Diesel conversion from 2F to 1HZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Making the change to diesel by installing a 1HZ with a H55 trans into my 86 FJ60. Any one out that has done this conversion... any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Please search in the 60 and Diesel section this swap has been well doctumented.

Suggest you give Georg a call (650-576-2023). He will give you all the options and cost estimates. He has a lot of custom parts (i.e. motor mounts) you should consider purchasing from him if you plan on doing the swap yourself. If you want him do the work, it will not be inexpensive, and his waiting list lengthly. He did my 60 a couple of years ago and I'm very happy with the results.
IMG_3615.jpg

But get a turbo set up from the beginning
Agreed! I had initially considered NA, but I'm glad I went with the turbo. Even with a mild boost of 12#, it makes a huge difference in performance. For my install, Georg went with a generic Garrett, with a custom adapter. The 1HZ into a post 8/85 60 is one of Georg's preferred conversions, as virtually everything is bolt in except the motor mounts. Extending the wiring to the drivers side for the fuel solenoid, starter, oil and temperature sensors is all that is required. However, I would highly recommend adding an auxiliary relay in the start circuit, as the 1HZ starter solenoid current (18 Amps) is a bit much for the stock wiring.

Last edited:
IMG_4678.JPG
Doing my own work on this conversion and staying with a naturaly aspirated . Wiring will be a breeze. We will see about the engine mounts ... ? I have a mig welder available to reposition or for fabricating ... looking forward to getting this started !

Suggest you give Georg a call (650-576-2023). He will give you all the options and cost estimates. He has a lot of custom parts (i.e. motor mounts) you should consider purchasing from him if you plan on doing the swap yourself. If you want him do the work, it will not be inexpensive, and his waiting list lengthly. He did my 60 a couple of years ago and I'm very happy with the results. View attachment 1407016

What turbo kit are you using?

What turbo kit are you using?
It wasn't a kit; Georg fitted a Garrett GT2860 using a custom adapter to mount it to the 1HZ manifold. I believe several people are now making this adapter. All the intake piping was fabricated from locally purchased parts.

Last edited:
Nice I came across probably the cheapest way possible to turbo a 1HZ last night with stock crossover and manifold like yours.

664A2F66-7F93-4BE1-AC29-8017C93768E7.jpeg

3F999AD1-EABA-4FA3-BD55-99FAA0486E10.jpeg

8A09D4DC-000C-4C35-8525-7F2782625D8F.jpeg

@db3 is anyone producing this one. One I sent is about $150usd and obviously a bit bulkier

@db3 is anyone producing this one. One I sent is about $150usd and obviously a bit bulkier
A couple of years ago I believe @Akella was producing something like it. He used to have a website, but I cannot find a link to it, so I'd PM him.

@db3 thank for the tag

@Brost I still have a few CNC machined adapters for 1hz to T3 turbo.

I will try to dig them out and post a few pictures later tomorrow

Sorry had to dig them out

T3 flange 1hz -2.jpeg

T3 flange 1hz.jpeg

Any of you guys with 1hz conversions able to run me through wiring one it's not my strongest strength

Just about to start putting one into a HJ47 :)

Feel free to pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom