Builds Dirty Bastard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm all about the build too, it's what I do to keep my sanity from my day job. There isn't a car I've built that I wouldn't love back, but I'd so rather build for myself then get something done and be relegated to lawn chairs afterwards. Heck, right now I'm pulling a motor for a yet-to-be-identified project.... not just that but I hate pulling apart something that's already 'done' when I can just start over and have two vehicles saved from the crusher.

I've enjoyed watching this build. Would love to come check it out before it sells for some inspiration to get mine rolling.

Can't wait to see what's next for you.

I keep that thought in (too many trolls) my mind - but then again, the current one is number 8, nothing stays forever - and I've done really well selling them over the years.... trick, at least for me, is waiting for the guy or gal who wants it rather then settles for it. AFAIK there is no way to hurry that process. Not just that but you only need one prince. That person will come along - the last two vehicles where that happened were 6.2 diesel rigs (one a burb the other a truck) they went to the person who had been looking for exactly what I was selling but the time from the first 'offer for sale' to sale was a year (not continuously advertised). Enjoy it, eventually the right person will come along - one who realizes the deal he (or she) is getting. In the meantime, try to find the right start point and start collecting parts.

for completeness I'll add this.... aluminum. The next rig I build is going to be aluminum, 4340 and carbon fiber. Another '40? I dunno, I also like Land Rovers, Scouts and Patrols.....

I keep that thought in (too many trolls) my mind - but then again, the current one is number 8, nothing stays forever - and I've done really well selling them over the years.... trick, at least for me, is waiting for the guy or gal who wants it rather then settles for it. AFAIK there is no way to hurry that process. Not just that but you only need one prince. That person will come along - the last two vehicles where that happened were 6.2 diesel rigs (one a burb the other a truck) they went to the person who had been looking for exactly what I was selling but the time from the first 'offer for sale' to sale was a year (not continuously advertised). Enjoy it, eventually the right person will come along - one who realizes the deal he (or she) is getting. In the meantime, try to find the right start point and start collecting parts.

for completeness I'll add this.... aluminum. The next rig I build is going to be aluminum, 4340 and carbon fiber. Another '40? I dunno, I also like Land Rovers, Scouts and Patrols.....
I'm kind of in the same frame of mind when it comes to an aluminum bodied rig. My uncle has a series IIa rover (diesel) that his dad bought new in 68 which has a total of something like 10000 original miles. It's never been driven on the street and has spent it's entire service life as a snow plow for plowing the driveway and short road to my uncle's place. I'm pretty sure I can get it if I wanted it, but I'm also thinking of putting aside the vehicle hobby for a while and get myself back in the water and up into the mountains.

Like water sports, boat stuff? And like hiking for mountain time?

Like water sports, boat stuff? And like hiking for mountain time?
Like surfing (about the only thing my battle weary body tolerates any longer) and a lot of hiking. We have the Tundra for "overland" adventures with you and the rest of the Boots family. :)

Yes, we should get out camping with the families again.

I'm kind of in the same frame of mind when it comes to an aluminum bodied rig. My uncle has a series IIa rover (diesel) that his dad bought new in 68 which has a total of something like 10000 original miles. It's never been driven on the street and has spent it's entire service life as a snow plow for plowing the driveway and short road to my uncle's place. I'm pretty sure I can get it if I wanted it, but I'm also thinking of putting aside the vehicle hobby for a while and get myself back in the water and up into the mountains.

Jealous about that 2a - to me nothing says "tough offroad vehicle"* better. Of course, usually you buy a body and need to replace the frame (filed under "what were they thinking?" - they made a body that doesn't rust then put it on a frame that doesn't make it out of the factory without severe rust)

I've had boats and I've come to the place where I'm not rich enough to devote that kind of funds to another.... that said, I'm sick in that I still look occasionally.

*for completeness it also says slow and oil leaker but it adds character ;)

Jealous about that 2a - to me nothing says "tough offroad vehicle"* better. Of course, usually you buy a body and need to replace the frame (filed under "what were they thinking?" - they made a body that doesn't rust then put it on a frame that doesn't make it out of the factory without severe rust)

I've had boats and I've come to the place where I'm not rich enough to devote that kind of funds to another.... that said, I'm sick in that I still look occasionally.

*for completeness it also says slow and oil leaker but it adds character ;)
I can honestly say I'll never do another pleasure boat, but I'd love to do a large live aboard catamaran and sail for a year or two.

The End.
20181030_104926.jpg

Well, at least I got a chance to ride in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom