Craigslist Search Utility (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wrote a little search utility to make my life easier when I was searching for my 80, shopping for lenses, etc. on Craigslist. I posted this some time ago on the 80 tech page. I waited until I finally got the initiative to get a domain name and get it linked with my server to make the announcement here. And I added a third search field. Anyway, here is the link:

States

There is a writeup on the 80s tech page on how to use it here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/243020-craigslist-search.html

Basically, I got tired of searching "Denver" for "Land Cruiser" and then "Landcruiser" and then "LX450" and then going and doing the same miserable thing for "Boulder" and then "Ft Collins" and then, well you get the idea.

This app lets you say what you want to look for and dispatches the queries and writes them back in one response. You can limit it so you don't have to see 56 when there are only a couple new ones per day. It also condenses the output with smaller font and packs the links a little which I like.

It will also let you search other categories other than cars, just look at the pulldown.

If there are any errors like some city doesn't work or Craigs has added a city since I last updated, go ahead and PM me and I'll fix it. Craigs has also changed the category variables from time to time so I have to tweak it every 6 mos or so.

Paul

Hi,
I just joined and was reading the posts for the Craigslist search. It sounds great but didn't see anywhere what the URL was. Any help would be appreciated. It sounds great. Thanks, Bob

Click below.

States

(And welcome to 'mud)

Thank you I so needed this. I had to search for Landcruiser then go back to search Land Cruiser. Now I can add 2F to the search. Your the bomb.

Finally! Thank You so much. I just spent 3 hours searching Craigslists for an 85 4wd pick up. I wish I would have seen this sooner. Amazing Craigslist has never done this themselves.

...I LOVE this craigslist tool! ...But something is going on with it tonight... Everything ok??

You've added hours to my life! Wow!

This is me tipping my hat to you for creating/maintaining it.

If you have spare time and can easily add Canada (esp BC and Alberta) you'd become an allstar in my books.

Thanks again,
Paul

Is there a reason why the actual link results aren't showing up?
i.e. no links to the actual ads.

See cut and past below.

Results For: medford Found 8 Instances of fj40

Results For: oregoncoast Found 1 Instances of fj40

Results For: portland Found 50 Instances of fj40

Results For: roseburg Found 0 Instances of fj40

Results For: salem Found 1 Instances of fj40

BTW... This search rocks!!! Thanks!!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

same thing, been working great for months, now today it won't post any of the listings??

My guess is pmccumber (Paul), the IT guru and host of this awesome tool, is doing some maintenance... chill people, and check again tomorrow.

I'm having the same problem. Hopefully will work again!

Otherwise, thank you for doing this, it works great and has made searching so much easier!

:beer:

yeah same thing... Ill check back tomorrow. Hopefully craigslist didn't ban it

Talk about feeling helpless! Also, in California the Inland Empire search always comes up empty for some reason?

Amazing how I've come to rely on this wonderful little craigslist tool and how helpless I feel now thatwhen its not working... Hope everything is OK with it. Will check it again tomorrow...

Wow. I didn't know about this until know. I'm leaving for Moab this afternoon and I'm at work now. I will give it a quick look when I get back. I might just need a reboot but I'm betting CL has changed their output format SLIGHTLY and it throws of the pattern matches.

BTW, if this ever happens again, somebody say they are gonna email in this context and subsequently do so at pmccumber@comcast.net. I don't need 1.8 billion emails but I do take a certain amount of pride in keeping the thing humming.

Wow. I didn't know about this until know. I'm leaving for Moab this afternoon and I'm at work now. I will give it a quick look when I get back. I might just need a reboot but I'm betting CL has changed their output format SLIGHTLY and it throws of the pattern matches.

BTW, if this ever happens again, somebody say they are gonna email in this context and subsequently do so at pmccumber@comcast.net. I don't need 1.8 billion emails but I do take a certain amount of pride in keeping the thing humming.

As much as it sucks, TAKE YOUR TIME. You have saved everyone so much time already, we can wait an hour or 2.:cheers:

Thanks and great work. Enjoy Moab. :flipoff2:

Thanks again, Paul.

Wow, this has saved me so much time. Thanks! Enjoy Moab.

Paul - You are a hero to all of us! thanks enjoy Moab

I feel crippled without this amazing utility! thanks for the hard work, hope MOAB was good to yah. Can't wait for this to be back up and running :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom