Builds Dissent offroad 2005 gx470 build. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are there any other options for that rubber looking filler?
It blends in on the black rig, but stands out on the white GX...

Any pictures without it??

Not that I'm aware of. If you don't have it you would have to make some pretty clean cuts to keep it looking good. Could potentially do a smaller trim as well?

Maybe @benc can let us know the brand/model of the trim he provides and we can see if there are other colors out there for it.

I ordered mine today.....in aluminum.

Nice. Didn't know he offered it. How much more was aluminum? How much weight savings?

He had mentioned possibly doing it early on in this thread. I really wanted aluminum for weight reasons so I wrote to him to ask if he’d make one in aluminum. He said they were just about to start doing aluminum so let me place the order. $1525 base price and not sure about the weight but it was said earlier in the thread that maybe 45-55 lbs

Are there any other options for that rubber looking filler?
It blends in on the black rig, but stands out on the white GX...

Any pictures without it??
You could go with a white door trim instead of black - heres a product on ebay.

Here is the finished product with the bullet lights and flush-mounts just set in for now to see how it looks.

View attachment 1849748

Here is where those 6 long SS bolts go.

View attachment 1849749

And Here is a before and after shot. Sorry the second one is kinda dark.

View attachment 1849750

It is cold and rainy outside, so it may be a day or 2 before I can get a good overall picture.
looks great!! can you show how it integrates/or mounts with regard to your RCI skid?

I'm impressed @ Dissent's movement on this bumper! Conceived, built, and available to customers in under a year! Mad props for quality products for the GX!!

An aside observation.... did anyone else the stainless badges (to driver of winch location) are mounted upside down... 🤔

I think the badge is upside down due to placement of the bumper on the pallet? I flipped mine after painting my bumper.

This was yesterday, but Mark (DRANGED on here) came over and helped me get my Dissent bumper on. The install threads helped a lot, appreciate the groundwork there. And Mark was a huge help, (thanks again!) I am rather mechanically disinclined but it was “simple enough”. Yet another example of the gx family having top notch members always willing to help out.
435D8835-442C-42B2-AFCB-1072275FDFF0.jpeg
2D711A0D-764C-49D1-B52A-D353B8A34A0A.jpeg
B46FF57D-5319-4B72-A9DB-50121EB6B4E3.gif
9DA5A25A-5077-48E7-8BE8-106F60C86F0E.jpeg

I was glad to, thanks for the invite!
Good projecting with good people, this forum is awesome!!
Good teamwork, dood!

All flips all the time!!

(Diversion)
BTW, @Lifted is right.... This one-step wonder is amazing!!

Cleaned up my dusty-ass desert dash nicely and easily..... I can only imagine if one took more time and attention with it.

This was yesterday, but Mark (DRANGED on here) came over and helped me get my Dissent bumper on. The install threads helped a lot, appreciate the groundwork there. And Mark was a huge help, (thanks again!) I am rather mechanically disinclined but it was “simple enough”. Yet another example of the gx family having top notch members always willing to help out. View attachment 2028534View attachment 2028535View attachment 2028536View attachment 2028537
Is this an updated bumper with the plate cutout on each side? Steel or aluminum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom