Builds Coop's GX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

did breathers hose for Diffs, couldn't find the end of the transfer/transmission hose

IMG_0361.jpg

got some stuff done today
New Battery 31M from Battery Plus, its an X2 which is made by Northstar. It's a very tight fit. When I get more time, I plan to run some new cables, got some welding 0 cables.

IMG_0446.jpg

the wire from the lower side of the fuse box wouldn't reach, so for now, I put in the 250 circuit breaker
IMG_0447.jpg

Hose clears, but I think that I will cut the hose some and pull it more towards the engine
IMG_0450.jpg

A foam padding I got from a stereo store to protect the battery from the fender well
IMG_0451.jpg

Last edited:
ARB compressor and Slee's mount.
it is not hooked up yet, need to tap the treads on the fender, the bolts will not go in to fender opening so that I can mount the mount. Also need to tighten everything down and air connections.
the ARB switch, I took the mirror switch and trimmed it to fit newer panel and the use extra hold to mount the ARB switch. might swap the RSCA and ARB switch later.
IMG_0432.jpg

the new stuff
IMG_0448.jpg

the wire rub against the brake res, so I used the stereo foam to take the rubbing.
IMG_0449.jpg

Just not sure where to put/mount the ARB fuse from the battery

Last edited:
So If i don't have Mark Levinson then do I have the JBL?

Could also have the Pioneer - I found out about its existence the hard way... wiring harness for the JBL CANBUS doesnt work with the Pioneer...

cut the hose, much better fit

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Bruce,

Those holes in the fender should already be tapped. Just run the supplied bolts in and out of them slowly a couple of times (like you would a tap- in a few turns, out, in a few more turns, out, etc.) and the little plug at the end will fall out. I am weird, so before I put the bolts in I dipped them in some assembly lube I had handy.

I ran that battery on my 4Runner. It was a monster!

Thanks, that's kind of what I did. Had some cutting oil, and took a matched bolt that was laying around and cleaned them out that way

A couple of snow drift crossing, high in Northern New Mexico mountains. we where the first to cross these drifts on the NMBDR. as a friend describes it; The trail is blocked by snow drifts, not the light powdery type snow that you just blast thru, this stuff is sorta like Styrofoam. We can walk on it and not sink in. The question is would the trucks break thru? There were no tracks anywhere so if we can get thru we'd be the first ones thru this stretch this year.
I was number 2 in the group, since I did not have lockers or a winch, first a Classic Range Rover with a locker and build for off road.

Last edited:
time for another week out in the woods :)

I have my storage box and saw "Frenchy", from ROF on Expo forums do this, so I decide good idea. simple and easy, makes a good sandwich making area when on the road or trail. Cost, some old wood and 30 mins, just trimmed the bottom side, so that it fits inside the drawer, so it doesn't move.

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

I have my storage box and saw "Frenchy", from ROF on Expo forums do this, so I decide good idea. simple and easy, makes a good sandwich making area when on the road or trail. Cost, some old wood and 30 mins, just trimmed the bottom side, so that it fits inside the drawer, so it doesn't move.

View attachment 1495089

View attachment 1495090

So I need a place to mount this board when going down the road, made a bracket to hold it.
I attached it to the underside of the rack over the fridge.

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

then I started working on another drop down table for thereat door, still need to hook up straps and a lock for while it is up.

IMG_0628.jpg

Also need to decide on what I will cover these boards, since they will be uses for preparing food.

added a tailgate shelve for making food or something and a towel holder, need to get a pin to hold the latch closed

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.JPG

Great build...while the wood looks great, you can go to a kitchen supply warehouse and replace the drop down cutting board with a poly board for easier cleaning if you are using it for food prep. Just a thought for you!

Great build...while the wood looks great, you can go to a kitchen supply warehouse and replace the drop down cutting board with a poly board for easier cleaning if you are using it for food prep. Just a thought for you!

Thanks, might need to do that. Next month I am rebuilding my off road trailer box and using POR-15 polyurethane and planning to cover the boards, but if it doesn't do the job, then a cutting board is next

So today I added a power panel to the right rear, have not hooked it up yet. 10g power to the battery for the fridge and then jumper the for the USB & readout.
Wood poles are to build a area over the fridge

View attachment 1406196

New GX owner here - great build thread, thanks for documenting so much of your work!

I have the same ARB fridge and am looking to run constant power to rear cargo area. What's the best routing for the wire from the battery back to the cargo area?

Thanks again,
-Roger

New GX owner here - great build thread, thanks for documenting so much of your work!

I have the same ARB fridge and am looking to run constant power to rear cargo area. What's the best routing for the wire from the battery back to the cargo area?

Thanks again,
-Roger

I ran the wire (8 Gauge for small power lost) from the right rear panel to the rear of the back seats (2nd row), then across and along the door still, then out through the firewall. When I did this, I also ran 5 more wires for future use encase I wanted power to something else inside the truck.

Last edited:
today I went to Axxis audio and they installed a iDatalink Maestro to my Kenwood head unit. Really like the information I can get, but wish I could get transmission temp, here are a few pictures.

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

I ran the wire (8 Gauge for small power lost) from the right rear panel to the rear of the back seats (2nd row), then across and along the door still, then out through the firewall. When I did this, I also ran 5 more wires for future use encase I wanted power to something else inside the truck.

Thanks! That seems to be the consensus. Any tips or tricks on pulling the door sill trim? This is my next project.

Thanks! That seems to be the consensus. Any tips or tricks on pulling the door sill trim? This is my next project.
Just give it a yank. It pops right off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom