Builds Dirty Bastard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nobody ever tells me when they are going wheeling:frown:

Nobody ever tells me when they are going wheeling:frown:
If I'd known you were available, I would have bugged you to go.
I'm often available during the week (Tues/Wed/Thurs), so if you're available (which as a "retired" PE, you should be), let me know and we'll go. I'd love to see you pull in to Rogers with that 45/45 combo, and all of our red trucks together would be epic!

I'm doing some interior cleanup and was wondering what folks preferred for wire protection? The mesh or plastic stuff? I have the more robust plastic loom on all of the exterior circuits, but I'd like to get the underdash wiring wrapped up (just for looks, it's all protected and zip tied).

I prefer the mesh; however, that usually requires complete dissasembly of harness, so I revert back to plastic when I don't want to tear everything apart.

I like the power braid type mesh. Adding it to a previously installed harnes is doable (split loom) but would take lots of patience.

Not sure if this helps or not, but when I did the harness on my last rig, I added two or three extra wires in the main runs from front to rear of the car, and rear to mid so if I ever wanted to add something, the wire was already there. Adding a wire in a braided harness is a pain.

No, that would be crowd crushing...
Mustang-Meme-Image-Photo-Joke-06.png

Personally I think u should keep it and just do some tweaks so u can daily drive it. Then if u don't have time to go wheelin at least your still enjoying it. I put ac in mine and nice seats, I drive it all over the place and really enjoy doing so. Would really like to see u turn it into a fj43. Or go full Monte and stretch it into a troopy.

That may all still happen. It's very drivable on the street (although it's in need of a swaybar in the rear), and it could very well turn into a kind of do all, be all vehicle for me, especially if I make it an FJ43. The reality of it all though is that I used the truck as my "therapy" after my mom passed (classic guy thing, don't talk about my feelings, but keep myself occupied so I can work it all out in my head). I'm just kind of ready to move on and do something different.
One thing is for sure though, the lowball offers I get are likely going to prompt me to just keep the thing.
Personally I think u should keep it and just do some tweaks so u can daily drive it. Then if u don't have time to go wheelin at least your still enjoying it. I put ac in mine and nice seats, I drive it all over the place and really enjoy doing so. Would really like to see u turn it into a fj43. Or go full Monte and stretch it into a troopy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom