper is the only thing available to buy from him (just shoot an email). He moved on from the 470 platform due to lack of interest. From what I gather on products that were offered for the GX then discontinued (SSO bumper, etc), there are many people that say they want them but don't actually buy, thus not viable to continue R&D and production.

He did mention in his email (in July) to me that he could be willing to do a run or two of the rear bumper, but would need to be a group buy of a minimum of 10 people. 50% deposit, non-refundable. Pricing would be similar to the LC100 listed on the Dissent site.

Not sure if he would still be down to do so, but worth a try if you can gather the 10 people via here/GXOR - FB.
Yep,nobody wants to mod a GX470 these days.

lack of interest is the reason that Chris at Hefty Fabworks told me, when he dropped out of the GX470 after-market. Lexus isn't making any more GX470s, so market will always be pretty small. It looks like there is room for only one or two really successful GX470-only after-market vendors. One of them is probalby Metal-tech. Sad.

Last edited:
I like that the GX isn't mainstream except for this reason. I wish I could get a matching Dissent rear bumper, I've tried bugging Ben about it but guess there's not enough interest :(.

Here in LA everywhere you go see a bunch of Jeeps, Tacoma's, and 4runners.

deleted

Last edited:
There are new bumpers..4x4 Labs. Quitters 😂

I'd knuckle up for a rear bumper. I've been daydreaming and drooling over this thread for over a year hoping the rear bumper would be released.

I'd knuckle up for a rear bumper. I've been daydreaming and drooling over this thread for over a year hoping the rear bumper would be released.
Copy that...
Sounds like you'll need to drum up at least 9 customers paying half down up front for him to do a run. 😕

How many do we have here that would be interested in the rear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom